Old 01-15-2008, 10:10 PM   #61  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Rosebud - GREAT news on the car I will keep the housing situation in prayer. We LOVE living in town. DH and I can walk to work much of the year. We also walk to the park, downtown, etc. We loved raising the kids in a neighborhood too. And you are right - with gas prices ...

Hope everyone had a good day We got our last Christmas present from the kids today. When we were in CA, they had us pick out 30 pictures from their collection. They made them into a calendar, with the last one being a picture of all of us together. It made me cry when I opened it. Such a wonderful gift
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:17 AM   #62  
Black Team TBL-WMB

S/C/G: 177/173/140

Height: 5'6'

I haven't posted here for a bit and I don't why but I'm back. I'll be stopping by more often . Hope every one has a great week
losinitin07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:47 PM   #63  

Losin' - glad to see you back We missed you! I see you are doing the BL contest as well (red team member here). Good luck!!!
Old 01-16-2008, 09:08 PM   #64  
Black Team TBL-WMB

Glad to be back,good luck to you too.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:27 PM   #65  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

BACK, LOSINITIN07 ~ I'm not sure if I met you before or not; but, I only started here in early 2007 myself. Thanks for your prayers on the Prayer Request thread; they were very nice.

COUNTING ~ our housing situation is OK; becuz we live 10 miles in the country, we must have a vehicle that runs well or we're stranded out here. We picked up another car; I went for my first ride in it today. DH says it feels like a boat on the road ~ lol! Yes, it is comfortable, has a great heater and an air conditioner that works and it runs well, which is very important.

We have special rules here ~ every time a car is sold, it must pass a new mechanical inspection to prove it is in road-worthy condition; and the gov has been getting on the garages about it. Our old mechanic is sick; our next choice, can't do it right now; so we have to go to someone DH doesn't know that well, so he's a bit anxious about it and the cost, of course (it comes down to a 'trust' factor; as some mechanics rip people off).

We went to the meeting, but there was some misunderstanding; it was only for some very tiny apartments in town (our source thought is was for small houses which was an error). DH says we might as well stay here; and he is right. We would get claustrophobic there, I think! There is a terrible shortage of housing in our town, and no-one is building anything either.

ANYHOW, that's all the news from here; we had a good day. Take good care, your fellow encourager ROSEBUD^prayers^ continue for you and yours ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-16-2008 at 10:30 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:58 AM   #66  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Just
I thought that was their purpose lol

Counting
Thanks.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:49 AM   #67  
Quit counting at 45!

I posted yesterday and my computer timed out for some reason and I lost the post. That's life I guess.

It's really cold here right now. Not much going on outside. It's supposed to be like this until the middle of February. I guess Ill be doing my exercising inside!!

I am enjoying the ball. I don't use it every day. It is great for working the abs. I don't think you really need to use the ball to do the exercises but it does add an element of fun. I am still struggling with the balancing with it but am getting the hang of it. Good thing no one can see me using it. I am using it along with working out on my bike - some strength and cardio. I plan to use it maybe twice a week and then do the watp dvds on other days.

Gary: That's a horrible thing to happen. My prayers go out to the family. That is such a terrible disease.

It sounds like everyone else here is doing great. Keep it up.

Have a great day!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:58 AM   #68  
Black Team TBL-WMB

justwanttobehealthy hello nice to meet ya,I was here back before Christmas time just got away glad to be back.

Hello every one else hope you have a very blessed day
Old 01-17-2008, 09:21 PM   #69  

Hi all!

Wilma - thanks for the update on the ball. Someone on another thread said that her cat popped hers. Something I need to consider. Our cat has already eaten the corners of my yoga blocks and wedge and mat.

Rosebud - the exact opposite problem here - so many houses for sale. Old, new, in town, in subdivisions, in the country. You can't walk a block without finding a house for sale. Not much is selling either. Michigan is a tough state to live in right now if you plan on relocating or don't already have employment. Thankfully, we are blessed to both have stable jobs and a modest (but paid for) house that meets our needs quite well.

I'm thrilled that DH sold the honkin' snowblower for $75 more than he paid for the new little electric one I'm even more thrilled that he considers it his new "toy", so he is doing all the snow moving this week. I'm sure the novelty will wear off and I will be back out helping within a week or so.

