Old 10-22-2007, 09:12 PM   #46  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Gary - we will definitely keep the fire situation in prayer. I hope you enjoy having your unexpected "company".

Rennie - thanks for posting the pictures! Especially the penguins. I LOVE penguins. The zoo is such a great place to get in a walk.

Carol -thanks for posting an update on the puppies. I bet they are absolutely adorable!

Lori - will keep AJ in prayer. 10 year-olds can be so precocious!

Karen - you can keep the snow! It will be here in Michigan before long. Last year we had a foot by now!

Synergy - hi back! Glad you came back and posted

Rosebud - keeping your DH in prayer as well. I know the pain and inconvenience only too well! I'm sure he appreciates all the help you are giving him!

bargoo - Hang in there! Hopefully, you will have your results soon. We are keeping you in prayer too!

Things here are going well! More church office manager interviews tomorrow evening. Thanks to all that are keeping the situation in prayer.

Blessings to all, I hope you have a wonderful evening and Tuesday!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:10 PM   #47  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HELLO EVERYONE ~ just checkin' in ...

Thanks for all your prayers and concerns for DH; much appreciated. Had a good day; made a large batch of homemade Vegetable Soup Base and put it in the freezer in small containers; so handy.

GARY ~ so sorry to hear about all those fires in California; will definitely pray that some of our rain comes down there to put them out; you need it more than us.

Right now, our town is being hit by massive closings and lay-offs at three of our major employers; many are very concerned about the future. DH and I are so fortunate that we aren't directly affected, but we are praying very hard for those families that are, as we know many of them (as it's a small town). It seems there are troubles everywhere these days; but we must keep our faith in GOD to get us all thru them ...

SYNERGY ~ nice to see you again.

Seems we aren't the only ones to be blessed with the *** white stuff *** in October this year; but, snow is good for Colorado for the skiing season. I remember seeing TV shows about Christmas in Colorado ...

MOM ~ sorry you are having investment/house problems. Sounds like AJ is learning to express himself quite well; could he be a tad bored at school right now? I have known children to act out for that very reason ... prayers that everything works out for you and your family!

HELLO TO EVERYONE ELSE; hope all is well ...

Take good care; your fellow encourager ROSEBUD ^PRAYERS^ are ascending for YOU and YOURS!
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:19 PM   #48  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Full house right now...just finished dinner...ordered pizza, which is not on MY PLAN...but hey...I ate like a champ!

We have added for the night...1 son ~ 1 daughter in law and her 3 fish ~ 1 ex-sister in law and her white german shepard....Angie's car is in the driveway daughter in laws car is in the garage....wouldn't have it any other way....
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:14 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

Hey Gary!
How are your beautiful Goldens getting along with the German Shepherd?
Extra people can be fun unless they stay for 9 months!! My brother, sister-in-law and their 3 kids lived with us for 9 months about 10 years ago. OMIGOSH! What an experience!! I'll just leave it at that!!
Lori
mom2fivesweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:58 PM   #50  

Default Hi there!

Wilma- congrats down 5 lbs way to go!!!
Rosebud- Thanks!- Fresh veggies sound awesome...
Shy-Glad you were able to enjoy the zoo- cute pics- nice thought keeping e.z. busy so he wouldn't have to watch those horrible boring games
Synergy- welcome!!!
Countingdown- way to go staying strong!!!
E.Z.- Thanks!!!! Prayers continue for Jeff and scott! For all those impacted by the fires, and for good fellowship w/ family and extended family...
BaRGOO- PRAYERS for MRI results!!!
Karen- brr- 25 snow will be here soon probably but today was beautiful hit almost 80
Lori -continued prayers for you and yours that God will bless you with all you do!!

Blessing to everyone else gotta work days so gotta be up and out at 7am have an awesome day!!
I had a great time with my niece and the days off now working till tues. next week.. try to pop in...Jim still at sunnyview rehab, there is a hold-up waiting for a bed to open, then he will transfer to Boston, please continue prayers as continues to not get the amount of re-hab he needs as he is on a transfer list so they cut him way back... catch ya later have an awesome day!!!!
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:14 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello Everyone,
I thought that I would share a couple pictures that I took today. The first one is Pikes Peak taken from our front porch. The whole mountain range is covered in snow and will probably remain white now until next Spring. The other picture of the deer is taken from my laundry room looking out back. After 5 inches of snow yesterday that is all we have left on the ground today. Pretty amazing! When I got up this morning it was 2 degrees and our high temperature made it all the way to 35!

