Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2001, 09:19 AM   #1  

Default Everyday Exercisers to Turkey Day

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to any newcomers. This thread focuses on healthy weightloss and overall fitness through regular exercise. Our goal is to stay active, hydrated and make healthy eating choices. As an added incentive, we are going to try to exercise as many days as we can before Thanksgiving. Let's show our relatives how good we can look. That'll ruffle some feathers.

Come join us in our healthy lifestyle.

(Hugs),
Dena
Old 09-06-2001, 09:24 AM   #2  

Default 11 More Weeks Till Thanksgiving!

I'm going to do my Body Flex tape now (Yoga/breathing) and promise to go to the gym this afternoon. I'll post more later.

Have a great day, everyone!

(Hugs),
Dena

Last edited by Dena; 09-06-2001 at 09:27 AM.
Old 09-06-2001, 11:53 AM   #3  

Tweeter, so great to see you on the board again!!! I think you're doing a great job jogging and walking. I can hardly jog at all on the track. You're doing a fantastic job!!! I'd love to get out there and jog for (what did you say on the last thread?... ) 45 minutes?! I'd love to be able to do it for 5. Right now I can jog on the treadmill for 2 minutes, then walk fast for 10, then jog for 2, then walk fast for another 10, then another 2... totally 6 minutes of jogging. But that's about it for now.

Keep up the great work!!!!! And let us know your progress!
(Hugs),
Dena
Old 09-06-2001, 01:52 PM   #4  

Default Day Six....

Wow! This thread is JUMPIN' WITH ENERGY

Shasta - the a.m. workout is the ONLY way for me too. It's too easy for me to get sidetracked by the end of the day (or even by noon). Your 6 day goal sounds awesome - YOU CAN DO IT!!

Dena - WOOHOO you are HAPPENIN' I'm so glad you are joining me in my goal! We will do this and we will be struttin' our feathers on t-day .

Tweeter - Your running progress sounds great. Have you ever heard the advice that you should only increase your running by 10% per week? I think it's a good rule of thumb to prevent injury and to give you a guideline for progression. 45 minutes is an excellent goal and I predict that once you're there - you'll be anxious to get to the hour mark . YOU GO GIRL !!

As for me, I hate to sound like a broken record, but again this morning it was my GOAL that got me to the gym . I was up most of the night with my 1 yr old dd. My dh and I took turns rocking her to sleep, but she never slept for more than 1/2 hour at a time. Poor little pumpkin - I think she's teething. ANYWAY, I kept saying to myself all night, "don't use this as an excuse not to workout in the morning." So, when the alarm went off at 5:00 a.m. (predictably, just when I fell asleep), I thought about my goal and off I went to the gym. I did 20 minutes of weights and 30 minutes of lifecycle. Nothing heroic, but I DID IT and that's what counts.

I'm so proud of us all!!! Keep on keepin' on
Old 09-06-2001, 04:33 PM   #5  

I decided not to excercise today. I just got my staples out and my head is more sensitive than it has been. I can't imagine putting my bike helmet on right now. Plus I have a nasty cold and I was up for almost 24 hours straight yesterday. I'm just going to take it easy. Did get in some walking at the mall today and may go out again later. I also have no appetite so I'm not going to worry about it at all. Congrats on all of you who are getting into it though!
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 09-06-2001, 07:12 PM   #6  

Thumbs down Great DAY!

Hello Dena, Just do it, Pam, Tweeter:

How ya all doing today! Sounds great, everyone is doing so good, Proud of YOU!!!! I did my rower for 21 minutes and did my weighttraining for 20 min. Hmm...I feel pretty good for my 4th day this week. I think next week I will bump up my time on the rower to 22 min. I think if I do it slowly my body will adjust fine, hopefully. I noticed i have more room in my clothes. I've been debating whether I'm really seeing results...I remeasure in another week so hopefully I see some positve results. I do feel a difference already in my energy level compared to only excercising 3 time a week, big difference.

Dena: good job with your flex tape. Have u ever read Covert Baily?? He really recommends wind sprints to increase your fitness level, which is basically what your doin ;-) I read his book when I first started out. Good job! Keep burin those calories.

Just do it: You don't sound like a broken record ;-) I'm so amazed at your motivation. Keeps me inline ;-) I think your doing a great job. Doesn't it feel good after you do the weights?

Tweeter: Keep up the great work on the running. Takes so much motivation and yeah your doing it!!!!!

Pam: It's nice your resting today. Give your body time to heal. You'll have plenty of time afterwards after your feeling much better.

Great job ladies. Keep burning thos Calories!!!!!!

Shasta
Old 09-07-2001, 12:04 PM   #7  

Good Morning, Everyone!!

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!

Everyone is doing such a great job!!!!!

