Old 03-22-2007, 10:31 PM   #196  

Default Hi there!

Wilma- thanks! that has happened to me several times that is why I now pretty much make it a happy to copy it so I can paste it if I loose it. I am doing well, but I need the surgery because as soon as I go off the shakes the weight would come back. Many may consider it drastic, but I feel it is a light at the end of a very long tunnel. I have prayed about it and am comfortable with my decision so will go forward, thanks for being concerned though!
Lena- great job down to size 16 your doing well! stay positivie
Rosebud- Thanks!
Wisdom- I can sympathize as I am single too, my church family loves me no matter what my size... as far as posting we just post and talk to everyone at the same time so come back and let us know how your doing and what your up too! Welcome!!!!
Reba- glad your feeling better Thanks for your prayers!! right back at ya!! prayers your soon back to your old self...
Hi to everyone that is mia E.Z.- still praying for your niece and the kids keep us posted... Gotta run but will check in later...
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:39 AM   #197  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quick up-date on my niece...the doctor will be doing surgery on Monday afternoon at 2:30. That is all I know for now, Thank you all so much...but you already know that! That is why we are here! We know without being "posted" each day that are concerns are being prayed for!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:27 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 316.5/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Hi my name is Ally 25 married to Mike 43 for 7 years. We have 5 blessings 1sadly in Heaven due to a miscarried dec 30,99. Our kids names are Shay 6, Grace 4, Jake and Josh 3. My husband works at a christian station we live in Maine. I'm a work at home mom trying to lose weight. I've got over 100lbs to lose and want to get it off. I look forward to meeting you all.
keeperofthehome4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 01:16 PM   #199  
one sexy science teacher

S/C/G: 231/194/130

Height: 5'5"

Ally!!!! Wisdom!!!!! You've picked a great thread to join. We're all glad to be here to help you on your weight loss journey.

Gary: you and your family are most definately in my prayers. I had a scare when my ob/gyn found a lump last spring. Thankfully mine was just scar tissue from my surgery, but knowing how I felt when I was going through that I know what your niece must be feeling.

Reba: it's wonderful that you're back! remember to take it easy, but not too easy. I'm looking forward to hearing more positive updates.

All is going well-ish for me. Life has gotten stressful, but I'm finding ways to cope with out food. Like Skylar's dress! I custom ordered a dress for my puppy (who happens to be a 125 lb dane/lab mix) and it came in the mail the other day. It is so cute! And Sky loves to wear it. I'm going to have to find a way to post a pic of her. She's adorable.

Oh... today is school carnival too. I need to learn how to say "no", or at least double check about what I'm saying "yes" to. I have to be in both the dunk tank and the pie throwing booth today. Not really looking forward to that. I'm asking for trouble with it too, because when my students ask me if I'm going to be there I tell them yes, and when they ask what I'm wearing in the tank I tell them that I'm wearing what I wore to school today (jeans and a t-shirt type blouse) because I don't really think anyone will be able to hit the trigger to get me wet, they get really fired up.

Tonight is also relay for life w/ my church and tomorrow is confirmation retreat w/ my high school confirmation students... so I have a really busy weekend. The good news is I'm going to get a lot of exercise at both of those events.

Have a great weekend all and I'll talk w/ you all on monday!

lena
haeyu14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:19 PM   #200  

Default Hi there!

E.Z.- Prayers continue for both your niece and the kids for both situations
Alley- welcomecomebackand let us know how yourdoing!!!
Lena-soundslike you be getting lots of exerciseandhaving alot of fun as well. Enjoy!!!
I had greatnews the endocrinologist was the last to sign off and he did so itdefinitelyis a go. It was approved conditionally that all tests came back good and I just got results from last one today so all set. Prayers all!
Old 03-24-2007, 02:31 AM   #201  
goin' for goal!

S/C/G: 234.6/232.6/150

Height: 5'2.5"

I need advice on actually starting to lose weight, on getting through a whole day eating right, not just thinking about it or planning for it. It is absolutely necessary that I stop eating excessive sugar and that I begin to eat normal portions. Any help would be most appreciated.
fitchick2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:02 PM   #202  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS ~

Taking a few minutes before dinner to check in. Took nephew to the pizza place where the kids are meeting before the vice versa dance. Very happy right now because my UCLA BRUINS just won and are in the final four of MARCH MADNESS!

fitchick2be ~ First of all WELCOME! Second, it isn't a secret...just eat sensible meals, get up and get going. We try to make it too hard. It isn't...but to get a LOT of weight off, takes a LOT of time and effort at doing the RIGHT thing. Good luck, keep coming here for support!

AUNT SUE~ GREAT news!!! Keep the GOOD news coming!!! Prayers! and thanks for yours

LENA~ I hope you had fun at the carnival! Way to rile those kids up I hope your confirmation retreat was wonderful. Glad your scare was just that!! Keep that puppy of yours moving

off to dinner....be back soon to catch up with the rest of you!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:45 PM   #203  
Walking by faith

Default Checking In..

