Old 05-09-2007, 12:05 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 201/173/160

Height: 5' 3"

Okay girls - I did it. I have lurked here long enough testing the waters and checking on your successes and struggles. I signed up tonight on TLT and will be starting day one tomorrow. With 3 small children in the house this ought to be interesting, and truthfully they are one of the reasons that I have been just sitting back and reading each of your posts. BUT, I have been continually led to this forum and decided tonight to submit to God's will and begin the study. I normally have trouble sticking with a diet plan, Bible study, exercise routine, etc., so I am asking that you each pray for me to see this through to completion. Thanks in advance for the prayers.
Ellies mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:13 AM   #32  

Calling One Dana, the starter of this thread! Girls, have you noticed how quiet our Dana has gotten? Dana, where are you? Dana, we all MISS you!! -There, that ought to do it. Bet Dana will return to us in no time at all.
Gwyn you are a real hoot. Now I did say a lot in regard to the fasting but I never even thought about growing fat in my spirit in feasting on God. Now, that's good!
Yesterday was liquids day for me and I had a salad for lunch. That was not a good thing to do. It just made me hungry. Last night I made a sandwich and ate it. I am sharing this to ask if when you are on the liquids day, have you found it better to save the one meal for the evening and just drink during the day? That one was almost a disaster for me - and truly I didn't stay with the plan because I gave in with the sandwich in the evening. How are you girls getting through liq. day?
elizbennet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 07:05 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 276/270/150

Height: 5'5"

Dana has been awful quiet-I was thinking that too! I have done the liquid days and saved the meal for dinner myself-if I eat at noon instead I fear that would set me up for failure through the rest of the day. Also I did drink vegetable juice to help with feeling full rather than water--i think I drank about 3 8oz glasses.

Ellie's Mom-welcome and congratulations for joining! Keep coming back to see how the rest of us are fairing.
Tracy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 01:36 PM   #34  

Tracy - thanks for the feedback. I will not make the mistake of eating early in the day again. Yea, I like juice too. Because of the calories in juice, like you, I will limit it to two to three cups a day. The V-8 only has 70 cal. to a can and that isn't bad.
Ellies mom - Yea! I hope you just fall in love with our Jesus all over again as you go through this program. I have found it to be a wonderful tool and guide. Well, this step you have taken will be good to help you find consistency. It takes about an half hour to go straight through it. Maybe ya'll have a nap time - maybe you nap too! The thought of little ones makes me think I would be ready for a nap. Really, I do wish you God's best with your family and with this new challenge.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:00 PM   #35  

Okay Everyone, I am so proud to announce,"I DID IT!!!" Today was a true test for me. My diet plan right now it different but right now I am not letting anything into my body that God would not be proud of himself. Today at work we had a birthday party. They ordered out for lunch, hamburgers and fries (I took my own) and then they brought sheet cake and dirt pudding. Yum! I prayed before lunch that God would give me the strength to resist. (I have poor will power) I didn't have any problem at all. PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is my testimony for the day.

Ellies Mom- Welcome, I will say a prayer for you. I have 2 girls 7 and 10 and I work so it is hard to find time. I have been getting up early 5:45am so I have time before they get up. I am so proud of you for signing up. It has been great for me having a mentor to read everything. I feel like I am held accountable for what I eat and do.

Gwyn- You are such an encourager! You keep it up Girl! What would we do without you.

Hey, Everybody I say we should tell a little about ourselves so we can get to know each other better. I'll start.

My names Amy I'm happily married for 10 years. I have 2 girls, Kera 10 and Daya 7. I just turned 30. The age doesn't bother me but I started to see gray hair. I have always been bigger and taller than everyone else it seemed. Then after my two girls I gained bunches. My highest weight was 280 and I'm at 263 now but PRAISE THE LORD I'm on my way! I live in Kansas and enjoy the country small town life. I have been a christian most of my life. I had wonderful christian parents and I praise God for them. My hobbies are scrapbooking , 4 wheeling and swimming.
I can't think of everything else right now.

