Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 03:34 PM   #61  

Height: 5'7"

Congrats on your 1200 miles!!

I did a Ride n Tie relay race w/ DH this morning. Basically, one person rides a mountain bike and the other one runs. Once the biker passes the runner and rides for a while, the biker leaves the bike and becomes the runner, then the first runner picks up the bike and rides on, kind of hopscotching like that through the course. We had a lot of fun, but DH can almost run faster than I can mountain bike, so I ended up riding most of the trail, and only ran a couple miles of the 11. We took 3rd in the co-ed team category, mainly because he is so fast. Our team name: Tired and Broken (I'm tired and he is injured).

Supposed to do 8 miles tomorrow. I'm still wheezing and hacking, but obviously I am capable of some kind of workout.

Anne
Old 12-16-2006, 08:01 PM   #62  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

cool race Anne! that would be great for dh and I - he is a good biker though, he would catch me very quickly

My son was hospitalized last night for RSV, we are home now, but I havent done much this week.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:25 PM   #63  

Oh ennay, how frightening. I hope things are better now. My thoughts are with your son.

Anne
Old 12-17-2006, 08:26 AM   #64  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Ennay, hope things are OK. Sorry, I don't know what RSV is, but hope it's nothing too serious.

I did cross country in the end, and it was surprisingly fun considering it involved running up hills in ankle deep mud. If I'm going to do it again I really need to get some proper shoes, I was slipping all over the place in my road shoes but couldn't justify spending christmas present money on shoes for one race before I know whether I'm going to do it regularly.

The good news is that I got a scoring place for my club (first four women from each club count) - OK there were only five women running for us, but the other three had done it before and had proper shoes so I made it my task to beat the other newbie. I almost caught the club person in front of me, she finished 40th and I finished 42nd. I have no idea how many people were running overall, but at least it feels like I had a purpose being out there. I would have hated to have run it and not even scored (although you do still have a purpose because you can push other people further back in the placings). I have no idea how far it was, I think I was pretty slow compared to my road pace, but I guess that's normal on that terrain. I did at least run all of it apart from the very slippy bits, and didn't resort to walking the hills which I usually do on races like that. I can't do the next one because I'll be on holiday, but I might do another one or two in the new year.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:44 PM   #65  

Helen, sounds like a lot of fun!

I attempted my 8 miler this morning, 4 out and back, and managed to run (mostly) the first 6 miles. Still having trouble breathing with this upper respiratory thing, so I ended up walking the last 2 miles. I had a really hard time going this morning, so getting that far really seems like a victory.

Anne
Old 12-18-2006, 04:28 PM   #66  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

6.4 miles with running club tonight. My last run with them this year, I can't run on Wednesday (although I'm hoping to make the party afterwards), and then I'm away until the new year. It felt really good today.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:03 PM   #67  
Ilene the Bean

Ran 5k this morning, it was gorgeous here, I love this time of year!
Old 12-18-2006, 09:54 PM   #68  

My coach gave me a rest week. I have a 30 minute easy run on Wednesday, and then a 10 miler on Sunday. Some puttering around on the bike and lifting a couple days, but that's it. Next week is a big week, but I'm off work, so it should be all good.

ennay, any more news about your DS?

Anne
Old 12-19-2006, 02:13 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Did 40 mins of intervals (speedwork whatever you wanna call it) on the treadmill this AM. Kind of fun switching it up and constantly changing what I'm doing. Know it burns more cals, just hoping that it's helping my speed out as well.

Just getting geared up for Xmas, trying to keep my eating in check although I had a rough weekend.. if I can just maintain till the New Year then I'm ok.

Ennay - Hope your son is doing ok

Anne - That race with your husband sounds fun! Wish my BF and I did
exercise stuff together

Helen - Your cross country race sounds like and adventure!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Ilene - I wish it was gorgeous here! Warm, humid and gray
Old 12-20-2006, 09:38 PM   #70  

Default 2006 stats

I was going over these with my coach. Thought they were interesting, if a little sad. Kinda puts the year in perspective with entire months missed due to illness, and races just done on shoestring training. Glad things finally appear to be turning around.

Swim totals:
58,825 yds = 33 miles, 29 hours, 40 workouts

Bike totals:
845 miles, 62 hrs, 50 workouts, avg speed 13.6mph (includes some mountain biking)

Run totals:
268 miles, 61 hrs, 79 workouts, avg pace 13:30/mile (includes run/walks, jogger runs)
28 more miles scheduled

Number of days I wrote SICK in my training log: 68!! Does not include days I felt sick and worked out anyway, days that say SLACK, SLEEP, antibiotics, or SICK KID or any days I was too sick to make an entry.

Number of pounds lost since 1/1/06: 28.

Number of triathlons raced: 5
Number of aquathlons raced: 4
Number of duathlons raced: 1
Number of cycling races: 1
Number of running races: 5

Anne
Old 12-22-2006, 09:56 AM   #71  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

10.25 miles home from work today. I only actually live 4.5 miles away from work, but I took the long route! now I've just got to drive back and pick up my stuff...
Old 12-22-2006, 03:31 PM   #72  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

ran today for the first time since ds got sick...run was good but got a migraine after...too little sleep
Old 12-22-2006, 05:36 PM   #73  

ennay, how is he doing now? I've been thinking about you.

Anne
Old 12-22-2006, 06:03 PM   #74  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

he is doing pretty well, but they say we have to watch for a relapse for the rest of the cold/flu season

and despite the illness, that is a pretty impressive year!
Old 12-23-2006, 05:41 AM   #75  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

Glad to hear he's doing well.

Just over 5 miles this morning, that gets me to my rough 100 mile/month target for December, and I'm going to take it easy for the rest of the month in Spain. I'm going to take a couple of days off, my hip was niggling on the way round today (I think I need new shoes which may have something to do with it), and right at the end I got a really strange back twinge and had to stop to walk for a couple of paces before it disappeared nearly as quickly as it had arrived.

Happy Christmas everyone!
Closed Thread