Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-13-2006, 04:43 PM   #1  
I'm a loser!

S/C/G: 260/240/160

Height: 5'6

Thumbs up YAY for the gym!

haha okay! I'm so proud of myself. It's just one tiny little step, but its a start! I went to the gym today to work out, but the personal trainer wasn't there, and apparently you can't work out at the gym without knowing how to use the equipment lol. I've never been to a gym a day in my life, so I have NO idea how to use anything there...So she said she would email the trainer and the trainer would call me back hopefully today. So I was like ok. So I left. And my roommate had her creepy boyfriend up in our room(im at college) and so i didnt wanna go back, so I decided a walk would be nice! So I went for a walk...It was only like 2 blocks, but a walk is a walk right? You gotta start somewhere! Once the trainer calls me back and I can go over there, I'll work out over there! But I'm very proud of my walk! lol. I'm psyched about working out now. Yay! Hopefully it's not really lame lol.
Pinkwhispers05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 05:24 PM   #2  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

It begins with a positive mental attitude, and you’ve got that one down! The rest will fall into place as long as you keep your chin up and keep at it no matter what. ‘

I like your piggy bank system. What are you going to do with the cash you save up?
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 05:26 PM   #3  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Good Job! I just joined the Y here and I go and do a little bit at a time. That is all we can do, is just keep moving.

WTG!!!!!!!!
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 05:41 PM   #4  
I'm a loser!

I wanna spulurge with the money I get! I wanna save like 100.00$ and go and buy something small, lke a new pair of jeans or something that I like(cheap jeans of course lol, or a new pair of shoes, or a new bed spread)...and keep saving, and once I reach my goal, I wanna take it all and splurge and buy myself a total new wardrobe,(after a while of maintaining of course so I get my right size. lol) so yeah. I wanna spend it ALLL! lol. I love to shop, and especially to buy clothes, even though it's really hard to find clothes that fit me sometimes. SO yeah. lol.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:27 PM   #5  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

Good for you! You should be proud of yourself. I'm so glad that you are looking forward to working with your personal trainer. During my first session I was so terrified I could barely speak. I was horrified that I would be unable to do anything that he/she would have asked me to do. So not true. It was a great experience. I am looking forward to hearing how your session goes. Good luck and have fun!
Lydia227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:03 AM   #6  
Ilene the Bean

Pink good for you for going for that walk and not letting the no show trainer let you down..... Keep us posted on your progress and post on the Exercise Accountabilyt thread to keep yourself accountable, it really helps...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:17 PM   #7  

Height: 5'8.5"

That's great, Pink!!! Good for you... walking is a great start. And keep up the positive attitude!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 10:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 260/249/160

Height: 5'6"

Way to go! I just started at a new gym a few days ago, and when I went to use the weight machines I was so confused (they didn't have the diagrams that my old gym's machines had! Ahh!). It's great that you get an orientation with a personal trainer first!
Kashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 11:53 PM   #9  
I'm a loser!

SO, i have an appointment on thursday(took them long enough lol) and unfortunately I get a guy, so now im pretty scared to go. I was hoping to get a girl personal trainer, but I have a guy *sigh* I dont like going to the gym and exercising infront of guys, which is why i signed up for the cardio center because not many guys go there...The idea was that i got a girl and would feel comfortable with her, but at least it's just a half hour or so right? I wanna get a personal trainer, but I don't want a male trainer, and if it's going to be a male, i dont think i'll sign up for a trainer. I'll probably just work out on my own.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:15 PM   #10  
Ilene the Bean

Pink -- If you decide to go with a personal trainer, it is your right to ask for a female, afterall YOU are paying $$$ for this trainer...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 01:46 AM   #11  

Go with an open mind. I had a male trainer when I started out, and I was so shy, he was really cute and a lot younger than me, and I thought he would be terrible, because I had seen the way he trained the really fit people and I thought he wouldn't be suitable for fat old me! But he was absolutely fantastic, really encouraging, and pushed me as well, I learnt a lot, and improved a lot. He noticed and commented on every tiny improvement I made. Since I have left that gym, I have only had male trainers and never had a problem.

It's all down to the individual trainer and what they're like in their job. But as Ilene says, if you really are uncomfortable, ask for a female.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 11:33 PM   #12  
I'm a loser!

Yeah so I didn't go for the personal trainer, I should but AI didn't. I'm going to try it myself for a while and if I'm just not getting it, I'll sign up for a personal trainer...I went for an orientation tonight, and he was a guy, and the worst part was that he's a senior here at school(I woulda been totally fine if he was like an old guy lol), and he was cute, so it was miserable. I was too scared/intimiated/uncomfortable to say anything at all lol. he's like "well why are you here, and imlike uh to lose weight" and i said it in the mouseyest voice possible, my cheeks were SO red, my ears were red, I was so uncomfortable. I didn't work out after he showed me how to do everything because I didnt wanna work out with him there lol. I'm going tomorrow though after Biology. I didnt even wanna go tonight, but I'm glad I did. I'm actually pretty excited to go tomorrow. I'm excited to get on that tredmill! lol. He said to aim for 3-4 times a week 30 minutes a time...And then he said I can move up to 4-5 times a week an hour each time, but how do i know when its time to move up, or will I just know? lol
I almost fell off of the treadmill though lol. I was on it and he was showing me the buttons and he pushed one and it started moving lol. I didnt know he was going to turn it on, and I almost fell off lol. It was funny but yet not so funny lol. Is it okay to just use the treadmill as my whole workout, or do I have to move between things?
Old 09-22-2006, 07:00 AM   #13  

You can use the treadmill for your whole workout, but I would suggest you try it all. Different machines will work muscle groups in different ways. Also, once you get used to the treadmill, you have to walk really fast or run to increase your intensity, or walk up a steep incline.

On the rower, eliptical and bike you can do a wider range of things to get your heart working and boost your workouts.

I'd really urge you to have a session with a personal trainer to get the most out of your workouts and to ensure you are working out safely.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 10:14 AM   #14  
I'm a loser!

Perhaps, but I'm telling you, I'm just not down for the whole male personal trainer, plus it's expensive as sin to get a trainer. They aren't cheap. But thanks for the suggestion, I'll keep that in mind. The eliptical looks fun And theres this weird machine that u kneel on and it works ur triceps, that looks fun too ;-)