I'm kinda behind the eight ball this morning, so I will post more later. Just wanted to check in with everyone and say "hi."

Have a great day filled with lots of exercise and water.

Talk to you later.
(Hugs),
Dena
Old 09-07-2001, 02:27 PM   #8  

Default Friday!!!!!

Hi Gang! I had a great swim this morning. 50 minutes of laps (about 1.25 miles). That's day 7 . And the best part is - tomorrow is Saturday - NO 5:00 A.M. WAKE-UP CALL .

Pamela - sorry to hear about your cold. I hope you're feeling much better and stronger very soon .

Shasta - good job on the rowing/weighttraining. I agree, the weight lifting does feel good. I think it's sooo important. I just ordered a book called "Hot Point Fitness" that's supposed to be a good guide to weight training. I'll let you know if I like it. We just got a rower at my gym and I've only been on it once, but I loved it - great workout!

Dena - sounds like you have a busy day. I have no doubt that you'll get a workout (or 2 ) in today. Keep us posted.

Everyone have a wonderful and ACTIVE weekend. As the fat man says, you guys "rock." (Check out his site at onefatman.com. He's a hoot! ).
Old 09-07-2001, 09:34 PM   #9  

Hi Guys!

I'm happy to report that I walked with my hubby at lunchtime, then went to the gym where I got on the treadmill for 35 minutes (walked fast/jogged), got on the stationary bike for 10 minutes and worked out on the weight machines for 20 minutes. Then I joined an aerobics class aleady in progress and did 30 mintes of that. Woooooohoooooo, I'm burning those cals. Burn, baby, burn.

Jusdoit, thanks for the motivation! After reading your message about you doing 1.25 miles of laps in 50 minutes, I was inspired. Wow, 7 days of swimming in a row. FANTASTIC!!!!

Shasta, congratulatioins for bumping up the time on your rower and weighttraining! Congrats also on your clothes being much looser these days.!!!! I know your measurements will have positive results. That's so great!! By the way, I have read Covert Bailey's book a long time ago. That's probably where I got the idea to walk/jog. Thanks for the reminder.

Pamela, I hope your head feels a lot better. Please take care of yourself and get plenty of rest. We'll be right here waiting for you.

By the way guys, do you have any suggestions on running shoes? I was just wondering what are some good all-around athletic shoes.

I will walk with my hubby Sat. and Sun. Those are my more relaxed days.

Here's to a fantastic weekend!!!! Talk to you on Monday.
(Hugs),
Dena
Old 09-09-2001, 02:04 PM   #10  

Angry Good weekend!

Hello Ladies:

How is your weekend going?? I hope nice and relaxing.
Well I didn't get a chance to post yesterday but I did my denise austin tape. I was pretty happy I only stopped once thru the whole 20 minutes. I fulfilled my goal this week!!!!!!wooohoooo!
I noticed a big big difference in my energy level though. I really think this is what I needed!
I'm going to stick with denise for awhile though, maybe alternate her with Taebo in a little bit. I measured, I just couldn't wait til the 20th. I did go down another inch or so in some places. Since June I probaly have lost a total of 2-5 inches in places. I'm just using the tape measure for now. So goal for this week is to excercise five times this week! Bump up my time on the rower to 22 minutes. I thought that every week I can bump up my rower time by one minute til I reach 45 minutes.
So I'm getting there ;-)

Dena:
Congrats on such a great workout!!!!!! I think that is so great all those fat burning excercisies. YOU GO GIRL!!!!!! I'm so happy to meet someone who actually knows covert bailey...wheww. My husbands friend actually has helped me with my excercise/weightraining program and he gave me his book. It has been so helpful to me, inspiring. Keep up the Fantastic work.

Just do it: Great job on swimming!!!! It sounds so rivitalizing. Let me know how what you think of the book. I'm constantly looking for new info on weightraining, whether by internet or books. This rowing machine....is fabulous though...it's one of those concept's. I love it. Even tells ya how many calories your burning. Keep on Burning those Calories ;-)

Pam: I hope your feeling better!!!!

So today I'm resting. I will be ready to go on Monday....My goal is to excercise five times this week!!!!!!! Looking foward to it.
Burn that fat ladies!!!!!!

Take care,
SHASTA
Old 09-10-2001, 02:27 PM   #11  

Default Hi movers and shakers!

Today is day 10 of my exercise streak! (Dena - I didn't mean to imply that I had been swimming 7 days in a row - just that I had exercised 7 days in a row. I usually swim 2x a week ). Saturday I did 20 mins weights and 40 mins. on the bike. Sunday I played tennis for 2 hours (hadn't picked up my racket in over a year - lots of ball chasing ), and this morning I had a 34 minute (sore from tennis) run. FEELING GOOOOOOD !

Dena - you are one BURNIN' BABE !! As far as running shoes go, obviously everyone has different needs, but I happen to LOVE my saucony's. There's a great website for you to check out - roadrunnersports.com (sorry I don't know how to create a link). You can get some good advice on shoes as well as order online and find some bargains. I always order my shoes from there. I hope you find it helpful .

Shasta - Good job on your denise tape and the rowing. I think bumping up the rowing time one minute a week is an excellent plan. I would definitely recommend you check out the book "Hot Point Fitness." I've run it by a couple of guys that seem to know what they're doing in the weight room and they think it's a really good program. I'm enjoying reading it and plan to start incorporating it into my workouts. There are three phases in the book - I predict I will probably stop at phase 2 since phase 3 is extremely intense (more for professional athletes ).

Pamela - you're in my thoughts and I'm sending you loads of healing vibes!

Time to get to work. Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-10-2001, 05:52 PM   #12  

Talking Motivated Monday

Hello ladies:

How's you today?? I hope good.
Are you burning those calories ;-)
Today is a good day. I did my rower for 22 minutes. yah! I did about 25 minutes of weightraining. I always feel so good after weightraining. DId you enjoy your weekend??
I'm excited about my five day excercise plan. My second week this week. I really think the key for me is adding the aerobic, I have alot more energy. Right now denise is a good challenge for me. I'm learning her moves so it's beginning to be a lot more enjoyable.
Had a good weekend. Done some major house cleaning...even put my ole man to work...hehe. John and I are hoping to start the MS gym soon.
I think I'll drag my sis for a walk tonight....
Today is a new week and a new goal

Just do it: Thanks for the encouragement, it helps out so much to keep me motivated. I will definately check out that book, I've been looking for a good weightraining book. COngrats on DAY 10, WOOHOO!!!!!! Good job swimming and Tennis!!!!!!

Dena: Great job DENA! Someday I will be able to do all your doing, that's so good. It gives me something to look forward to once I'm really fit. Good job running, walking, aerobics and weightraining. Your really burning that FAT!

Pam: hope your feeling better this week!

Have a nice evening/day!
BUrn those calories !

SHASTA
Old 09-10-2001, 08:30 PM   #13  

Default Yay, this is day 10!

Well, guys, we're really doing it. I'm soooo proud of us!!!!

Jusdoit, I love the fact that you vary your exercise. I know that you are really working your whole body that way.

Shasta, Congratulations on losing 5 inches!!!! You're doing such a great job, exercising to Denise Austin and working out on those weight machines.

Today I walked with my hubby at lunch, rode my stationary bike for 30 minutes and did my Body Flex tape. I wanted to go to the gym, but had to wait for a phone call. Am I the only one in the world without a cell phone? Well, in any event, I'm hitting the gym tomorrow. I love that place!!! I also walked Saturday and Sunday!

We are looking better and better. Let's keep up the great work.
(Hugs),
Dena
Old 09-10-2001, 10:02 PM   #14  

Hi everyone! I haven't been on in so long! Welcome to the newcomers. I have a feeling some of you aren't new - just new to me since I joined this thread at the beginning of the summer. Pam (Tupo Girl) I hope you are feeling better! Dena - I think it's great that you have the challenge for us to get in shape for Thanksgiving. If we have 11 weeks to go, then I am thinking that if I keep on track I should be able to lose 16 pounds. So that's going to be my goal but if the scale slows down and I'm exercising, I'll just be pround of that.

Well, I have been slacking a bit. Our pool is still open and some days it is warm enough to swim and sometimes not. The water was 80 over the weekend and I swam both days. But I haven't been doing my weights or abs or yoga. I can really tell too. My stomach feels huge and flabby and my back has been sore from lack of yoga. I got on the scale this morning (I'd been avoiding it because my sweet tooth has been on the rampage) but I'd only gained a pound. It's amazing how heavy I can feel in the stomach just from not doing ab work.

Well - I am going to try to stick to the challenge. Hope everyone has a great week.
Old 09-12-2001, 12:09 PM   #15  

Good Morning, Everyone!

Sorry I didn't post anything yesterday. It's just as the day went on and the more devastation I saw on TV, the worse I felt. I did manage to walk with my hubby at lunchtime and walk again with him after dinner. It was just so great being with him both times. After yesterday's tragedies, all I wanted to do was be with my hubby. Nothing else really mattered.

Stamper, it's so good to see you here again! We missed you!! Stick with us. We all know how much better we feel when we exercise. Again, glad to have you back here with us!

I'm going for a walk this morning and heading for the gym this afternoon.

Shasta, Jusdoit, Pamela... let's keep at it.

Take care,
(Hugs),
Dena
Closed Thread