Old 05-01-2007, 01:57 PM   #1  
Too Busy to Breathe

S/C/G: 183/164/143

Height: 5' 6"

Default Catholics losing weight - Tuesday

I saw a few Catholic women on here but they're posts were old so I'm starting a new thread for us.

I'm feeling a bit under the weather, both physically (dealing with a bad cold) and emotionally. Maybe the two are related, but my writing (I'm a romance novelist) career seems to be stalled, the home business I started seems to be stalled and my weight loss journey stalled months ago.

Just wondering if there is anyone out there listening.
romancechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:16 PM   #2  
glittergirl

Height: 5'1

Hello!! I'm listening... but I'm Presbyterian!!!! Sounds like you just need a pick me up!! Tomorrow's another day. Make a plan, write it down and stick with it! Look at the progress you made and do it again! Best of luck, we've all been in a rut but things will get better if you focus and set your mind to it. Be mindful of each thing and things will be looking up!!
glittergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:23 AM   #3  
one sexy science teacher

S/C/G: 231/194/130

Height: 5'5"

Hello my fellow Catholic! Just saying hi. I'm here for support whenever you need it!

lena
haeyu14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 02:53 PM   #4  
God's Girl

S/C/G: 250/250/170

Height: 5'8"

Talking Just beginning

Love that you started a Catholic thread. I am a parish youth minister, constantly around teens and junk food. Needless to say that is not beneficial in losing the weight. I am beginning again today. Step one-I am going to write down what I am eating. No changes yet. I just want to see what has been going in my mouth. None of my summer clothes from last year fit, so apparently a lot more has been going in my mouth than I realized. I will pray for you Romancechick! Please send a few my way.

Willshottie

Last edited by Willshottie; 05-06-2007 at 03:02 PM.
Willshottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:37 PM   #5  
Too Busy to Breathe

Consider yourself prayed for, Willshottie!

I weighed in today and it wasn't good. Up a pound. I know that I wasn't on program, so this week I'm going to try harder. I stayed on course today and even went to the Y and did 65 minutes on the elipical! I'm going to kick butt next weigh in!
Old 11-05-2007, 06:52 PM   #6  
Too Busy to Breathe

Okay, it's been a while since I posted.

I've started a weight loss blog at weightloss.dreamhost.com where you can read about my challenges.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Another Catholic here. I'm returning after a huge fall a few months ago. I've picked myself up and have been doing well for a few weeks. Well enough that I can show my face with the belief that I'll be here for awhile.
missy3gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 09:29 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 252/252/150

Height: 5'7

Wink Catholic girl

Good to see a Catholic thread. I'm week one in the Atkins WOE. Even though I'm on induction I still plan on receiving Communion! Any carbs within the body and blood of Christ can do no harm.
LiLiMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 09:55 PM   #9  
How Bad do you want it?

S/C/G: 140/135.5/120

Height: 5'1"

O COOL! Catholics!!! Count me in!!!

I have been thinking about dieting in a Catholic context: anyone familiar with Fr. Dubay's "Deep Conversion/Deep Prayer"? He talks about overeating as one of those venial sins that we don't bother to rid ourselves of. I've notice that people have a strong reaction to that statement, but it interest me. What do you all think?

Willsh: I got your number! We have a Coffee and Donut hour after Sunday Mass at our Parish. I'm training myself to make it a "Coffee Only" hour! I get a cup and try to focus on the conversations and not the goodies. At Bake Sales I still support 'em, but just donate without buying.

Marie: I think you're on the right thoughtwave--I wouldn't miss Communion for anything [unless, of course, I had missed confession beforehand.....].

I just got past Thanksgiving at the MIL's and am up two pounds this morning [mostly due to the intensely salty food, I think]. I'm hoping to drop at least 5lb by the New Year...the challenges will be:

Dec8th--the Baptism of our son [whom we adopted in Guatemala last month]

Dec 25th--like the rest of us!

So what are everyone else's goals/challenges??

cuppa

Last edited by cuppajoe; 11-23-2007 at 10:08 PM.
cuppajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 05:54 PM   #10  
Expecting baby #1! 9/7/09

S/C/G: 320.2/273.2/160

Exclamation Where is everyone??

Hi I am new here and hoping to revive this thread! It's nice to see there is a Catholic thread here. What kind of plan is everyone on? I am counting calories. So far so good. I am buying a scale today so I can weight myself officially for the first time since I started. My last weigh in at the dr was not a positive experience, I am hoping this is better! Where is everyone???
blueyedlvrgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 10:13 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/140

I'm still here. I post on the 100 pound board most often, but I visit the others occasionally. Technically I'm doing Lean For Life which is low carb but allows some grains and fruit 3 times a day. It's a good diet. I have modified it by increasing the calories a few times a week. What plan are you following?
missy3gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 03:01 AM   #12  
Determined

S/C/G: 260/266/180

Height: 5'6

I'm Catholic, too!
twirlandswirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:03 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 235/228/199

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppajoe View Post
O COOL! Catholics!!! Count me in!!!

I have been thinking about dieting in a Catholic context: anyone familiar with Fr. Dubay's "Deep Conversion/Deep Prayer"? He talks about overeating as one of those venial sins that we don't bother to rid ourselves of. I've notice that people have a strong reaction to that statement, but it interest me. What do you all think?
cuppa
I think it's very clear that overeating (or gluttony) is a venial sin, and one that our culture embraces. I would say it falls under the same category as our society's total acceptance of lust. God entrusts our bodies to our care, and I, for one, have mistreated mine quite badly!

The problem, though, is that people think that overeating is all about them. People today don't like to think about how their actions might affect God, if they even believe in God. But it makes me sad to think that God's looking down at me as I fasten my belt in the second-to-last hole and wondering why I couldn't honor the body that He designed for me.
emmyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:07 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 267/260/135

Height: 5'5"

[*waves at everybody*] another Catholic here.

Quote:
God entrusts our bodies to our care, and I, for one, have mistreated mine quite badly!
Agreed. And that's why I'm feeling bad about it and hoping to change.
amy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:56 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 235/228/199

Height: 5'3

It's encouraging because we can know for certain that as long as we continue to honor our bodies, God will help us in our weight loss! Yay!
emmyroo is offline   Reply With Quote