Blessings!
Laurie
Old 01-17-2008, 11:51 PM   #70  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Stopping in to say hello gals ~ I will catch up this week-end. All is well here....could use a little discipline on getting a couple of pounds off though....wink
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:14 AM   #71  
Rosebud

SHY ~ which, the prayers or the car ... LOL??? Yah, both! Prayers on a Prayer thread; a car that runs and actually takes you places. I think we had a bummer for way too long! It's time to lay down the law; I want a car that moves or else! Yah, he heard me ...

COUNTING ~ let us know how that ELECTRIC snowblower works; DH thought of getting one, but he wasn't sure if it would last or do the job. What size engine does it have? 5 horse power? He just wanted one to clear a path out back for us.

GARY ~ would like some of that too (self-discipline), so I prayed to the Holy Spirit about that; I thought I read somewhere in the Word, that was one of the fruits of the Spirit. I'm actually getting much better, so I think he heard me.

I heard this adage somewhere (correction; sorry, had it wrong) ~ 'SELF-DISCIPLINE IS NOT ACQUIRED BY OSMOSIS; IT IS A LEARNED BEHAVIOR THAT COMES ONLY BY PRACTICE!' Maybe that's why it seems so hard ...

LOSINITIN07~ HI BACK! glad you came back; that happens so much here. We meet someone we really like and find so interesting, and they up and disappear somewhere. And we're thinking, where did everbody go??? LOL!

We had a good day; just did housework, laundry, and stuff like that; DH worked on the boat ~ lol! Take good care; your fellow encourager ROSEBUD ^PRAYERS^ continue for you and yours ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-18-2008 at 08:15 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:24 PM   #72  
pastewart

S/C/G: 277/276/145

Height: 5ft. 5inch.

Hello I just joined yesterday afternoon. I am still getting to know this site. I am hoping to meet new people and make new friends. I hope this is posted in the right area. God bless all of you! Paula
pastewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 01:16 PM   #73  
Black Team TBL-WMB

Glad you are here, post often you will find lots of support here ,
Old 01-18-2008, 07:25 PM   #74  

Paula
Come visit us often - this is a great place to hang out!

Rosebud - DH got a Snow Joe after doing quite a bit of research. It has a 13.5 amp motor. He has only used it once, but so far - so good. I have the littlest Toro (actually they call it a power shovel). I like it a lot. It isn't too heavy to lift. But, it doesn't have a chute, so it is hard to use if we get more than 6". I've had it about 8 years and it is still going strong.

Gary - you KNOW what you need to do - just get back to it

Good day for me today! It was a SNOW DAY at school. This means that all the teachers and kids stay home This means that my phone does not ring off the hook all day long and that I actually get to get caught up on the long list of projects waiting for me And - my weigh in for the BL contest was 158.6

I'm off to work on the PowerPoints for Sunday's service. I hope you all have a blessed evening and weekend
Old 01-18-2008, 08:08 PM   #75  
Rosebud

PAULA ~ Your registered name is unusual (PASTEWART); what does it mean? Come back often, and tell us a bit about yourself and your life. This is a great place to make friends and get support for a common goal at the same time ...

COUNTING ~ THANKS for the info link for the SNOWJOE; showed it to DH and kept the link for future reference. It looks pretty powerful (one of Dh's concerns becuz we have lots of snow here); I think he is going to consider it again.

WILMA ~ glad you are getting a workout on that ball; yes, we could just imagine how funny it might be to roll around on one. Dh and I were joking about that awhile back.

We woke up to another snow storm; now the snow is up and over the garden fence and the greenhouse is now becoming 'buried' ~ lol! So, we had to move our baskets off the fence (a couple are still under the snow); and we are going to hang them on our birdhouse pole instead. This is the most snow that we have seen since we moved here over 15 years ago.

Can't believe the weekend it here again; just did the regular daily chores today; and cooking/dishes as per usual. I did get outside for a bit, to do a little snow pushing (only I use a wide shovel and my arms) so that SWEETIE could get out further; she's small and doesn't have the same strength since she's been sick. But it's funny, at dinnertime, she seemed to perk up like nothing was bothering her at all ~ LOL! My Dad says that she would do anything for food; I think he's right; LOL!

WELL, that's all for now; hope everyone has a great weekend. Take good care, your fellow encouragerROSEBUD^PRAYERS^continue for you and yours ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-18-2008 at 08:18 PM.