Old 12-21-2016, 07:33 AM   #376  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Copied from Crosswalk Devotional for Dieters

December 21

2 Corinthians 2:14
Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

Rose was hoping for some miracle to appear in her Christmas stocking. Another year was almost gone, and she hadn't lost any weight. Each year she swore things would be different, but nothing ever changed. Rose just didn't have any commitment at all. She knew no one would lose the weight for her, but she kept hoping it would melt away on its own. Dreaming won't make our weight disappear. We need to take positive steps on our own. However, we have God to help us. He will carry us when we are too weak to continue, and He will encourage us when we feel depressed and hopeless. God offers us victory in the face of failure. Accept God's help, and a miracle will indeed happen.

Today's thought: I know what I need to do to lose weight, and with God's help I will do it!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 07:58 AM   #377  
Trying to live below 200

December 22

Philippians 3:13
Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before.

Wendy had a hard time putting her past behind her. Christmas had been torture for her as a child. Everyone would talk about 'poor' Wendy, who was fat and awkward. Everyone always picked on her, and they never let her eat the things she wanted. Every single person had some sage bit of advice for her. Even though things had changed a lot in the past couple of years, she still dreaded the holidays. She was trim and svelte, and no one could do anything but admire her, and still it was hard. Old demons die hard. Dieting requires much more than physical transformation. It also calls for emotional healing, and the one sure source for that is God.

Today's thought: The past is fast fading away. I'm headed for a trimmer me!
Old 12-23-2016, 08:15 AM   #378  
Trying to live below 200

December 23

Colossians 1:13
Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son.

Christmas was going to be extra fun this year. Lois hadn't told anyone that she had lost a good deal of weight. More than that, she had been so depressed by her weight problem in the past that she hadn't been much fun to be around. She felt so much better about herself, and she definitely felt better about the holidays. Her life had been lived in the darkness of depression, but the light of God had broken through, much like the star of Bethlehem broke through the Jerusalem sky two thousand years before. The wise men had found the baby Jesus by following its light, and Lois had found a new life of her own, led by the very same saving light of God.

Today's thought: The lightness of my body is due to the light of Christ!
Old 12-24-2016, 07:52 AM   #379  
Trying to live below 200

December 24

2 Thessalonians 3:5
And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.

Nancy sat in the warm glow of the firelight, looking at the sparkle of the Christmas tree. What was it like that very first Christmas morn? What must Mary and Joseph have been feeling? Imagine the anticipation and wonder. Nancy's mind wandered to the fact that she had lost so much weight through the year. Suddenly, she was embarrassed by a thought. She had thought her diet was so important; she had been so impatient trying to lose weight. Compared with the magic and wonder of this night, and all that it meant, her diet seemed pretty insignificant. She owed everything she had and everything she was to Jesus Christ. It was a joy to welcome Him into her heart once again this blessed Christmas Eve.

Today's thought: The day-to-day gifts of God pale in comparison with His greatest gift: His Son, Jesus the Christ!
Old 12-25-2016, 07:31 AM   #380  
Trying to live below 200

December 25

1 John 4:10
Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

God has given all to make us happy. He has blessed us with a beautiful world, a wonderful life, and many opportunities for fulfillment and joy. He asks that we respect His gifts and endeavor to be the best people we can possibly be. To help us, He sent His only Son to come into this world as an example. We can know God's desire for us through His Son. Not only did His Son come as an example, but as a Savior, to allow us to be reconciled with our God. All that we have received is from God. On this glorious Christmas morn, make a gift of your life to God. Give Him the only thing that truly matters: You!

Today's thought: If I can in any way be used, help me bring about peace on earth and goodwill to all God's children!
Old 12-26-2016, 07:12 AM   #381  
Trying to live below 200

2 Corinthians 4:17
For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory.

The army had been good for Stan. When he was younger, he was completely undisciplined. The army had taken care of that. He had to work his tail off to get into good shape, but it was worth it. The short period of affliction he suffered through helped him in so many other ways. The folks back home couldn't believe the change they saw while he was home for the holidays. God disciplines His children on occasion because He knows the lasting lessons we need to learn. Diets help us grow in maturity and fitness for the kingdom of God.

Today's thought: A gain in discipline means a loss in weight!
Old 12-27-2016, 11:08 AM   #382  
Trying to live below 200

December 27

Revelation 2:17
'He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.'

Donna thanked God for giving her a whole new life. Losing the weight had only been part of it. Donna had fervently prayed for transformation, but she never bargained for all that God would do for her. Her attitude was transformed from one of doom to one of hope. Her appearance was transformed from one of dumpiness to one of beauty. Her emotional stability had been transformed from one of teetering on the brink to solid rock. She couldn't believe it, but she was a totally different person than she had been a year before. The God of miracles and life had certainly worked in Donna's life. He's available to work in ours, also.

Today's thought: With God's help I will lose weight, lose hate, and lose my desire to denigrate!
Old 12-28-2016, 09:01 AM   #383  
Trying to live below 200

December 28

1 John 5:5
Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

Burt couldn't help but rub it in. Terry had claimed to have found the diet breakthrough of the century. He lost seven pounds. Greg got hold of some miracle pills, and he lost eleven pounds. Craig had mortgaged his house to buy a membership in a health club. He managed to lose fourteen pounds. Burt had simply told his friends he was going to lose weight on the Jesus plan. Whenever he got hun-gry between meals, he was going to go off and read the Gospels. They had all laughed long and hard at him, but he who laughs last, laughs best. Twenty-eight pounds had dropped because of the Jesus plan. There's nothing like it.

Today's thought: God can do for me what nothing on earth can!
Old 12-29-2016, 09:57 AM   #384  
Trying to live below 200

December 29

Matthew 4:11
Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

Victory! Steve felt he'd really run the good race. No matter how great the temptations had gotten lately, he had been able to withstand them. Christ was pulling him through the roughest times yet. Each time he beat back the temptations, he felt better than ever. It was as if God was rewarding him by making him feel so good. The pounds were coming off, and it was actually beginning to get easy. Steve never thought he'd come to say that. Steve was convinced. If God could make a diet tolerable, then God really could do anything!

Today's thought: I will not take part in devil's food!
Old 12-30-2016, 08:01 AM   #385  
Trying to live below 200

December 30

1 Corinthians 10:31
Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

Leah remembered the question her pastor had asked, 'What do you think God wants you to eat?' At first, it had seemed like a silly question, but the more Leah thought about it, the more she realized there really wasn't any food God didn't want to let her have. It was the quantities and frequency of consumption that Leah realized God would disapprove of. Moderation in everything was the rule she needed to follow. She felt so much better. Her diet didn't need to be a lot of heavy sacrifices. All she needed to do was develop some self-control, and with God's help, she would.

Today's thought: Let my eating and drinking offend no one, especially God!
Old 12-31-2016, 08:12 AM   #386  
Trying to live below 200

December 31

Ecclesiastes 9:7
Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works.

There will come a day when the diet is truly over. We must endure until that day with a strong spirit and an earnest desire to please the Lord. We have been blessed with much, and in some cases, too much. God has been good to give, and He will be equally good to help take away. Remember the Lord every step of your diet. Call upon Him for strength, for comfort, for hope, and for courage. He will hear you, and He will be sure to answer you. In time, you will come to that day, not too distant, when you can eat your bread with joy and without guilt, drink and make merry, and stand confident and proud that you have indeed glorified your Lord.

Today's thought: I will be a conqueror, through the mighty love of God.