Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 11-18-2006, 02:28 PM   #1  
Lurtle

Talking Diet/Exercise Challenge (For Me!)

Allright...that's it! I am pepped up and rarin' to go!

I ordered Turbo Jam the other day, and it should be at my doorstep on Monday or Tuesday (today is Saturday). I am so excited...the more I read about it, the more I think I will enjoy it.
I have always enjoyed aerobics over most other exercises. I like the music, the energy and the fact that I discovered that I actually DO have rhythm!
I have two Cher videos that I always really enjoyed, but like anything else, it can get boring, over time.
The Turbo Jam system seems to work to avoid the boredom, by mixing things up constantly.

Anyway...I am challenging myself and if others want to join, I more than welcome you all.

Challenge #1:
Allow chips or other snack foods ONCE per week (as opposed to almost every day!)

No drive-throughs! If I am not going to get out of the car and walk in to the restaurant, I don't need it that bad.

Cut out pop. (Including Diet, which I don't like, anyway)

Follow the Turbo Jam system (once it gets here!) For others, if you don't have Turbo Jam, do some form of cardio activity every day.

Veggies, veggies, veggies!!!

No ordering in. Again, if I can't get off my butt to go get it, I don't need it!

Allright, I am starting anew...again...but I am feeling better now, mentally, than I have in a year, so I am determined.
Eldubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:27 PM   #2  
Lurtle

Default November 19th...

I borrowed my sister's Gunnar Peterson DVD's today...I am too impatient waiting for the Turbo Jam set to get here and was in the groove, so I did GP's 25 minute full body workout. It was pretty good, but I have to say, even for a girl who is in the worst shape she's ever been in, it wasn't much of a challenge.
Of course, I know I worked out, and I'm sure I'll feel some twinges tomorrow, but it didn't seem that hard. Or is it that exercise doesn't have to hurt? lol
I was not a good girl, in terms of the food, but tomorrow is another day, and I'm proud for doing my workout.

Eldubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 04:07 AM   #3  

Thumbs up

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]good for you, hope you don't groan to much tomorrow . I don't know the [/COLOGunnar Peterson dvd, but I've seen the turbo jam looks like fun.
R]
kiwichic is offline   Reply With Quote