3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Faith Based Support Groups

Christian Encouragers #216

Old 01-23-2007, 03:15 AM   #46
VikkiMomof6

S/C/G: 276/276/175

Height: 5ft 8in

Hey everyone!!
I'm new here.......am 276 & haven't really started losing yet. My daughters & doggies will be my walking partners, we start tomorrow AM. That is if I can get up after this lovely bout of insomnia! lol
I"m so excited to find a place with Christian weightloss support! I know that with the Lord, I can do this, I can get healthy & honor Him in all I do, say, eat, etc!!!
I look forward to getting to know you all.

Hugs & Prayers,
Your sister in Christ,
Vikki in Tx.
VikkiMomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:15 PM   #47

Default yummy-

sounds yummy! E.Z. thanks suppose to be freezing next couple days so sun would be especially nice...
Welcome vicki glad you joined us.... no better walking partners, hope that you were able to get yout there.Temps in texas, must be nice..
Hi top everyone else. catch ya later...
Jesus is the bread of life! John 6:35 THANK HIM FOR HIS LOVE AND GRACE!
See ya Later<><
since 2/12/07
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:21 PM   #48
Quit counting at 45!

I had a nice long post and it got lost in cyberspace. I even had a smart remark about my bossy-ness. I'm too tired to be coherent tonight so I'll try to post tomorrow.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:03 AM   #49
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

I'm still bummed that my message disappeared. Could be I forgot to send it. I don't know!! Anyway, I made a smart comment about my being bossy. I can't believe anyone would think that of me. Just don't go near my family!! I would love to be a part of this business only if it's in a much warmer climate.

Gary: Your daughter looks lovely. She's going to look even better on her wedding day. How are you going to handle that?

DH did well at his breakfast. I knew he would but he was a bit tense about it. they made pancakes and sausage. You really can't mess that up!!

thanks for the recipe. I'm going to have to try it. I'm going to post that soup recipe very soon. I was really happy with the results.

Vikki: Welcome! This is a great bunch and you'll find lots of support here.

Sue: I'd be a bit bummed about the potential loss in pay too. Just remember that when God closes a door he opens a window.

Margie: A lot of Canadians (especially Manitobans) are going to be cheering for your bears. You see, Israel Adonje (sp) is from our fair province and he's a rookie for the bears. My son thinks that he may have played high school football against him years ago.

Time for me to leave for work. Have a great day!
Old 01-24-2007, 10:23 PM   #50

Height: 5'8.5"

Default **Super Special Prayer Request**

We are in need of a LOT of prayer so I decided to pop in here and share this. My pastor's 3 year old daughter had a seizure early Sunday morning and had stopped breathing by the time she was found. She has been in the hospital in grave condition since that time. Tests have indicated she has substantial brain damage in parts of her brain. Prognosis is unknown... there is hope that if she lives, because she is so young a lot of things may be able to be relearned over time. She has been diagnosed with Addison's Disease, which is treatable, but the "biggie" is the brain damage. We are asking God for a miracle of healing for little Annie and would appreciate any who are willing to join in with us.

Thanks so much
Sue

First major goal met 12/7/12. Next major goal ONEderland!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:00 PM   #51
Quit counting at 45!

Misti: My prayers are with Annie and her family.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:18 PM   #52

Wilma, thank you SO much ! We are all really grateful!

Old 01-25-2007, 08:20 AM   #53
Walking Off The Pounds

Thumbs up

Misti - prayers are definately with little Annie, children are so resiliant hopefully the most of this can be overcome and we know IT CAN with a miracle, we just have to keep praying and expecting. . .

By the way, 8th-10 pound goal, you're losing and it's showing, your profile pic is getting smaller, WTG and keep it up. Keep us up on Little Annie's progress too.

VikkiMom - Welcome, hope to see you around here more often. Let us know how you're doing with that walking. Several of us on this thread are walkers but unfortunately some of it is 'weather permitting' too. Keep it up, even if you don't see the results you'll know they're there with the cardiovascular benefits and good endorphines (just makes ya feel good!), besides that good time w/daughters and mutts!!

Say a special one for me too with 'The Big Guy' have a really good job opportunity coming up -- should know something by the end of next week. As always, hugs & prayers - Margie
Margie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 08:40 PM   #54

S/C/G: 280/241/150

Height: 5'5"

Misti, know that I'm praying.

Welcome to the group Vikki! hope to see you around!

Margie, praying for the job opportunity.

EZ-Sounds yummy!

Wilma- I just hate it when my posts disappear...

It's Thursday... one more day and the weekend is here...

how was your day? We had sunshine here... nip in the air but the sun out- that was a blessing. When we mentioned being able to go outside for recess, the kids cheered... we haven't been out all week with the rain. Kelli, the teacher I work with was out today. She's had a sick child and been sick herself this week... when it comes to subs, I end up teaching the class and the sub works with Madison... it's easier because I know the routine, how things are done etc... Madison cried at first this morning... but she settled down to normal!

This evening, Theresa stopped by when she got off work and we went for a walk before she headed home... my tummy is not happy at all with me right now... I sure am ready to find out what's going on...according to the nurse, my HIDA scan was normal from last week... and I sure figured I had gallstones from my symptoms...

It's Thankful Thursday:

I'm thankful for:
the Son
the sunshine
laughter of kids
hugs from kids
friends
family
each of you

What are you thankful for?

Current Goal

Overall goal

Last edited by RebaR : 01-28-2007 at 10:01 PM.
RebaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:19 PM   #55
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS ~

I was going to have a longer post tonight but Angie just reminded me that my ex-wife is coming over. Her and Angie are going to do bridal shower idea stuff and then I will sit with them on some other wedding things.

I see today is a day that we all need this thread ~ for prayers! REBA ~ I am thankful for this thread! Prayers for your tummy!

MISTI ~ Prayers for little Annie. How sad. Good seeing you again.

WILMA~ I don't think I will handle my daughter's wedding day near as well as I did my son's! I could mess up pancakes, good job for your old man! AND WE DON'T THINK OF YOU AS BOSSY! ONLY AS OUR LEADER!!

Hi Vikki.

AUNT SUE~ I am still sending sunshine, not sure what is going on! Think maybe the midwest is stealing it before it can get there! Hang in there with up-coming surgery. Prayers for you daily.

MARGIE~ Prayers for the up-coming job situation and for your BEARS on their last week before the game...my Peyton Manning shirt came yesterday!!

Now I am asking for prayers for my friend's grandaughter and daughter in law. The DIL was putting the 3 yr old girl in her car seat, in her car, that was in her driveway. A car on the street crashed into another sending it up the drive and into the DIL, which sent the baby through the back window, across the hood of the other car and into the street. The good news is both will survive and even though the baby was Life flighted to the hospital she is believed to be pretty much OK as of now. The DIL on the other hand has severe damage to her pelvis, hip and leg where the car hit her. She is in a lot of pain of course, doctors are still waiting to see how this is going to go as far as future surgeries.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:42 PM   #56
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Thumbs up Just want 2 B healthy

Hi Everybody:

I'm just new here. Have been looking around for awhile trying to find a place to fit in; and trying to figure out how everything works. It's kinda confusing for us newbies .

I am from Ontario, Canada; it's pretty cold here right now -25C. Am married for over 17 years; and we have two adorable little furry friends (that we call our babies; we pretend). Have already lost 66 lbs at my last weigh-in at the docs in December 2006. I am pretty happy with that, and I feel much better.

I wanted to join a support group because I still have a ways to go to reach my ultimate goal, which is to feel comfortable in my own skin again. To be able to do what I want and feel good while doing it (esp no pain).

I believe in the power of prayer; and my it has been my faith that brought me thus far and I know it will carry me through. My main goal is to be healthy and feel well. I am looking forward to sharing with you all; tty all again soon, luv rosebud.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 03:48 PM   #57

Hello everyone. Just wanted to say thanks to those who are praying for Annie. Good news is she is able to breathe without the tubes... which was a huge hurdle for her to cross! She is still not completely off the medications which had her in the coma (for tests and time to heal) but there are indications that she can hear and has "squeezed hands" a couple times. She moves her legs a lot, and hands are starting to catch up... and was obviously very irritated with the nurse the other night when she was caring for her... which normally would not be so great but in this case is super news! We are continuing to ask God for a miracle of healing for the substantial brain damage, and we so much appreciate everyone who joins us in prayer.

Blessings to all
Sue

Old 01-28-2007, 10:39 AM   #58
Quit counting at 45!

Good Morning!!

Misti: That is awesome news about Annie. I know it's the prayers!! It's so amazing how our bodies are made and how it can heal isn't it? Continued prayers.

Justwant: A big WELCOME to you! You are off to an amazing start. Keep it up. Keep posting!

Gary: My prayers are with your friend's DIL and granddaughter. WOW! Hard to believe something like that could happen. Do you have an update for us?

Reba: Thanks so much for the reminder to be thankful. Sometimes I get caught up in the things I feel are missing but I do have so much to be thankful for. Here's a few:

- a God who loves me despite my many failures.
- a great husband (he's very patient with bossy me!!)
- 2 sons and a DIL who love the Lord
- a great job
- a warm home (especially during this cold winter!)
- good friends (that includes this thread)

I could go on and on!!

Well, I better get going. Have a great Sunday!
-
Old 01-28-2007, 11:34 AM   #59
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS ~

I am just sitting here having a wonderful morning drinking my . Angie and I went to church last night, she had bells, so this morning we are taking it easy. I have to tear down a couple of walls later today in my "old" family room. When Angie and I got married 11+ years ago I had to enclose the family room and make it a bedroom for Ryan. We only have a 3 bedroom, which was fine for Brenda and I when we bought it, but with Angie I got a great step-daughter as a bonus! Rather than double the girls up, since they are 4 years apart in age , I just made another bedroom. with Ryan gone we can now make it the game room Angie always wanted. She has already stocked it with games and a really nice game table and chairs...only thing missing is the KIDS!!

The shuffle board court is coming together. I had guys over here yesterday putting bricks around it and working on getting the yard back in shape after the demo for the concrete work. Brother and I still need to run the electrical, when that is done all I need is $$$$$ to but the shuffleboard!
Old 01-28-2007, 11:50 AM   #60
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

OOPS! I accidently hit send...

Anyway, since these kids moved out, kid of, it is costing me a fortune trying to find ways to get them back

UP-DATE on my friends DIL and granddaughter ~ The little girl is doing well so far, still under observation, the mom is still "on hold" for her injuries on how they will proceed with surgeries. Thank you for your prayers and I will up-date when I know something more.

JUSTWANT2BHEALTHY

WILMA~ I hate to brag but right now the is out ( don't tell AUNT SUE) And I can honestly say it smeels like "spring" outside with the temperature at about 65 degrees. A beautiful morning....however...we do expect some this week. Great work on the thankful list!

Thanks for the up-date MISTI SUE!

HERE A COUPLE OF PICTURES OF ME WITH MY PEYTON MANNING SHIRT MARGIE WITH MY #1 FANS ANGIE ~ NEPHEW RON ~ REBA AND RYLEE

Last edited by EZMONEY : 08-03-2007 at 10:02 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.