New please help!

• Hello everyone

I'm knew and have no idea what I'm doing I'm working out at home because going to a gym can be alittle frustrating!

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how much exercise is to much I'm trying to walk on the treadmill atleast twice a day for 60 mins or is it to little????? I'm about 5'0 and weigh 180 pounds and I know that alot of people that I've talked to say did you put the weight overnight NO! then it isn't going to come off overnight I just need help is there anyone that can help me with a workout routine????
  • If you have time to do two 60 minute sessions per day, by all means do so, but most of us don't so doing 40 to 60 mins once/day is more than plenty. Make sure you have good intensity, by this I mean that you are working hard and working up to a good sweat... Are you doing some weight training too? I highly recommend it. Adding muscle will burn more calories at rest and that's a good thing. Weight training also strengthens bones and keeps osteoperosis at bay...

Hope this helps and keep us posted on your progress...
  • Thank You
    Thank you Ilene.

I actually do not have the time to work out twice a day but am trying to make it before and after work.! I haven't included weight training I don't even know where to begin? It's been awhile since I worked out and getting back into it is a job in itself.
  • Yes, getting back into the routine of working out is a lot of work, but well worth it... Check out Krista Smash's site for some good ideas...