Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-15-2006, 02:23 PM   #1  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Default Getting workouts in AT work

I know a lot of times it's really hard to find time to exercise with everything that's going on, especially this time of year! I've found myself using work as an excuse a lot, but no more!

I'm lucky enough now to have a job that has me on my feet basically all day. I work retail, so when there's no customers I walk laps on the floor... or go help the inventory guys downstock which is basically lifting electronics and going up and down stairs. Sometimes, when nobody is looking I do lunges down the length of the back wall LOL. I'm losing inches faster now than I was when I was blocking out 40 minutes a day to actually work out because I'm really working out all day by default . I need to remember to bring my pedometer to work one of these days to see how many steps I'm logging! It's so easy to just find a place to stand or sit and be bored all day... being active helps the day go by faster, though, too!

What do you do AT work for exercise?!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 12:37 AM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

Lucky you to have a NON sedentary job!! Keep up the great work and I agree it would be interesting to find out how many stpes you do in a day... LEt us know when you do find out...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 04:33 AM   #3  
Zandria

S/C/G: 203/203/130

Height: 5'4

WOW, that's sweet! Way to go!
collegebride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 12:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Good for you, you're right, so many people in retail do just lean up against something and complain about being bored and what time is it til they go home. You see that all the time. Good for you for having the mindset you do! Fitness really isn't only physical is it??
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote