Old 01-04-2008, 04:53 PM   #16  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Counting
So glad everything went well and congrats on losing while you were gone. Aren't the walk away the lbs videos great. Think of all the things you can do today that were hard to do before you started to lose weight.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 02:24 PM   #17  
Quit counting at 45!

Hi everyone! I just finished taking down my Christmas decorations. It's a little depressing but I love the feeling of space when everything is back in it's place.

I actually didn't gain weight over christmas. I have been under the weather though and haven't exercised the way I wanted to. I have used the ball only once but sure could feel in in my abs that it will work. I plan to do something different every day. With the ball, bike and WATP DVDs I should be able to change it up often.

We had a scare with our DIL this week. she spent the night in the hospital with severe abdominal pains. It turns out that she had a gallbladder attack. She's so young but both her and my son have very poor eating habits. This was quite a wake up call for them. Hopefully they get on the path to healthy eating now.

I see everyone here has been doing really well. I hope to post more often and make myself accountable. I really want to lose this last 25 - 30 lbs.

Have a happy new year!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 08:45 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hi Everybody! I really thought this was worth passing on. I hope y'all enjoy it too.

Out of the mouths of babes! What could be more true?
UNITED STATES MAP - Short But Good!

A father wanted to read a magazine but was being bothered by his
little girl, Shelby. She wanted to know what the United States looked
like.

Finally, he tore a sheet out of his new magazine on which was printed
the map of the country. Tearing it into small pieces, he gave it to
Shelby , and said, "Go into the other room and see if you can put this
together. This will show you our whole country today."

After a few minutes, Shelby returned and handed him the map,
correctly fitted and taped together. The father was surprised and asked
how she had finished so quickly.

"Oh," she said, "on the other side of the paper is a picture of
Jesus. When I got all of Jesus back where He belonged, then our
country just came together."

This one is worthy of forwarding.
OVER AND OVER AGAIN......
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 11:44 PM   #19  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

*peeking head in*

Hi everyone, it has been forever, and probably so long that I am just like a brand-new 3FC member again! I do remember a couple of names in the thread (Hi EZMONEY and mom2fivesweeties!!) But anyway, I am back on 3FC and would love to spend some time with the wonderful Christian Encouragers again! I hope you don't mind

So a little about me just because it has been so long. My name is Christina, and I was on 3FC back in 2005-2006 as I was dieting to lose a few pounds (the newlywed 15, I like to call it, although it was more than 15 ) I was in grad school. Since then, I have finished my Chemistry Ph.D. and gave birth to a wonderful baby boy on March 3, 2007, and my husband has become a truck driver! I am currently a stay-at-home mom, but am looking for my first job in science. And trying to lose 35 pounds that has been following me around since I delivered 10 months ago. In the little free time I have, I love going to Disney World (hooray for annual passes!), taking pictures, writing, cooking, sewing, and digital scrapbooking.

Happy New Year to everyone!
crk05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:53 AM   #20  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Good morning Ladies ~

WELCOME BACK CRISTINA!!!! I do remember you and always wondered if it was a boy or girl!

Today, after church, Angie and I are going to San Diego to see the musical Jesus Christ Superstar then all the kids are meeting us at Claim Jumper to take advantage of $200 in gift certificates we have recieved in the last couple of years.....they always go for free food....oh and to help celebrate Angie and my 12th anniversary!

Have a great day....I may be back later.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:15 AM   #21  
Rennie

ez
Happy anniversary. Sounds like a wonderful time.

crk
Hello, congrats on the new ( well not so new now ) baby boy. Hope you find the job you are looking for. People are always welcome back here. There is always room for another at Gods table. I love to sew, use to make a lot of the kids clothes. Am glad my daughter, now age 17, doesn't play with Barbie's anymore lol. Darn those clothes were hard to make. Welcome and please let us know how things are going.

Karen
Wow that was so great and so very true.

Wima
Glad you have all the Christmas stuff put away. Does make the house seem a bit plane but isn't it nice to have things nice and neat again. How is that ball going. Waiting to hear your reviews on it before I get one lol. Sorry about your DIL. Had my gallbladder taken out years ago. It is very painful and scary to when you have the attacks. I am sure you are on your way to getting the rest of that weight off. Isn't something that happens fast but it does happen and we are sure happy we made our selfs eat better and exercise.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:53 AM   #22  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Thanks for the warm welcome (back) EZMoney and Shy Moment! I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday!

Very quiet day for me today! My baby has been teething this week so his sleep schedule is WAY off, so I have been pretty sleepy since I have to get up with him usually once or twice a night. Right now he is napping, so I'm having a little computer time and also doing some crock pot cooking for later this week. Tomorrow I plan to work on some job applications, and I'm also starting a couple of classes (anatomy and microbiology) at the local college just for fun, and to give me some extra background in some areas of science I don't know much about. I figure the broader my knowledge base, the more I will have to contribute to any job I end up with, especially if it's in teaching! Anyway, I'm pretty excited about it.

Have a wonderful afternoon!
crk05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 11:11 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Just a quick pop in to say Hello to everyone!

Hi Christina---congrats on the baby boy! My hubby is a Timmy too and even at 61 his family still calls him Timmy!

Gary & Angie--- Happy Anniversary!! Enjoy your specaial day!

Will try to get back later.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 02:58 PM   #24  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

wilma - glad you maintained over the holidays - that is a victory in itself. Sorry to hear about DIL, but you are right - it may be a blessing in disguise. Our youngest is quite heavy and it is something that concerns us. Once they become adults and move out, it is so hard to influence them in a way that brings about a change in behavior. I keep prayin' though!

Karen - thanks for the story - there is so much truth in your post!

crk05 - Welcome! I look forward to getting to know you! Good luck on your job hunting. It has taken me 22 years to lose the baby weight

Gary - we have seen Superstar twice. Both were very different from each other, but both were very good. I bought the albums as a teen and still know every word to every song. I'm betting that you have a GREAT time!

I hope you have a wonderful anniversary! Enjoy

Dawn - I used to make my kid's clothes too. I didn't buy them anything ready-made until they were about 4. Even their little footed pajamas with the grippy feet (that fabric was hard to get the needle through though). I still made their shorts (big baggy elastic waist things) into high school. I used to make all of my clothes too - but now - somehow - sale racks and second hand stores seem to be easier and much less expensive. I have a boat-load of fabric though, that I need to do something with. I get the "bug" to make something for myself every once in a while. And - my sewing machine has seen a lot of action lately taking in my favorite skirts

I hope everyone has/had a blessed Sunday. The weather is dreary (freezing rain) here so I'm making soup in the crockpot for dinner. Somehow a big pot of soup always makes me feel better
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:13 PM   #25  
Rennie

Counting
I made special things for them, dresses, suits things like that. Just got to the point it was more expensive to make stuff than buy it. Heck good will is cheap lol. I still make things from time to time. Made my daughters prom dress. Was glad when it was done. My gosh it was hard to make.

crk
Had a wonderful day thank you. Heck my kids had teeth and I didn't even know they were coming in so can't really relate to that but bet it is rough on you and the baby. Always a good idea to get more education if you can afford it. Hope things are going well with you.

Karen
Hello
Old 01-07-2008, 02:57 PM   #26  

Default Hi there!

Tigerdawg- Welcome! Sounds awesome having a party for your college kids...
Shy- I love my church family, there is so much support there. Especially when you go to the same one so they get to know you well.
Rosebud- Thanks! The party was great we did the year in review w/ pics and our famous present exchnage where you can take a present from someone else when its your turn so you are never guarenteed what present you will get till the last person goes...
Glad your feeling better.
E.Z.- I am on vacation now but had dental apt. today get two temp. caps replaced with permanents, mouth is sore now, and then to Gastric Dr. tom. to get results of blood work and ekg, and routine f/u apt. will pack wed. we fly out at 6an for fla. yeah. although it is getting warmer here now.
Wilma- congrats no weight gain, awesome prayers for dil
Christina- welcome back!
I am doing well, can't wait for vacation, will be incomunicato until 1/23 so as always prayers!
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:59 PM   #27  
Rennie

