Taking baby/toddlers for a walk in cold?

• Would it be selfish of me to take daily walks with my 2 year old and 5 week old in the stroller? If I bundle them up and make sure they are covered well -- I could even drape a blanket over the 5 week old to cover him completely (cover the carrier with a blanket) and bundle up my 2 year old with a coat and mittens and hat?

Today is supposed to get up to 50's, I figure I can take them during the heat of the day, but it's getting quite a bit cooler pretty quickly around here and I really want to get into a habit of a daily walk.

Anyone else take little ones out with them for daily walks?
  • Oh yes! I always figured if they were warmly dressed and it wasn't windy ... they'd fine. I bet your 2 y o will love it!
    If it gets to be freezing weather, you might consider carrying the wee one in a bundle on your chest, under your coat.
  • Selfish? Not at all! All babies should be so fortunate to have Mommies who do that!!! As long as they are well bundled up it will probably be good for them!!!
  • My little ones (twins) are 21 now so I don't do it anymore.LOL But when they were little I would bundle them up in the stroller and walk all over the neighborhood. They loved it. I think the cool air energized them. I miss those days.