God's Blessing to you and yours!
Amy
amyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 07:17 PM   #36  

Nice to meet you Amy. I too have been married 10 years (11 in July). I have one daughter who just turned 10 in April. I am 37 and the age bothers me more as I see more grey hairs everyday and 40 seems to be approaching rapidly(LOL). I have struggled with my weight all of my adult life and part in my childhood. Everytime I go to the doctor he says you need to lose weight but has never given any good advice. I have always (praise God) had good health but last summer was found to have fibroids, anemia and I was told I was on the verge of becoming diabetic (I did not receive this info though until 6 months after the fact.) Now I struggle daily to be positive and keep trying. I joined a gym in the fall and lost 30 pounds in 3 months. I have kept it off except for 5 nasty pounds which creeped back and I haven't been able to shake them.
One last thing I am interested in scrapbooking as I would like to do something with the photos from our trip to Disney in Florida 2 weeks ago. But I haven't done much yet except talk to some people I know who do it. Anyway that's it for me I think. Can't wait to hear about the others. Blessings and prayers for all.
Tracy
Old 05-09-2007, 07:26 PM   #37  

Tracy- First of all Congrats on the 30 lbs. That is awesome. Don't give up! Think of all the benefits to eating right. They way out way the good food. I know, I know, easier said than done!

It sounds like we have a lot in common. Gray hairs and all! LOL! I have already noticed the 'preteen' in my 10 year old. I am constantly praying for those years.

My Dad found out he was diabetic a couple of years ago and has done well eating right. With my weight and family history I know I am high risk for diabetes. I have a friend I went to school with that just found out she has it and 30 seems really young for that.

As for scrapbooking, its fun, time consuming, expensive and can be a good witnessing tool. I have some girls from church who sb with me. Sometimes we stay up all night. . . yep and then regret it the next day! We also have great big sb parties and invite many people that don't go to church and we try to get to know them and have a great time. Disney World. . . WOW . . . one of these days! You must have some awesome photos.

Better go. Blessings to you.
Amy
Old 05-09-2007, 11:30 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 201/173/160

Height: 5' 3"

Ladies, like many of you I too have grey hairs beginning to pop out on my head. I am 35 and have been married for 10 years. I am the mother of three energetic children, 8, 5, and 1.5. They keep me busy. I teach high school English and drama, and I tutor until 4:30 two days a week. So, I often meet myself coming and going. I teach a 5th and 6th grade class at church on Wednesday nights. When I'm not teaching or chasing my kids, I enjoy reading and traveling.

So far, I have found that the best time for me to do the lesson for TLT is at night after the house has quieted down. I am still struggling to find a time to exercise, though. What kind of schedule have you worked out?
Ellies mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:14 AM   #39  

I try to get to the gym 3-4 times a week--early in the morning works best for me. I am usually one of the first there so I have my choice of equipment. I haven't been so good about the at home stuff either. I ahve lots of videos and free weights but not cardio equipment so I would like to get into the habit of doing weights at home.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:04 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 501/412/150

Height: 5'6"

My Computer is broken. I am at a public Lib. I had to come into the city and while i was here I stopped into the hospital to get weighed and I have dropped 6 more lbs since I started the Lord's Table!! I am so happy that I will be able live and serve our Father! I don't know how ofter i will be able to come and post. I sure hope they can fix my puter. I am not happy about that at all! Well i gotta go my time is up now! Love in Christ, Gwyn
Gwynditmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 05:46 PM   #41  

Ellies Mom- You sound really busy. I am a para at our Middle School and I help with 6th graders. I love those kids! I do TLT early in morning before everyone gets up. I find I am so tired by the time everyone's in bed I'm afraid I'd fall asleep.

For my exercise I walk. I try for 3 or 4 days a week. I live in the country so in the mornings I walk a little bit and then again in the evenings. I haven't done well lately because we have had rain almost everyday for the last 3 wks. Everything is all muddy and saturated. No excuse I know. I also have one of those exercise balls that I like to work with. They are kind of fun.

Gwyn- I'm so sorry about your computer. We will miss all of your fun posts. Hopefully it will be fixed soon!

WHERE IS EVERYONE ELSE AT???? I HOPE EVERYONE IS OKAY AND DOING WELL!

How has everyone been doing as far as sticking with it? How much weight have you lost?

I've been doing great! I have been tempted so many times but with God's strength have made it through. Since I started TLT I have lost 3 lbs. I'm on day 4.

Amy B.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:30 PM   #42  

Howdy Ladies,That was a nice idea you had about sharing something about each other Amy. But first things first and that is -Congrats!!! to you, Tracy and Gwyn for your wt. losses -Yea! Go Girls Go!
My user name is after the movie, Pride and Prejudice as that is my daughter's and my favorite movie to watch together. My name is Claudia and when I found 3fatchicks I had lost 32 lbs and holding. That is about 1/3 of what I'm trying to lose. Now that the Lord has led me to TLT, I hope to go on down in wt. and up is closeness to Him. I'm 56 yrs. young and will have been married to my sweetheart for 34 yrs. this July (the 16th.) I have 3 great kids. My daughter is a kindergarten teacher, married and is expecting my grandson -to be born in late Aug. My boys are attending the community college here in AL, they both work with the youth at church and both have jobs. We were a homeschooling family and really loved it. Did you mention gray hairs, LOL, I have "a few" too. Well, I have earned them and at my age I kinda think they are pretty. They are stubborn and coarse AND come in handy when I go to McDonald's and the cashier says, "Oh a senior coffee!" I just love it.
We have scrape booked over the years and had great fun with it. We are all artsie (sp?) and were always doing fun things with it. Yes, even the boys when they were younger. They have their own books they put together.
We enjoy camping, canoeing, photography, and my husband and I enjoy helping with the young children at church.
Have a great and successful evening ladies!
Old 05-12-2007, 04:57 PM   #43  

How is everyone doing with the setting captives free? I am finding it very challenging!! I almost feel like I'm being pulled in two directions at the moment. I jsut finished day 13 and am feeling like i don't know myself or what I want right now. I want to lose but I don't feel like committing (or admitting to the sin part!) It seems so harsh that all our lives we are apologizing and then we have to do that too. Maybe I'm not strong enough yet to cmoplete this . I do feel drawn everyday to it and I haven't missed a day yet. I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts--please. And pray for me to know what to do!! Thanks for hearing me out.
Tracy
Old 05-13-2007, 09:12 AM   #44  

Tracy,

You are certainly in my prayers. Don't give up! You have already lost 23 lbs. and I am so proud of you. I don't look at TLT as something I have to do. I want to do it because I want a closer walk with my Lord Jesus Christ and if this is something that is hindering my relationship with him then I need to take care of the problem or sin.

I do understand where you are coming from. I think all Christians have times in their lives where they feel like giving up. There seem to be to many rules, and we feel that we will never be righteous enough. God loves you and he knows your heart. If you need a break, take a break from TLT but not from God. Stay in his Word and keep seeking him!

If it's the diet plan part that is bothering you then try something different. I started eating superfoods along with healthy foods. I think there is a website: superfoodsrx.com I told myself I wasn't going to eat anything that doesn't please God. This week has been awesome. I have gotten to the point of not even feeling hungry and temtations are getting easier. I ate a small piece of dark chocolate (it's a superfood) very slowly and enjoyed each little nibble, and then I didn't go back for more. If you know me, that is improvement.

Hang in there. Your in my prayers.

God's Blessings,

Amy
280/260
Old 05-13-2007, 06:09 PM   #45  

Tracy, I would also like to encourage you. TLT is getting up close and personal and it points out something that's hard to swallow - our eating pattern/habits are sinful toward God. Of course you could put anything in the place of food and it would be the same - sin. The reason is we are over doing it, (I am) going to food and expecting it to comfort, me, when it cannot. I should be going to Christ for comfort. The same with exercise. If I start "living" for my time at the gym that could become sin for me, because I would be running to it, instead of running to Jesus for that high, that release of tension. I too balked at the idea when I first read about it - food +overindulging = sin. Unlike you, I have had several months to think on that and read through a book called Love to Eat/Hate to Eat by Elyse Fitspatrick, where she carefully explains and lays out this (what I do believe) truth.
I do agree with Amy that if this just isn't clicking with you now, maybe go on through the program taking time to soak in these ideas, or drop out of the program - but don't drop out on your time of seeking Christ. This program doesn't mean you are a better Christian or not by going through it. It's a tool to be used to guide you (us). I don't think you should feel any guilt if you don't agree or don't feel it's right for you now. God has a plan for each of us and His timing will guide us so that we are where we're suppose to be at any certain time. I hope that makes sense, I think it does?! Anyway, pray and ask God to lead you in/to the program you should be in now - the thing He wants to use to guide you closer to Him.