Please help me decide!

• I also posted this in General Chatter, but I wanted to put it in Exercise also.

I am going to buy a spinning bike for my home and have been deciding between two bikes.. .
    The one for $600 it's a demo and has a full warranty for 3 years. The other bike is $200 and has been used for about 5 years at the YMCA. The YMCA bike is a German made brand called Tomahawk, it is hard to find out much about the bike and I have no idea on how well the bike has been maintained and how much it has been used. The other will have a full warranty and was only used by one guy (the salesman) in his home to train for a triathlon last winter it normally sells for $1000. It’s kinda like buying a used car and the thing that scares me is that if I buy the $200 bike then a year down the road it breaks and I have to replace it, the $600 deal won’t be around anymore and then I will have to come up with $1000 for a new bike then I have just spent $1200 on bikes when I could have just spent $600 on the other one. I know there is something to be said about getting a great deal, but I’m not sure of what to do.

What do you think?

Thanks
  • Personally if you can afford it at all I would go for the $600 bike. One used at the YMCA is likely to have had some pretty rough wear and LOTS of use. And the three year full warranty is worth a lot. Just my opinion. Hope you will let us know what you decide.

I love spinning... used to do it when I lived in Fort Lauderdale! I need to check around to see if I can find a class around here!
  • Hello eveyone-

I ended selling my Nordic Track upright bicycle to a friend and purchased the demo spinning bike for $600. It is made by Keys Fitness it is called the Ironman 112M. It is a really nice bike, I did my first workout on it and it was great, nice and quiet. Nothing like spinning on Sunday morning while watching FoodTV .
  • Enjoy your new toy