Still saying lots of prayers for all the people effected by the fires. So many homes lost. I pray that the winds will slow down and they can get these fires under control.

Take care everyone and stay safe.

Last edited by Karen31; 03-17-2008 at 06:44 PM.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:08 AM   #52  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

All is as well as can be here. House covered in ashes...hard to breath. 325,000 folks evacuateed so far...fire nearest my son's place is moving away from it. we are all safe...

Lori Reba has had a couple of "dominate" issues with the shephard....the shepard wants ALL my attention...which is exactly what Reba wants. But pretty good really...so far...
Old 10-23-2007, 05:31 PM   #53  

Default Hi!

Nice pics Karen, good job shy! continued prayers E.Z. catch ya later!
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:30 PM   #54  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Still doing fine ~ house is getting more guests ~ everyone wants to join the evacuee party! A lot of smoke and ashes...but we are all still safe...daughter and son in law here now and a couple of nieces....later....and thanks for the prayers!
Old 10-23-2007, 08:39 PM   #55  
Quit counting at 45!

Gary: We're hearing a lot about the fires up here in Canada too. Everyone involved is in our prayers. Glad to hear you and yours are safe.
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:01 PM   #56  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Just a quick pop-in. I read everyone's posts and will keep the prayers ascending. Especially for those in southern CA. I just got home from the church office manager interviews. We made a selection. Thanks everyone for your prayers.
Blessings to all!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:21 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Continue to pray for southern California, my grandson, his girlfriend, her brother and mother have been evacuated, all are safe but Daniele expects to lose her Rancho Bernardo home.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 09:49 AM   #58  

Gary, Did your guests lose their homes? It sounds awful there. Praying for you all. Discussing weight loss seems kind of trivial when things like this are happening. But you seem pretty calm about it, Gary. Has this happened before?
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 06:00 PM   #59  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS ~

FIRE UP-DATE ~We are all fine. The fires are all around us but we are still in no danger from them....as long as the wids do as expected. They did change last night and sent a lot of folks packing that were safe before. Last count there was one million people displaced from all the fires in southern California.

The fire that evacuated my kids and sister in law, has moved a little closer because of the winds last night, but that is controled now and it is burning away from them again. They are still "mandatory evacuated" here for now. Still having fun with family but we are all stir crazy...we can't go out to walk, not supposed to be on the road if at all possible, keeping water and energy use down, etc.

There is still a lot of smoke and ash, actually much more than before, as the fires get closer. It is hot here because of the santa ana winds but we are supposed to leave the air conditioning off because of the power usage.

CAROL ~There really is nothing I can do about it...so why worry. NOW! if I was one of the evacuees not knowing if my house was still standing...I am sure I would be worried. Yes, this has happened before, several times in our area....but never of this magnitude. Weight loss is not trivial....we all have issues at different times in our lives that might make it seem that way....but God creates us with many interests and talents...it's all about balance. This site has been AWESOME in helping people! Nothing trivial about that!

BARGOO ~They are allowing people back into Rancho Bernardo, at least to view damage, if she hasn't lost it yet, she should be fine.

LAURIE ~I am glad you made the selection, doesn't sound like it was easy.

RENNIE ~Love the pics.

KAREN ~Ditto.

WILMA ~Weigh in today for me was 174.4....without looking I think that is what I was last week. OK...I had to go look it up...I have been at 174 for 2 weeks now...I was down to 172 twice...oh well...not complaining!

AUNT SUE ~Prayers for Jim and the new rehab.

LORI ~A few minor issues with the mutts but nothing serious! How is it going with AJ.?

ROSEBUD ~I will pray for the "economy" in your area.

SYNERGY ~Hello.

A BIG thank-you for all your prayers!

I will check in later! My prayers are with you all!
Old 10-24-2007, 09:25 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

GOOD NEWS FROM SO CAL

My grandson was able to get back to his home in San Diego today, no problems there and his girlfriend returned to her Ranch Bernardo home to find the fire had missed her place, Praise God! Thank you all for your prayers.

Barbara
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote