Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-03-2006, 02:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 148/115/119

Height: 5'3"

Default Fitness Fanatic???? ME????

3 years ago, I HATED to break a sweat...for any reason...I hated the feel of it. I would be sticky and hot...and well sick to my stomach in a queasy fluttery way . I was getting heavy. I come from a family of very large women, with diabetes and heart problems. I decided I had to do something. I started mowing the lawn with a push mower. The first time I felt awful. My face was RED, sweat was pouring off me, and I had to stop 3 times to catch my breath. After a few times I started getting used to the feeling of being all sweaty, my "wind" improved and I stopped feeling queasy.

2 years ago I started working out 3X a week....first few times, I couldnt even get through the entire program....my heart would thump, my head would spin, and the next day I WOULD HURT LIKE ....well....BAD... but I kept doing it figuring...well...maybe it will go away. After a few times, it did, and slowly I was able to finish the program.

About 6 months ago, I decided to lose these last few lbs. I decided I would stop gorging (or at least start gorging on veggies instead of cereal, bread, french fries and taco bell) and start taking exercise more seriously (Im not really a sinful eater...but I am a gorger...something about being over-full that I enjoy...sick huh ). I upped my weights, and either did cardio, weight, or both for an hour a day..EVERY DAY . At first I dreaded it, and forced myself to get through it. After awhile, it just became routine.

Yesterday, I decided NOT to work out. I figured I had deserved a day off. I lounged around in my pajamas until 3:00 PM. I just couldnt seem to get my day started. I felt antsy. Something was missing. I would head for the shower to get cleaned up, but would get sidetracked. Finally I ran 2 miles on the treadmill (very short workout).....AHHHHH the sweat!! I got in the shower...my day could finally start.

I read somewhere that it takes 30 days to make something a habit....I guess I've developed the habit of excercise. If someone had told me that 3 years ago, I would have laughed at them.
Button_ewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 02:48 PM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

I agree, it's quite revelation when you realize that you can't live without exercise and that once you find the exercise that you likr, it IS fun ... I know that when I am away from doing workouts for more than 2 days the third day my body gets sore, it's like my muscles are telling me to go work them out or something...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote