Old 02-21-2007, 09:37 PM   #106  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Me and my great nephew JET!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 08-03-2007 at 10:02 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:17 PM   #107  

Default Hi there!

E.Z.- I can see te family resemblance- he is a cutie! I had the same thing happen I get the post all ready and then go to enter it and it tells me I am not logged in and it is lost. I am now going to copy it and if I loose it I can then paste it instead of starting all over. I thank you for all the prayers, greatly appreciated. I didn't relize till then that I was still pending approval, I was thinking with all the testing that it probably was all set because I was given a surgery date. Silly me, so keep them prayers coming for approval. Have an awesome day!
Haeyu14- welcome come on back and let us know how your doing and some more about yourself, we are a friendly supportive bunch!
Laundrychick- Prayers for faith, God is my rock! Keep posting!
Wilma- can't wait for spring either prayers son does well on interview and feels better soon.
RebaR- Prayers! It is tough loosing a pastor and his family- prayers that your church finds another good man to take his place, and that the docs figure out what is going on and ya feel better soon.
I am doing great very early morning tom. so gotta run! try to post tom night.
blessings!
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 01:10 AM   #108  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Cool Praying for another good week ...

Hey Everybody ~ ~ WOW ... guess I was right; got two newbies here already. A big welcome to both Laundrychick and Haeyu14.

Yes, I had a heck of a time in the beginning too. I would forget to login or click on the "remember me" box; and would lose all my stuff too (and don't post in the quick reply box cuz that's reserved). I actually learned how to set my profile from Thinthinker (her stickie to newbies).

Click on USER CP (control panel) at the top lefthand corner. In there, you can set up your profile, put a personal picture or an avatar (you choose a picture you like). You can post in a signature message at the bottom. Thinthinker's instructions for the scales are good; or you can just put the numbers in yourself (highest weight/current weight/goal weight). Everything is optional; posting is really the main thing. In time, you'll learn the ropes.

Gary, you can see the resemblance in your great-nephew; the family is growing I see. Boy, we sure have a lot of prayer needs in this group this week. Laundrychick, will certainly pray about those tests and your faith.

Reba ... am so sorry you're having a rough time right now. DH and I are also fighting a bad flu ourselves. What are those gallbladder symptoms? (I'd be interested to know) Sometimes the docs don't know what's wrong with us. Pray that they will keep doing tests until they find out what it is. I have been sick with one ailment, which they still haven't figured out yet; it comes and goes; just so puzzling.

Well, I am 48 and that brings health changes; and I have a bad leg injury that is still trying to heal (a fracture). My doc wants me to take aft naps to rest my legs so they can heal better. I am also hoping that losing more weight will improve my situation. I think we all have problems, issues, and illnesses that we need prayers for; and I am certainly sending some up for you this week, Reba; and for your son, Wilma.

So maybe we can have prayer-swaps; I'll pray for you, and you pray for me. LOL. Thanx for the update Sue, not sure I really understand all those medi-notes, but you are indeed in my prayers too. If you keep losing weight like that, maybe you won't need surgery after all ... LOL! Just teasing ...

Well, I'd better go, cuz it's getting late; got to get to bed. Take care all ~ your fellow encourager ... Rosebud.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 12:46 PM   #109  
one sexy science teacher

S/C/G: 231/194/130

Height: 5'5"

Hi. A little about me.

I'm a teacher at a charter school in central florida. I teach 5th grade social studies and 6th grade science. I love my job but I wish I was closer to my family, who are all in Michigan. I moved to Florida because that is where God wanted me. I know He has a reason for wanting me here, and there are times (and a lot of them recently as I struggle w/ my weight loss) that I wish I could figure out what it is and complete it so I can move closer to home. I live down here w/ my many pets. I have a dog, a cat, 3 turtles, a python, an iguana, a hamster, 3 goldfish, and a tarantula. My dog, Skylar, is my baby and weight loss partner. At her last vet visit we were told she needed to lose a couple pounds, so we walk together every day.
I am catholic, and very active in my church. I'm part of the youth ministry core team and spend a lot of my weekends working with the high school aged members of my parish. I also tutor 4 nights a week to help pay the bills.
It is really encouraging to read the posts on this thread... it encourages me to be talking with such like-minded people who are struggling with some of the same challenges that I am.
haeyu14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 05:14 PM   #110  
Rosebud

Wink February...

Hello Everyone:

Glad you joined us Haeyu14. My family is Anglican on both sides, but my husband is Catholic. His priest says that Anglican and Catholic are almost the same; and I tease my husband, by saying that Anglicans are just the younger brother, so to speak. I think I have the best of both worlds, being aware of the Protestant views and learning about the Catholics thru my spouse.

Boy, you have quite a hectic schedule teaching during the day and evening. It's nice that you can come here for a break. You'd think there would be other Catholics here, but from the same state is hard to say. But, look around, you never know, as new members join every day. There are lots of interesting topics and discussions going on here too.

I know how hard it is being away from family; that's one of the main reasons I'm on the net now, so I can keep in touch with them better. I have relatives in other provinces as well.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:28 PM   #111  
Rosebud

Cool Something weird is goin' on around here ...

Hello again:

I don't know what's goin' on, but that last post, posted itself ... LOL!!! Weird or what??? As you can see, I wasn't finished and off it went. I told DH that sometimes our messages just fly away and disappear into la-la-land! LOL!
Now they are posting themselves; eerie, but cool!

Just wanted to finish off by wishing everyone a great weekend and to remind you all that you are all on my special support group prayer list, which gets its own special time with my daily devotions on Saturday mornings now.

Take care everyone, and hope our newest encouragers post more often. Your fellow encourager ... Rosebud.
Old 02-25-2007, 12:08 AM   #112  
Quit counting at 45!

Hello all!! It's a snowy wintery day here. The weather has warmed up quite a bit and that brings snow. I don't mind actually. I know that spring isn't too far away now. It'll be fun to start planning the flowers I want to buy etc.

I had a quiet day today. I had my niece and her boyfriend over last evening until noon today. My niece and I watched "The Devil Wears Prada" - really enjoyed it. Today I made Hamburger soup and did a lot of relaxing. I watched Bridget Jones's Diary this evening. I know it's an old movie but I had never seen it. Enjoyed that too. Can you tell DH is away this weekend? I am so looking forward to him being home again. That'll probably be tomorrow or Monday. He's driving the ice roads up north again so he has to drive whenever they need him.

I bought a book last weekend called "5 Factor Fitness" by Hartley Pasternak. (sp?) It gives a good guideline of mixing cardio and strength training and gives actual exercises to do. I think I'm going to try it. I have my 30 year high school reunion in July and would like to look a bit more in shape by then.

Time for bed. Good night everyone!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 01:28 PM   #113  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS ~

How is everyone today? Angie and I just got home from church. It is very nice here this morning, sunny but cool. Rain is expected later this week, we had a few rainy days this past week, but only one day with heavy down pours. Looking forward to the spring flowers coming soon. What are we planting this year Wilma?

I finished up the familyroom yesterday, some touch up on the paint and fixtures back in place ~ finally, carpet is ordered, so should be in within two weeks, just in time for Amanda's bridal shower. Still have to run electrical for lights for the shuffleboard...which I need to order by the way... but waiting for my brother on that one. We have scheduled it a couple of times been been rained or TIRED out

Angie fianlly got a dress she likes for the wedding, it is actually the same dress she wore for Ryan's except a different color. She is worried about people thinking she is wearing the same dress...I'm like "who's gonna know if you don't tell them (she will )" They are the same make but way different in colors! Seriously, do women really remember what another one wore to a wedding 6 months prior?

Work has been a little slow here, good for me as long as it's not too much, I have been able to take some time off and catch up on rest and chores. Looks pretty good for the next few months though starting this week.

WILMA~ Angie enjoyed the DEVIL WEARS PRADA and loves BRIDGET JONE'S. we were going to watch Little Miss Sunshine last night but it was all out at the video store. We watched BIG un-cut on television, another of Angie's favorite movies. Prayers for DH's safety on the icy roads...don't know how/why you people do it. Good luck on the book...oh yea! hottest mom at the 30th! ...which makes me feel old 'cause that means my 35th is this summer! OUCH!

ROSEBUD~ My wife is an ex-catholic. She was going to a presbyterian church when we met. She joined my Lutheran church before we married. Funny...NOT!...what happens to our posts sometimes. Which is really sad is that it is usually the long one that disappears!

HAEYU14 ~ You sound really busy. Your youth work sounds a lot like "our" Sue's here on this thread. My wife, son and dil are teachers too. We have two golden retrievers that drive us Welcome again!

AUNT SUE~ Sorry about the little mix up on the surgery. No worry! it will all come together, it's just that darn frustration part that...well...keeps us looking to HIM for help!! Angie talked to Lara this week ~ she is still freezing! She'll toughen up after 3 more years of it I guess...although she is already talking transfer but that is another story! Nephew is shaping up...good and bad days...always a battle with him. he has such a good heart though so it is bearable. He is just a kid that at times is 6 and other times is 14 in a 17 year old body. He can play with a 5 year old and turn around and hang out with 20 + year old friends of kids...it just makes it tough sometimes on what AGE I am dealing with...make sense? I need more patience!!

Well the kid that does my yard work is here gotta go..........

HAVE A GREAT LORD'S DAY!!!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:17 PM   #114  

Default Hi There!

