Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-23-2006, 11:50 AM   #1  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default The Gym vs. the real world

So, I've been going to the gym, stead-fast since March and I am really kicking it up there!!! I do my 30 min elliptical, weights, then abs, then cool down cross trainer 15 min...around 90 min a day...getting a terrific workout, sweating, feeling good, but then I'm still not much for doing any "real world" stuff, like running around at the park or in the backyard with my kids, I still just retire to the bench and watch. Maybe it's a motivation thing? Or maybe I'm tired from the gym/working the 12hr nights/the mom/wife thing?

At least I'm getting to the gym!! (and starting to LOVE it!)
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 12:30 PM   #2  
I'm a loser!

S/C/G: 260/240/160

Height: 5'6

Yay! thats so great that your getting to the gym and at least exercising some! You could do "little" things...If youre getting 90 minutes a day, why run around the park? Park at the end of the parking lot in the gorchery store, take the stairs insted of the elevator(with arms full of grocheries is even better cuz then you have *weighs* there too haha*) Walk the kids to soccer practice insted of driving them, practice with them in the back yard...I know i know you've heard it before, and perhaps I should shutup becuase I don't know what I'm talking about, easier said than done right? But ya never know? Ya know?? lol.
Pinkwhispers05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 12:43 PM   #3  

The is so awesome that you have worked up to that amount. Just curious though - isn't you energy level 100% better. I am not doing anything and I am so tired all the time. I have get to get back at it too. Thanks for the inspiration.
jagmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 07:46 PM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

I think the real world stuff will come when you have more confidence in what you can do. Maybe it's that you think you may look silly, maybe not either, this is only a suggestion...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote