Old 10-13-2007, 12:27 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Christian Encouragers #218

Christian Encouragers #218

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servent's Prayer

Jesus, My Jesus....How marveleous your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myselt totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hadness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name.
Amen
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 12:30 PM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS ~

We had a lot of pages on #217....we haven't bumped up since MAY...it was time!
Old 10-13-2007, 12:39 PM   #3  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS ~

It is a beautiful day here! It rained last night and again this morning, the air is so clear now. Angie and I skipped the walk to Starbucks, didn't want to get stuck in the :rain : We just took Reba and Rylee on a quick 1.5 mile walk around the neighborhood....they still managed to get soaking wet...just what they love! I finished with 3 miles on the treadmill, while Angie did some yoga .

Angie is at church for bell practice. Our pastor is having his 4oth Anniversary for the ministry tomorrow, should be nice. We are giving him the day off of preaching

Angie and I went out to dinner last night at a local fish restaurant. I had halibut and she had mahi-mahi. It was good, we both made the mistake of getting the twice baked potatoes...should have stuck with my first thought of rice.

KAREN ~Good news on your family. I hope your sister gets that job. Have a great time at the BBQ!

ROSEBUD ~Snow! Already!! God for you guys

be back.....dogs outta control..........

EDIT ~

OK, I am back. One of their "friends" was walking by with their owner, they were out of control BARKING out their hello's!

RENNIE ~I wish you could get a run in Thanksgiving morning too! We used to have our Thansgiving on Saturday. Being an extended family, the kids had to make several stops. They had dinner at my sister's and their grandma (my mom) ~ at their mom's house or their grandparents...my ex-wife's folks. My step-daughter sometimes had Thanksgiving at her grandma's on her dad's side. It was just too difficult for us as a family to have it here, back a few years ago, on Thursday so we always did ours on Saturday with a lot of people....usually around 25 or so. Not sure the plan for this year...all I know is I will have turkey somewhere!

Enjoy your day ladies!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 10-13-2007 at 12:51 PM.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:44 PM   #4  

Default Hi there!

Wilma- Thanks! Hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving dinner! and visit w/family
E.Z.- Thanks! Yum chili especially when it is cold out. Sounds yummy! Wow! 6 miles you go guy!!! Great news on Jeff- responding- prayers he continues to heal as well as scotty starts really responding verbally, prayers for your family for healing for all it has been through this year. How did the kids make out with the house deal?
Rosebud- Snow! Pretty but not ready for it yet! Thanks for all the prayers for Jim. They opened his Left eye which was sewed shut and he was unable to see anything so there is not much hope that eye will regenerate. They closed it back up to avoid infection and will probably eventually remove it. He was held back from transfering to Boston, until next week- some problem with the bed.. Anyway this week did well sang 4 hymns with his son and the pastor. So pray he continues to improve and begins to be able to walk, and get around better and become even more able to do simple things for himself.
Prayers to everyone.
Shy thanks for being a great encourager you always here with a nice word for all. Gotta run...
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 10:55 PM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

PRAYERS UP-DATES ~

On Jeff, my daughter in law's dad, Nicole said he told her today that God told him he was to stop drinking. Now remember, he is starting to remember things, but not even close to being normal. So, take it for what you want...or what we hope I guess...was it really God? Let's hope so!

ALSO ~

Here is the latest, as of this morning, on Scott.

Injured high school linebacker no longer 'critical'

By: North County Times

ESCONDIDO -- Injured Mission Hills High School linebacker Scott Eveland's condition has changed from "critical" to "serious," and the teen was taken off his ventilator this week, authorities said.

"He's able to breathe on his own," said Andy Hoang, spokesman for Palomar Medical Center, where Eveland, 17, has been hospitalized since staggering off the San Marcos field during a game and slipping into a coma Sept. 14.

Eveland has since been moved from the intensive care unit to the intermediate care unit. He is now able to open his eyes, but has yet to respond to commands, Hoang said.

"We have not seen yet any signs of neurological improvement," he said.

Eveland also remains borderline comatose, and "we'll need more time to give a definitive answer at this point," Hoang said.

Still, Hoang said it was a "big positive" that Eveland's

Last edited by EZMONEY; 10-13-2007 at 10:56 PM.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:57 PM   #6  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

AUNT SUE ~The house situation for the kids is still in limbo, there are two interested parties in buying it, if the bank will allow it...long ongoing process....thanks for remembering and the prayers!
Old 10-14-2007, 08:36 AM   #7  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Mornin' all! Just back from vacation. I'm still catching up on how everyone is doing, but it looks like many prayers were answered while I was away. God is so amazing and incredible!

Vacation was fantastic! Food was amazing, but DH and I split an entree every evening and took healthy food for our breakfast and lunch (usually on the hiking trails each day) so I didn't do any damage to the diet. Major victory for me, who usually uses a vacation as a license to eat everything in sight.
NSV - "2 mile trail to the falls? Let's go!" I couldn't believe that the words came out of my mouth! - Normally, we don't hike the trails much since I have a tough time with them. But the loss of 35 lbs made a HUGE difference. We hiked every day and saw some amazing waterfalls that were only visible on the trails.

I am so blessed to have found 3FC, everyone here has been so terrific - the encouragement has made a big difference in my ability to stay OP.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 08:49 AM   #8  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Good morning Ladies ~

Checking in again. Angie will go to first service today, she has to play bells and take knucklhead nephew, so he can help the youth group set up for Pastor's big celebration. I will meet Angie and my son and daughter in law there for second service then the lunch and celebration.

SUE ~I want to say how sorry I am for Jim's eye, continued prayers for recovery.

LAURIE ~Wonderful job on vacation! Sounds like you did all the right things from sharing food and getting in some nice hikes! Outstanding!

Have a great day ladies ~ Gary
Old 10-14-2007, 09:14 AM   #9  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSEBUD!

MAY YOUR DAY BE WONDERFUL AND FULL OF OUR LORD'S BLESSINGS!

Old 10-14-2007, 11:48 PM   #10  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

THANX, THANX, THANX! We did get out and I did get a birthday dinner, but it was healthy; I did a lot of walking today up at the site (four times around the loop). We closed up Dad's cottage for the winter and brought home DH's shovels, so he'll be ready for the next *** snowfall ***

The snow has all melted and my marigolds actually survived three days under snow; I have always said that Marigolds are one special flower; GOD made them for people like me, cuz they are easy to grow and they last and last. I even wrote a poem about them ~ LOL! I brought the last two hanging baskets in the house, just in time; and they look so lovely on my windowsill.

ABOUT JEFF ~ that is interesting what JEFF said; I always wonder if people in comas get special messages from GOD that they can share with us ...

Welcome back LAURIE ~ you did very well on your vacation ...
HI SUE ~ sorry about JIM's eye problems; prayers will definitely continue ...

KAREN ~ sorry I missed you in my last post; sometimes its hard to remember everyone, although I am trying; best wishes for the sale of your house and the move.

HELLO to everyone else ... have a great week everyone; your fellow encourager ROSEBUD ^ PRAYERS ^ continue upwards ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:36 AM   #11  

Gary, I thought you should know that we now have 27 golden retriever puppies from 3 moms. Sound like fun? My grandkids love them. It might take awhile to sell that many. They should be ready to go in 2 weeks. Prayers for the Woods family, Jeff, Jim, Scott ...........I'm sure I missed some. I got behind again.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:48 AM   #12  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

CAROL that sounds like a lot of fun...and WORK!! OH MY!!
Old 10-15-2007, 05:01 PM   #13  
Rosebud

HELLO ~ we are having very cold weather here right now; colder than usual. It's so odd, in the summer, it was terribly hot, and now it's terribly cold; where is our fall? It feels like winter out there ~ LOL!

WELL, DH re-injured his shoulder again; he's always over-doing it! So, it was his turn to go to the emerg -- for xrays; and yep, there is some more damage in his shoulder. Now he's in a sling, got meds for inflammation and pain; and has to start some kind of physio-therapy tomorrow. I hope that helps and doesn't make it worse!

Not much going on right now; the cold is really putting a damper on my enthusiasm for going outside and all DH can do is ... NOTHING ~ LOL!

GEE, CAROL ~ want some puppies???

Have a nice day everyone! ROSEBUD
Old 10-15-2007, 08:51 PM   #14  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Carol - I love goldens! Our last two dogs have been golden mixes. They are just so cute, and puppy (forever), and hairy!!! I can't go anywhere without taking a lb of gold hair with me!

ROSEBUD - our weather is the same - summer, then winter - no fall at all! BRRRR!!!! My DH is the same - can't seem to understand that at 50, he can't do what he did when he was 20 - LOL Oh, and most importantly - belated birthday wishes!!!!

Shy - I wish I had the ambition to get my yard work done! I have some bushes that I need to transplant before it snows. And then there are all of those pesky leaves. Good for you getting out before the weather turns really nasty!

Prayers continue for Scott, and Jim and the housing situations!

It was hard to go back to work today, but I tried to keep my spirits up and pray for patience as a week's worth of problems unfolded via email and phone messages. It really helps to keep my mp3 player going with great Christian music in the background. It helps keep me rooted and focused on what is important - and thus not get stressed out about little problems that can get blown out of proportion so easily. What others see as a crisis, I usually only see as a minor inconvenience. When you consider what really matters in life ...

I hope everyone had a good Monday, and that you have seen God's blessings and presence throughout your day!

Last edited by CountingDown; 10-15-2007 at 08:53 PM.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:00 PM   #15  
Rosebud

SHY ~ we have 32F right now (just before 9 p.m.); and today we had almost a steady 44F. We have had these temps all last week and on the weekend as well; not common for here. Our falls usually range close to what you are getting in the 50's and 60's, with the occasionally 70F ...

UPDATE ~ I forgot to mention earlier cuz I was waitin' til DH got back from the hospital, so he could see it with his own eyes, that I woke up this morning and my leg was completely healed; and I mean, totally! Before I went to bed last night, I prayed, "Lord, all I want for my birthday this year is good health!"

I couldn't wait to show DH when he got home; he says people won't believe it unless they saw it; but last night when I went to bed my leg was dark purple (almost black); and today ~ nothing! It looks smooth and the same as the rest of my leg and DH concurs that all you can see is a faint outline of where the scrape was (about the size of a quarter)! I keep staring at it; cuz it is almost unbelievable ...

I had been so concerned about this bad scrape, becuz it was taking so long to heal; and the next morning after I finished all the meds, it is gone like it was never there in the first place. We serve an awesome GOD people; oh, how I wish I had taken pictures now.

EDIT ~ thanx for all the birthday wishes too!

COUNTING ~ you posted when I was editing. Yes, my DH is 60 y/o and wants to think he is still 20 y/o. He says the anti-inflammitory meds are helping a lot.

Thanx for all the prayers that went up, becuz they were obviously heard; and we have to give Him all the glory and praise! ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-15-2007 at 09:12 PM.