Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-11-2006, 03:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 199/175/165

Height: 5'8

Default Shape Xpress vs Curves

There is a shape express right down the street from me it appears to be the same as curves just their competition. Anyone go to shape xpress? Also they have the infared sauna that I really want to try. I want the results all you ladies are talking about from curves but want it from shape xpress on the corner
lookergirl76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 07:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

I think there are a lot of knock-off brands now. People who copy the formula but don't want to pay the huge franchising and maintenance fees involved with being part of the pink & purple. See if they will give you a free visit or 3 so you can check it out and make sure it's run well, is clean, and staff seems organized. Then I would say join it if it's all the same. You'll find alot of the franchises will also sell their businesses to get out from the financial burden and then open up another location under a private name. I've not heard of Shape Express nationally, but there are others like LA Fitness Express, etc., that are national chains along the same line.
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 08:12 PM   #3  

Actually, I just spent the last 15 minutes googling them and it looks awesome! They are indeed a franchise, have lots of locations across the US, and look VERY nice! I would say go for it definitely. Looks like they've taken the concept and improved it, adding lots of things like cardio machines and classes, etc.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:35 AM   #4  

Im gonna join after my boot camp is over in 2 weeks and let you know what I think. I joined a boot camp and what a rip off I could get the same workout at my gym doing a kickboxing class for free with my membership which is 30 dollars a month compared to 25 dollars a class for boot camp. Learning lesson I figured with the name boot camp it would be more intense. Anyways Im off topic here Im glad you looked up shape xpress I have a feeling with the xtras it has its gonna be more costly then curves but I will see soon.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:51 AM   #5  

Well I joined shape xpress on 4 days ago and have gone everyday I love it I really work up a sweat and I asked as my body gets used to it what should I do and its just move quicker on the machines because they are the kind you dont change the weight its how many times you pump it thats the best I can describe hehe. It is pricey for month to month its 59 dollars I added in the infared sauna for 10 dollars more a month which all the ladies I have met in there are losing all kinds of weight from it, not to mention all the other benefits of detox, great for skin, cellulite, soreness etc. If anyone wants to join a place like cures or shape xpress check out both I think shape xpress is better myself they offer childcare, showers, tanning, sauna, personal training, free weights, and lots of classes. And they are open way better hours mine is 6am -8pm.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:16 PM   #6  

Good for you LG76. Sorry I did not see your update sooner than now. Do you still like the club and are you still going? I bet you feel great after a full month there!