Go to
View Poll Results: Would you be interested in this challenge
YES
90.00%
NO
10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hi

More than a year ago after reaching my highest body weight in life 85kg I deceided to start running again.
    I started with The Couch-to-5K program.
    Program worked fine slowely improving distance... 3 workouts per week, 9 weeks and then it's you BIG 5K run.
    Now I would just like to know if there are any enthusiasts to start The Couch-to-5K Running Challenge with me (of course I'll be running my distance now at least 6km per run) but I would like to run together with you to support you from one week to another.
    I would share program for each week on my blog.
    For motivation I must tell you a story which happened to me on my second 21K race about 2 weeks ago. A 72-year old lady (43 years older than me) who started to run marathons at 50 she beat me for whole 6 minutes
    See it's never too late to start running.

love
    Uli
  • Check out this thread:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86330

for people who are doing the C25K program. Good luck!!
  • Starting this challenge on 28th of November
    Hi

So far 3 were for YES. And guys we gonna make it running your first 5K into New Year.This will be the gift to yourself for 2007.

On 28th of November I'll put my first post on my blog. There gonna be about 3 posts (each day one) about general running info, how to prepare, about the gear... And then we are starting a 9 week program From the cauch to 5K.

Love
    Uli
  • Hi Uli, I recently started the C25K, I am on week 3 and it's going great.
  • Hi Uli
    I wanted to start the c25k myself, but have been making excuse's.
    I'm not completely sure how you will working this , can you explain it for me .
    I used to run when i was much younger , now cardio is my tuffest thing to get over.
    I'd love to give it a go.

how do i find your blog ?
  • ive donr this challenge also and have slowly graduated upwards. last year i even sneaked to london 'to meet clients' thre really was no need to as id already secured the deal but really did it to run the london nike 10k. Id recomend it to everyone. and if ure ever in london do the 10k london is a stunning city!!
  • Hi Uli, is the challenge still on ?
  • C25k
    Count me in! I need to get moving!
  • bumping
    Is the c25k not happening ???
  • i would be interested in doing this!! I hope we can get something together!!
  • ME to !!!
    Would everyone like to start this program ? I would love to have others to share this with. I don't know what happened , but it looks like this one isn't going to start . I sure would like to get going with this, as the sooner I start the better as far as I'm concerned .
  • We could start our own. Ill njust do it indoors when its really cold here, and go out when I can. Id love to start? Should we repost another thread asking if anyone else would like to join? Let me know what you would like to do and when we will start. I cannot wait!
  • Okay I am on Week 1 right now and would love to join you girls. Let me know.
  • good for you Dollypie, how's it going so far ?
    Yes lets start a thread now and try and catchup with dollypie

it's raining here and seems to not want to stop , but I'm not going to let that stop me. When do you all want to start, we don't want to get to far behind dollypie.
  • I checked and Uli hasn't logged onto 3FC since 11/14 so I think it would be a good idea if you ladies all start a new thread. You might get others joining in ... best of luck to you!