Old 11-20-2016, 06:32 AM   #346  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Copied from Crosswalk Devotional for Dieters

November 20

1 Thessalonians 5:16
Rejoice evermore.

Fran remembered a time not long ago when she had nothing to smile about. She used to watch other women walk along, and bitter jealousy tore her up inside. She would fly into fits of rage and crying. She hated the way she looked, and she hated other women for looking so good. Her disposition was lousy, and her heart was broken. One Sunday she went to church, and while sitting there, she realized she was at peace. She closed her eyes and prayed, and she felt a voice tell her to change, to do something about her ap-pearance. The impression was so strong that she went home immediately to plan a diet. From that time forward, she never wavered, and now she looked back in amazement. Seventy-five pounds lost, and joy filled the void they left.

Today's thought: Happiness increases as my weight problem ceases!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 08:01 AM   #347  
Trying to live below 200

November 21

Lamentations 3:55-56
I called upon they name, O Lord, out of the low dungeon. Thou hast heard my voice: hide not thine ear at my breathing, at my cry.

The dream was so real. Lew was standing in front of an old house where he could hear a witch cackling in the distance. He knew she was after him, but there was no place to hide. She flew around the corner of the house and touched his arm. At once he began to gain weight. Pound by pound mounted up, until he was a blob of flesh. He couldn't move, and the weight just kept coming. He became a prisoner within a mountainous body. He cried for help, and the clouds parted. A shaft of light came down, and the flesh began to melt. A gentle breeze blew, and Lew knew everything would be all right. When morning came, Lew vowed to lose the pounds he'd unnecessarily put on lately.

Today's thought: From my fleshy prison, I have arisen!
Old 11-22-2016, 07:24 AM   #348  
Trying to live below 200

November 22

Psalm 147:1, 3
Praise ye the Lord: for it is good to sing praises unto our God; for it is pleasant; and praise is comely. He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.

It was more than a diet. For Gary, it was his sanity. He had been obsessed by his weight. He had lived the past three years in a deep and terrible depression. When he was at his lowest, God broke through to him. God turned Gary's life around. He finally began losing weight, and his state of mind improved dramatically. The light of God tore through his darkness with a beautiful healing warmth. Gary was healed of his physical affliction as well as the demon of depression that haunted him. God truly has the power to heal His children. No matter what the problem might be, take it to the Lord.

Today's thought: My diet affects more than just my body; it affects my heart and mind, as well!
Old 11-23-2016, 07:58 AM   #349  
Trying to live below 200

November 23

Matthew 13:45-46
'Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.'

A diet that worked! It wasn't anything fancy. It wasn't anything expensive. It didn't involve equipment or special treatments. In fact, it was a diet that anyone could do. Sally sat and talked with her pastor for about an hour, and he helped her see why she should diet for her own good, as well as for God. Her pastor has been a support for her ever since, and she has included God every step of the way. She feels stronger than ever before. It is like finding a treasure. She was so excited and so thankful. God has given her something that no one else can: a better figure and a deep, abiding joy.

Today's thought: My weight will be lost, no matter the cost!
Old 11-24-2016, 07:33 AM   #350  
Trying to live below 200

November 24

Matthew 2:10
When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.

The star was the sign to the wise men that they were near their journey's end. They had followed the signs of the times, and they had been led toward Bethlehem. The star shone its light on their way, and they came to the Christ child. As we diet, we can follow the light of Christ in our own lives. Christ shines His light on us to remind us of all we can be. His strength supports us along the way, and we come to possess His joy as we succeed in our quest. Nothing can keep the light of Christ from us, and, with Christ's help, nothing can keep us from losing weight.

Today's thought: If God can lead travelers to the east to find Jesus, then he can lead me to a slimmer, trimmer me!
Old 11-25-2016, 08:06 AM   #351  
Trying to live below 200

November 25

Jonah 3:10
And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.

Kent was devastated. The police review board had said he would be relieved of active duty if he didn't take off twenty pounds. He was a good cop. How could a few pounds make that much difference? Being a policeman was the most important thing in his life. If losing weight was what was required, then that's what he would do; no two ways about it. God wants us to do whatever it takes to take care of ourselves. When we do what is right, we escape the bad consequences that come along. Kent knew what he had to do, and he did it. We know what we need to do, and with God's help we, too, will succeed.

Today's thought: It's always a good idea to do what is pleasing to God!
Old 11-26-2016, 08:49 AM   #352  
Trying to live below 200

November 26

Exodus 15:1
Then sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto the Lord, and spake, saying, 'I will sing unto the Lord, for he hath triumphed gloriously: the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea.'

The children of Israel were pursued by a great army as they came to the Red Sea. The Lord opened their way for them, then closed it up behind them, washing away the fighting force of Egypt. Moses and his followers were delivered, and the power of God was proven once more. When we are oppressed by obesity, we can also call upon the Savior of Israel for salvation. The God who led His people out of captivity in Egypt will also lead His children of today out of captivity to fat. How can we doubt the power of God? With His help, all things are possible, if we will only believe.

Today's thought: I'm breaking free from a body of fat!
Old 11-27-2016, 07:33 AM   #353  
Trying to live below 200

November 27

Luke 15:7
'I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and the nine just persons, which need no repentance.'

