Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-11-2006, 11:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Height: 5'2"

Default Good Cardio DVD's?

Does anyone know of any good cardio DVD's? All the ones I have are only 30 minutes and don't challenge me that much...my heart rate doesn't get up there. I can't afford a gym membership, and I live in Minnesota and hate the cold so working out outside isn't an option.

If anyone could help, that'd be great!
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 180.5/157.5/145

The Biggest Loser dvd w/ Bob Harper is the best cardio workout I've had in a long time. There are four different workouts (plus warm up and cool down). Each workout is about 20 minutes long, but you can combine them however you like. The workouts are low intensity cardio, high intensity cardio, strength and sculpt and boot camp. All of them get my heart rate up there. I can't currently do all the high intensity without stopping to catch my breath several times.

There's supposed to be a new one coming out (or already out) with last year's folks (the one I'm talking about is the Suzy and Matt season). I'll be getting that one, too, to add to my library.
kateful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:59 PM   #3  
cals. in v. cals. out

S/C/G: 157/151/130

Height: 5'6

Jari Love's Ripped 1000. It's really intense which I really like because I feel like I didn't just waste my time doing something that didn't even get my heart rate up..like you were saying.
nomorefatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 02:27 PM   #4  

yeah i ordered the ripped 1000 and it should be getting here in the next couple weeks or so. but would i count that as cardio or weights?
Old 12-11-2006, 02:37 PM   #5  
cals. in v. cals. out

S/C/G: 157/151/130

Height: 5'6

I'd count Ripped 1000 as cardio. You do use some weights but it's mostly as a vehicle to get your heart rate up by making the exercise more challenging. It's really about the cardio. If you've used any of her other DVDs, you'll know that every time you go to a new segment, it tells you what you're about to do. For example, chest, lunges, squats, etc. Here almost every segment is CARDIO!! and I promise you it will kick you in the behind and leave you feeling like you really worked out.
nomorefatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 02:40 PM   #6  

Great, thanks!! I've got Ripped! to the Core and that sure kicks my butt. I was going to jump rope between segments of that one but I was way too tired to do it! LOL. Can't wait to get Ripped 1000!
Old 12-11-2006, 02:49 PM   #7  
In Search of Satisfaction

S/C/G: 190/187/160

Height: 5'7

Leslie Sansone's Super Fat Burning 3 mile is pretty good. . .it's about 45 minutes and gets my heart rate up . . .
sistahmaryisis is offline   Reply With Quote