Success w/ Late Workouts?

• Just wanted to get an idea of how many ladies on this forum have had success with late workouts, I'm talking after 8 p.m. I've tried to do the morning route but I am just NOT a morning person....bleh. I like to go around 8ish because its not as busy at the gym and I'm awake. Anyone this way?

I was doing really well with going to the gym and then I fell off track the past month so tonight I'm going to go and hopefully won't die. I'm not going to do my ususal workout which consists of at least 45 min cardio and then stretching/weights. Probably 30 min and stretching just to ease myself back into it.
  • I HAVE to exercise after 7 pm because anytime before that the kids dont allow me to. I can walk with them but I only have a double umbrella stroller and it hurts my feet to walk quickly in it. I've had luck with the after 7 pm work outs.
  • I will sometimes do that too, just out of necessity from a busy day, but I generally try to be done by 8 pm. I have been working out as late as 10 or 11 though, so it does work. Sounds like your sleep is not affected, so that's good. It just tended to keep me awake longer than I would have liked, but usually you're feeling so good you don't mind it at the time. Then comes the next morning..... lol!
  • OMG you really did add me to your sig :O

For me exercise late (after about 4 pm), even yoga, tends to interfere with my sleep, but hey if it works for you go for it!!!
  • I always used to exercise in the mornings, but I've started running in the evenings too now and it took me a while to get into the habit and be able to sleep afterwards, but I seem to be getting used to it. My other problem is that the longer I go before I work out the more likely I am to make excuses, but for other people it might be easier to make excuses not to get out of bed in the morning, it depends on the person. There's no "magic" time to exercise - if you can fit it in and it works for you, then go for it.
  • Last night all that fit was around 9 pm. I don't usually do that but I thought it was better than missing out altogether.