Les dreaded Thanksgiving. He loved his family and friends, and he liked the parades and the football, and he even appreciated the day off from work, but he knew there would be so much tempting food that he wasn't supposed to have. It made him sick to think of all the wonderful things he would have to say no to. He walked up the front sidewalk and rang the bell. He was met by a dozen people who immediately went into raves over how great he looked. He was the topic of conversation the entire day. It wasn't so bad, after all. With everyone complimenting him he found he had more strength than ever to turn down fattening food.

Today's thought: God will send strength through family and friends!
Old 11-28-2016, 07:59 AM   #354  
Trying to live below 200

November 28

Genesis 1:31
And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

One thing that makes dieting so hard is that what we have to give up is so good. We have found ways to make foods into so many wonderful concoctions. It would be a lot easier to give up certain foods if they were drab and boring. Yet, variety is a true gift from God. We are given special treats to enjoy, but not to overindulge in. Gluttony robs life of its special treats. When we have whatever we want whenever we want it, then nothing is special anymore. If we will practice discipline and self-restraint, then we can treat ourselves to rich, luscious foods without worry of what they will do to us. That way, we come to enjoy treats the way God meant us to enjoy them.

Today's thought: When I indulge too much, I bulge too much!
Old 11-29-2016, 09:33 AM   #355  
Trying to live below 200

November 29

John 16:22
'And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.'

It was very weird, but Linda sort of missed her diet. She had made some really good friends in her weight-loss group, and she had gotten used to the routine. If anyone would have told her a few months ago that she would miss dieting, she would have said they were crazy. What was there to miss? She had freedom to eat more of what she wanted to now, and she didn't have to be self-conscious. Linda really believed that God had given her new friends and experiences for a reason. She was so thankful that she had been able to lose weight the way she did, with the people she did. Maybe now she could go back and be a help to others.

Today's thought: On days when I can't help myself, maybe I can help others!

Last edited by Diana3271; 11-30-2016 at 07:52 AM.
Old 11-30-2016, 07:52 AM   #356  
Trying to live below 200

November 30

Psalm 150:6
Let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord.

The battle wasn't won yet, but Henry felt it was close. He looked better, felt better, and had a more positive attitude. Life was so much more fun, now that he was thinner. All the really hard times were behind him, and he felt his future was pretty bright. God had certainly been good to him. Every day, Henry took time out to thank God for all He had done. Henry didn't know what he'd done to deserve such great blessings, but he wasn't going to question it too much. With God's help, he had been able to do what he could never do before: lose weight!

Today's thought: God's helping me be both lighter of body and lighter of spirit!
Old 12-01-2016, 07:53 AM   #357  
Trying to live below 200

December 1

Romans 8:37
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

Everyone was impressed with Annette's confidence. One day she announced that she was going on a diet, and she did just that. Over the course of the next few months, people watched the wondrous transformation take place. She had set her mind toward losing weight, and nothing even slowed her down. Such strength of conviction was a great inspiration for her friends. God loves it when we stand up for something and will not be swayed. Whether it be a matter of faith or just of personal conviction, we are being true to our Creator when we triumph. Victory comes to those who walk in confidence.

Today's thought: Without a doubt, fatness is out!
Old 12-02-2016, 06:33 AM   #358  
Trying to live below 200

December 2

Philippians 3:14
I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

When he was young. Luke always came in last. He was never more than an average student; he had never succeeded much in anything he had done. That all changed when he decided to lose weight. He realized that much of his problem was a lousy self-image. He knew he could succeed, even if no one else believed it. He would prove it to himself, if nothing else. His pastor had given a sermon called, 'Be everything you can be,' and Luke was going to give it a shot. God didn't create losers. With God's help, Luke knew he could win. Nothing would stop him now. At long last, Luke was on the road to victory.

Today's thought: I will try to keep my sight on what I want to be soon!
Old 12-03-2016, 07:41 AM   #359  
Trying to live below 200

December 3

1 John 5:4
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

Sammy was tired of making excuses. He was tired of being dishonest with himself and his friends. He needed to lose weight, and he needed plenty of help to do it. He was considered a strong member of his church, but he didn't even have enough faith or conviction to take off a few pounds. He felt like a hypocrite. Surely, the God who had given him so much strength in other areas of his life could help him lose weight. Christ had conquered so very much. Sammy felt he ought to be able to conquer so very little. Prayer-fully, he began a journey toward fitness, assured of the victory through his faith in Christ.

Today's thought: A heart full of Christ is more important than a plate full of food!
Old 12-04-2016, 06:36 AM   #360  
Trying to live below 200

December 4

Hebrews 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Betty liked having people around. When others watched her, she was more likely to behave herself and stay on her diet. She felt guilty if anyone caught her cheating. A little guilt was a good thing for someone trying to lose weight. When she was alone, she didn't feel nearly as guilty. If she was ever going to lose weight, she was going to have to make sure there were people around. We ought to remember that no matter what we do, God is watching. He can help us on to victory if we will keep in mind that He is ever with us, to act as our conscience when we need Him to.

Today's thought: I hope my conscience is stronger than my appetite!