Hi Ally & FitChick..welcome!

Gary: Good luck to your UCLA Bruins in the Final Four My team made it too: Go Gators! Please keep us updated on your niece.

to everyone!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 01:44 AM   #204  
goin' for goal!

S/C/G: 234.6/232.6/150

Height: 5'2.5"

Thanks for the welcome!
fitchick2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:57 AM   #205  

S/C/G: 316.5/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Thanks everyone for the welcome.

FitChick~ To lose weight you have to eat less and move more. There are different diets out there that help people with this. Or you could do counting calories. For me this doesn't work only thing that is working to get my weight off is South Beach. You just have to figure out what works well with your body. Like for me I can't have many carbs at all or I gain. I hope that helps.
keeperofthehome4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:14 PM   #206  

S/C/G: 205/190/140

Height: 5'4

Smile

Thanks EZMONEY for the Invite.
I am new!!!!! I Began my weight loss journey about three weeks ago, at 205 lbs. That is my heaviest without being pregnant and only about 5lbs less then my heaviest pregnancy weight :-( I have 6 Children 4 girls and 2 boys and a husband of 11 years.
I have been praying that God would free me from the unhealthy lifestyle I was living. God began to show me more and more that food was actually an addiction to me. As a mother I set these examples for my children and I did not want to see my daughter have the same battle that I did. God has given me strength everyday to eat healthy and feel good about it.
I am excited to be here and hear the wonderful stories of success and how it has changed lives!!!! Nice to meet everyone...

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength!!!!!
Mom of 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:17 PM   #207  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Cool Have a great week ...

~ Hi Everybody ...

Just wanted to check in; I've been MIA for a few days cuz I was sick over the weekend, but I'm starting to feel better now. We've had unbelievable weather here; warm temps and even had our first rainstorm for the year, melting half the snow. Don't know if this is gonna last 'til April, but sure hope it's a sign for a good summer!

My knee is much better and I can walk on it now, so I can get some exercise in again; been going outside as much as I can (just in shorter stints).

to WISDOM, ALLEY, FITCHICK, and MOMOF6 ~ I actually have that motto ~ "EAT LESS & MOVE MORE" on my pc moniter as a reminder.

FITCHICK ~ My plan is portion based (3 balanced meals + 2-3 healthy snacks a day). I want to eat sensibly for the rest of my life; lose about 1-2 lbs a week, but keep it off this time. I watch my carb portions, eat more veggies, fruits, whole wheats, fiber, and lean protein. We treat ourselves once a week (one dessert, one treat, and one favorite meal). Find a plan that interests you, and then just tweek it to suit yourself; you mentioned sugar as a problem ~ check out SugarBusters over at Diet Cental.

HI TO EVERYONE ELSE ~ GARY, SUE, WILMA, REBA, BOBBI, and JOANNE ... hope you are all well! SUE ~ I'm finally using your save and paste idea, thanks!

Take care all; God Bless, and keep on keepin'on ~ your fellow encourager ... ROSEBUD. :hugs: PS ~ know that you & yours are always in my prayers!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-26-2007 at 11:24 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:59 AM   #208  

Default Hi there!

I am doing great down 3 more lbs so I have lost the presurgery weight, now just need to keep going, as surgery not until 6/6.
Fatchick- Welcome! They are all right! You gotta find what works for you, I think you should also change your screen name to something more positive- just a suggestion as fatchick is a downer for a name- think of something more motivating. Just a thought. But come back and let us know how your doing!
E.Z.- Thanks! and congrats on your team...
Homebound- glad the gators made it for you!!
Keeper of the home, Mom of 6 - glad to see still posting!!!
Rosebud - glad your feeling better-
Hit to everyone else, getting late gotta go to bed!!
Old 03-27-2007, 08:58 AM   #209  
Quit counting at 45!

Hello everyone! I had a nice relaxing weekend again. I am soooo ready for DH to come home. He's been gone a week and will be back tonight.
I spent my weekend baking and reading.

The weather here is turning gorgeous also. We've lost half our snow also because of the rain. I'm starting to see green along the edges!!

I've been doing okay eating wise and really lousy exercise wise. I need to get back on track or I'm going to start gaining the weight back. Please pray for me!

I love seeing all the new faces here. Keep posting. It's such an encouragement to me to hear your victories and be able to pray for concerns.

Have a great day!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:06 PM   #210  

Default Hi wilma-

Hope you and hubby enjoy your evening!!! The weather here has improved so much, actually in the 60's today, snow almost gone- E.Z. 's arms must be amazing- from all that waving .... The sun finally arrived.. Well gotta run, but hi to all and have a blessed day!!!