Rosebud- Thanks! For being our prayer warrior! It helps prayers for you asnd hubby that your soon feeling much better and docs figure out treatment... Prayers also for leg that your pain free and it heals well and quickly..
Haeyu- Wow! Lots of pets! I am very active w/ my youth group we do aministry trip every year!! I am a youth leader for prayer meeting as well, where they meet and can have group prayer for their needs and also do a devotion and usually some kind of game, we have around 18 teens now that come every sunday and wed. They are awesome!
Wilma- Glad you got to spend some time with your niece, I know I treasure mine...and that you have a little break from the cold. Prayers hubby made it safely. Don't sweat it you look awesome for your re-union...
EZ- Thanks! So true need to let Him lead... Not always easy...Yeah! It will be getting warmer soon, March is coming but N.Y. definitely has cold winters. You have been an amazing support to your nephew and one day when he is grown He will thank you for the man you helped him become... awesome role model..
I am doing fine! weigh in again tomorow but have lost around 27 lbs which is awesome so they should file the paperwork with the insurance company tom. All Dr's apts have gone well! Got some pics to post be right back!
Old 02-25-2007, 10:23 PM   #115  

Default pics of nieces!

Kristie at an Air force dinner at Cedarville and uncle Ez- some more of our girl. She is w/ mommy ( my sister) and standing on the porch this winter.

Last edited by doitforme; 04-01-2008 at 07:05 PM.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:37 PM   #116  

Default A couple more-

Kaylee last fall and halloween and a better pic of Kristie as they were not great after they posted hope these are better.

Last edited by doitforme; 04-01-2008 at 07:08 PM.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:53 AM   #117  

Default Me again!

I checked in this morning at Doc's and I am down 22 lbs so that was pretty good. I was told 15 more pounds and my pre-surgery weight loss will be accomplished althoug I am to continue loosing until the surgery of course, but that was exciting!! I have one more pic of my niece if your sick of them yet. But proud aunt what can I say. Kristie comes home from cedarville this weekend for spring break can't wait to see her... Have an awesome day!

Last edited by doitforme; 04-01-2008 at 07:04 PM.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:57 PM   #118  
Rosebud

Talking Last week of February ... yeah!

Hi Everybody:

We had beautiful sunshine all weekend and again today ... so I went out for a walk for about 30-40 minutes. Just had to catch some of those rays and assimilate some of that vitamin D. LOL!

Late week stayed on plan and am starting the week out well. I have been doing those healing naps for the doc; DH has been reminding me. He just went for a wee spin on his skidoo to check it out. We do that with the car often as well; just start it up for a few minutes on those days when we're not using it. He says it helps the engine or something like that.

Having shepherd's pie (no crust) for dinner tonight; making it from the leftovers from our Sunday roast beef dinner; DH loves shepherd's pie, but then who doesn't, right? Our February has been slow this year; only going to town for groceries this week (we live in the country). But as soon as that snow starts to melt, we're out-a-here! LOL!

Sue ... that's funny you should call me a prayer warrior, as I have a verse about that in the front of my promise & prayer journal; and those are lovely pics of both your pretty nieces. I have many nieces and nephews + some great ones too. I had a ball spoiling them over the years; that's what aunties are for, I think.

Gary ... hope work starts up for you soon; and Wilma praying for your DH to make it home safely, as well. Well, that's all for now, DH is back and have to go top the pie with mash. Take care all ~ your fellow encourager, and newly designated prayer warrior ... Rosebud.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:34 AM   #119  

Default Thanks!

For all your prayers and support! I got my letter for insurance approval today. I have 15 more pounds to loose then I will be set as long as all tests come back good. I have to continue with medifast till the surgery but pray they will move the date of that up as well so I am not stuck healing in the good part of summer July! So new prayer request that the date moves up sooner... Thanks again but time for bed so gotta go. luv ya's
Old 02-27-2007, 08:59 PM   #120  
Rosebud

Cool Hi everyone ...

GARY ... I see on the main message board that today's your birthday; the big 53, I think. Remember ~ you may be older today than you've ever been before, but you're younger than you will ever be again!

Sue's having her own celebration for approval from the insurance; so I guess it's a go for sure now. She wants prayer for an earlier date, so we'll send that request along and then leave it up to the big guy in the sky. Did I mention that I'm a poet? Yah, sometimes ... LOL!

Anyways not much going on here; just wanted to check in. Am staying OP; happy about that; did some hand weights and indoor walking today. Tomorrow, we take a day trip to town for shopping, lunch out, and then come home and collapse ~ LOL. DH says it must be our age, or something.

Got fab news last night; one of my nephew's just had a baby boy on Saturday; my big bro is an elated grand-dad and the baby even looks like him too. So our family is growing too; I love that cuz his grandma had just past away and DH says now one came back to fill in the space. Cute.

Just did housework and laundry this morning; but we had another beautiful, sunny day and tomorrow is supposed to be the same. Gee, we haven't heard from our newest encouragers, but I've met some new members on the main message board the last few days. They are coming in droves ~ LOL!!!

See ya in a couple of days ~ your fellow encourager ~ Rosebud.