doit
I loved the little church I went to. He liked his big church. We are compromising ( more him than me ) and finding a little church that is a bit quieter than the one I went to. Yes, I loved the church. I love the smallness and everyone knowing everyone. He said I needed the smallness because I am much more involved. It was important to me so that make it important to him. He just wanted something a little more toned down until he got use to it if we were only going to go to the one church. I said ok, I could live with that. Problem is lol, you can't predict what is going to happen at a Pentecostal church lol.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:30 PM   #28  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HELLO EVERYONE ~ boy, times sure flies when you are busy; didn't realize it had been so long since I posted. It took almost one whole day on the weekend to get the tree and rest of the Christmas decos and boxes sorted out. We are using a new system that SHY mentioned. I marked all the boxes with a big number to keep them in order, becuz every year we lose track of at least one box somehow.

With this new system, we shouldn't have that problem anymore; and we also re-organized them to get more stuff in fewer boxes becuz we do have limited storage space here. I have to agree with you ladies, Dh and I both noticed how plain the house looked after we took all the decos down, so we hung up a new butterfly mobile I got for Christmas, and it looks great along side a pretty dragonfly, birds, angels, and such.

Don't know why, but everything is melting here; having above Oc weather. We even had some rain yesterday and part of our deck is bare now. I think this has been one of the mildest Januarys I have seen in a long while; usually we are down in the -30C's. And please note that I am not complaining, just sharing a weather mystery with you all ~ LOL!

BACK, CHRISTINE ~ that would be great if you could get a job in teaching; we always hear up here in Canada that the US is in dire need of good, dedicated teachers and qualified nurses. Hope all works out for you.

GARY ~ Congrats to you and ANGIE on your 12th anniversary; hope you have a great time. I have only seen JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR on the TV screen, the movie version; I preferred the older version myself.

SUE ~ WOW, lucky you; off to a cruise in Florida? Hope you have a wonderful time with all your friends.

SHY AND COUNTING ~ thanks for your well wishes; I'm feeling much better today.

HI WILMA AND KAREN ~ nice to see you both again; KAREN, we seem to receive very similar emails ~ lol.

I have been doing a lot of reading lately; just magazine subscriptions that we got for Christmas gifts and some a friend brought over for me. Just wanted to let you know that I am keeping on plan; hope my few little treats didn't cause me any problem. I am always amazed at some ladies who even lose weight over Christmas; I hope to at least stay the same.

WELL, that's all from here for now; not much going on really. Take good care, your fellow encourager ROSEBUD ^Prayers^ flow continually ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:27 AM   #29  
Rennie

Justwant
I bet it took me a whole day to get everything put away. One time I lost a Christmas tree top for 3 years lol. That is why I got everything more organized. That top is 1 of the 2 most important Christmas thing I have. My Mom and Dad bought it the Christmas I was born. The other is a manger my father made from my crib. We have had cold weather and then warm. Really pretty normal for us but a bit warmer. We don't really get bad here until the end of Jan.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:34 PM   #30  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

WOW, it's quiet around here today! We had more mild weather with lots of fog all day; our parking lot and back yard are all sheets of ice. It's no good for walking out there at all right now; DH and I saw our neighbour slip and fall down, but his son quickly ran and helped him up and thankfully, he wasn't hurt; he was good natured and laughed about it.

I told Dh that I want to get some sand from somewhere; so Dh went to the side of the road and brought some sand to spread all around the front door area and near our car. If we go in town shopping tomorrow, I don't want to fall again; I have had two bad falls in that parking lot already (one ended up with a fractured leg).

We spent the day doing housework: laundry (stripping and changing the bed) and such. Had leftover homemade turkey and sweet potoato soup with homemade w/w biscuits; a nice light dinner.

SHY ~ Dh wants to make a Nativity Creche Scene for next Christmas; he has been talking about it for a while. He has finally decided that will be his next project.

Well, that's all for here, see you all soon; your fellow encourager ROSEBUD ^PRAYERS^ continue ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote