Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2001, 04:17 PM   #76  

Lightbulb New WEEK!

Hi Dena, pam, Just do it, Amy, Shauna:

how are you all this very fine day????
It's raining here in washington but never the less it's still a very fine day!!!!!
I've been busy running errands left and right. My mom just came back from Alaska. The important thing is I get my excercise in!
Monday I did Denise kickout for 20 minutes , tuesday- I did 20 minutes of the rower and 20 minutes of weightraining, today- I did Taebo...I'm feeling good this week!
I'm still counting those calories. I seem to be doing alot better, sticking to my calorie goal. I've had my journal for one month now, boy how that helps. My mom noticed that I lost my chin and she says, I walk alot fast now...so good to hear that, so my hard work is paying off. WOOHOO.

Pam-good job on walking! I'm so happy for you riding your bike, woohoo pam!!!! Your doing it!!!!!

Just do it- Now I really must checkout this hotpoint fitness book. I just do dumbell weights...wondering if they have a program for that in the book??? I'm so excited when I get a new fitness book or new aerobics video, so exciting. Good job with weightraining and biking...wohoo...You can do it!!!!!! Burn that butter!

Dena; You poor thing! You rest and get better. Don't be in such a hurry, give your body time to heal!!!! I know it must be hard. I hope you gett better real soon, I'll be thinking of ya!!!!

Shauna:Welcome! Congratulations! I hear you girl, on being a newly wed, I'v been married about one year and 1/2. Same problem....I started cooking lowfat just like within the last month...John lost five pounds...hehe....I didn't really even tell him I was going to start cooking lowfat, just did it, he didn't even complain...hehe. There are some wonderful lowfat recipes out there...You can do it girl!!!! Every little bit helps!!!! So nice to have ya here!

Amy: Welcome...Nice to meet ya! Good job with the kathysmith workout and the weights!!!! Woohoo. I'm so sorry about your breakup...it's good your keeping busy though!!!!! Keep burning that butter!!!! It's nice to have ya here!!! I love kathy smith! That's next on my list of Aeorbic videos.

Stay STRONG, have a wonderful day/evening!

Shasta
Old 10-11-2001, 08:16 AM   #77  
St. Bernard Owner

Hi Ladies,

I did a bad thing last night. I made chocolate chip cookies! Why? I don't really know why. They sounded so good, but the bad part is that my hubby doesn't like chocolate, so the cookies will either be eaten by me, or I'll have to give/throw them away. What's the best suggestion?! I've really gotta get moving on the exercise. I'm trying really hard to drink a lot of water. I was drinking 4-5 quarts/day last summer, but now I have a hard time getting in just one or 2 quarts. I usually drink a lot of coffee or hot tea throughout the day. However, I haven't had any caffeine yet this morning. I am going to have a cup of hot tea in a little bit, but I've had 20 oz. of water on my drive to work this morning. I will finish the water before the tea though and go ahead and refill the water bottle so that it is waiting for me when I'm finished with the tea.

I better get busy with work. I'll let you know later how the day goes. Have a great day!

Shauna
Old 10-11-2001, 03:08 PM   #78  

Height: 5'4"

Hi! Thanks for the welcome!

I haven't been feeling well this week (PMS, etc.). I have not been following the diet too well this week but I figured if I ever deserved a week off this is the week. I worked out yesterday but it was a very easy 27 minute workout (Buns of Steel Step 2000). I didn't do the toning after the aerobic part of the video, and it was my first time through that video so I kept doing the wrong thing and stopping. But like I said, I just didn't feel good. Tomorrow I'll try to do a hardcore workout! And if the weather is like it is today I should walk to school too. It's so nice out!

Keep going, everyone!

Amy
Old 10-13-2001, 10:51 PM   #79  

Well I got up at 7:30 am and did a Stormie OMartin video today! I was going to get up at 7 and bike, but it was pouring and with all the leaves on the ground, it didn't seem very safe. I'm going to try and get up at 7 or 7:30 every day and do a tape now. If I get into the habit, I think I can keep it up. Plus it makes me go to bed earlier. This week was bad with eating for me too (also PMS) plus my mil was here and she's a fabulous cook. I ate emotionally once this week (was actually hungry!) but it's only #3 since July and I'm not doing it every day anymore.

I'm so glad to hear about everyone excercising!! Woohoo! We can do it!

Shauna Rae: do you have any neighbors that you've been wanting to meet or people in the hospital? Maybe you could take cookies to them! Good that you know to get them out of the house though!

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 10-14-2001, 10:19 PM   #80  

Thumbs down

Hi all,

I am a 24 year old librarian who does at least 10 minutes of exercise every day. I started at 290 lbs mid July and now weigh 255 (probably less since my weigh-in is tomorrow). I am 5 foot 7.5 inches and have a medium to large frame size. So far I have done this by journaling my food, drinking at least 2 liters of water per day and exercising! Exercise is my favorite part and interestingly enough, I've always hated it! I, like Amy, do exercise videos. I do a combo of weights, aerobics, and stretching/toning.

Dena, I can relate to you. I had a very nasty broken leg back in March and had to have it surgically repaired. I know have a titanium rod running through my leg from ankle to knee. My leg still aches, parts of my foot are still numb, and I don't have all the rotation I did before. Plus, my foot on the broken leg splays outwards slightly. It has made exercise very frustrating. I was confined to a wheelchair for awhile and am so happy to be able to walk like a normal person that I have really grown to love dancing and aerobics. Unfortunately, I can't do them all the time because my leg ends up hurting. I did get exercise approved by my surgeon, I just want to do everything RIGHT NOW! So, I am alternating aerobics with strength training/toning. Dena, hang in there. It WILL get better.

I end up exercising in the evenings because I need it to unwind from work. I also am lazy and don't like to get up early. I am visiting my future MIL on Thanksgiving and she hasn't seen me since I lost weight. I would love to keep exercising every day until then. So, hope you don't mind if I post on this board!

Thanks,

Kim
Old 10-15-2001, 02:47 PM   #81  

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! Lucy, it sounds like you're making some great progress. I don't know what I would do if I broke my leg and couldn't exercise for a long time. I need to exercise in order to lose weight.

I had a good exercise weekend. Friday, I did about 35 minutes of the Kathy Smith Aerobox workout. That is very hard and my arms were killing me all weekend! Saturday, I went to the gym and did the elliptical for 50 minutes and after, I did some ab work. I hate ab work! Sunday I did a 40 minute step video (Fitness Formula with Kari Anderson) and this morning, I did Kathy Smith's Fat Burning Breakthrough. That's a 50 minute video with intense stepping (I do the hardest segments on the floor rather than on the step), some weight lifting, and some ab work. So I feel good about working out pretty intensely again. I was planning to walk to classes today but it was raining. No workout tomorrow, but hopefully Wednesday morning I can work out and walk!

Have a good week everyone!

Amy
Old 10-16-2001, 07:59 AM   #82  
St. Bernard Owner

Talking i finally did it

Hi! I finally did it last night! I went home and exercised after work. I was doing TaeBo everyday last summer and really dropped some pounds, but when I went home and started up my final year of college, I kinda quit doing it. Last night I did TaeBo and it felt great! I also did some arm exercises, crunches, and leg exercises. I went to bed a little later than usual and I feel great this morning. I went to bed at 10:30, which isn't really all that late, but considering that I get up at 5:00 every morning to get ready for work, 10:30 is late. I'm planning on doing TaeBo again tonight when I get home. I can't wait!

Shauna
Old 10-16-2001, 06:01 PM   #83  

Default Hi Everybody!

I can't type much, so I'll be brief.

I'm feeling a little better. I went to **** and back, but I think I'm on the road to recovery. Fingers crossed. I tried to walk yesterday. i looked like Frankenstein, but nevertheless, I walked. I finally stopped taking painkillers during the day. Waaaahoooo!

Keep up the great work, everyone!

Time to stop typing.
(Hugs)
Dena
Old 10-17-2001, 07:43 AM   #84  
St. Bernard Owner

Dena~I hope you start feeling better soon and that you're able to keep walking and moving around.

Well, I did it again last night! I did TaeBo when I got home and then I really behaved myself, didn't have any pumpkin cookies or ice cream. I just ate healthy portions of spaghetti and drank more water. I'm feeling super today!

Shauna
Old 10-20-2001, 03:13 PM   #85  

Exclamation I'm HERE!!!!

Hi Ladies:
How we all doing this fine day??? I HOPE GREAT!
I've been away quite awhile feels like...but I'm here!!!!!
I havn't felt very good this past week, I don't know what kind of bug it was. Then On Tuesday I was doing this new excercise tape and overextended, my back is a bit sore. But, despite all that I was able to excercise three times last week and three times this week! I'm thankful for that... I just need to rest my back another day or two, I should be back to five times a week hopefully.
I got these news tapes by minna. "fat Eliminator" and "strength and grace". The strength and grace is yoga and pilates and the fat eliminator is a strength video....I'm excited to add this to my routine. I need to sit down and figure all this out...I still want to do weighttraining three times a week and aerobics three times a week and add flexibility in there once a week.
I've been busy shopping for my Aunt in Alaska and running errands with my mom.
BRRRR...it's getting chilly out!!!!

Shauna-rene-good Job doing taebo!!!! It's such a good workout!!!! Good Job not snacking!!!! It feels nice doesn't it?? TO have that control....

Dena- you poor girl!!!!I'm so glad your feeling better!!!!!!! Pretty soon you will be zooming right by us Keep getting better!!!!!! Hope your walk was good!!!!

Amy- you sound like your doing great!!!! So motivating to hear all the workouts your doing....woohoooo...keep it up GIRL!!!!

Lucylost-Welcome! so nice to have you here!!!! Your excercise plan sounds good!!!!! I have just found my love for Aerobics Weightraining is my other love!!!! Feels so good afterwards!

PAM- hey girl, sounds like your doing good with your tape....Stormie Omartin...hmmm never heard of it..how is it???? I'm always on the lookout for good excercise tapes!!!!! I think everybody has PMS days here and there....but tomorrow is a new day right!!!!! Your doing good PAM!!!!!!

JUST DO IT- hey girl, how ya doin????? Sounds like your doing great with your hot fitness plan...wooohooo!!!!! Workouts sounds AWESOME! The snacking...is something I'm trying to work on also, I think I have certain days where I'm more hungry then others...must be hormones....Tomorrow is NEW DAY!!!!

Well girls, STAY STRONG, and BURN THAT BUTTER!!!!

Have a SMASHING weekend...

SHASTA
Old 10-21-2001, 09:30 PM   #86  

Hi everyone, Can I join your challenge to exercise to turkey day?
I usually do the Richard Simmons, dancing to the oldies tapes, because of physical problems, I dont do the whole thing standing up, but do as much as I can, and sit when I have to, I would of never believed before that you can sit and do exercise. Also do a stationary bike, I started at only 3 minutes at a time, now up to 8 minutes, some days I do it twice for that long.
In 98 I had surgeries, one on my back, 17 hours long and almost died, I have had many back surgeries, and usually dont have any trouble getting back to doing things and exercising, but this time... after 1 month, I also broke my pelvic bone, they tried to pin it but wasnt able to, so they removed most of my left pelvic/hip.. and so exercise Has been really really hard, I dont know how many times I went to a physical therapist and quit, because it hurts to much, BUT then
I got a richard simmons tape, I can do alot of it, and it made my legs stronger.. so now am doing it, and adding the bike, so as I get more weight off will try to go back to walking,
Anyway sure didnt mean to write a book
just wanted to introduce myself, my friend Shasta invited me...
I will do some sort of Exercise every day till turkey day,
And look forward to getting to know yall
Kathlean
Old 10-22-2001, 07:25 PM   #87  

Hello to All!

Welcome Kathlean, Shauna-Rene, Amy & Lucy! How's it going, Shasta, Jusdoit and Pam!

Today was the first day back to the gym for me and it felt great! I only spent 20 minutes on the treadmill, but that's all my body would allow after the shock of that black widow bite. A couple of people at the gym wondered where I was, because it had been a whole month since I was there. That was a long time for me. You know something is wrong when you can't move for a month! I used to be so energetic. Well, hopefully, my energy will return back to it's old self.

It still hurts me to type, so I'll stop for now.

Talk to you soon,
(Hugs),
Dena
Old 10-22-2001, 07:48 PM   #88  

Default Hi everyone

I'm sorry I haven't been posting lately. I'm not sure why??? I just haven't been in the mood. But I do lurk and I truly appreciate everyone else's posts.

I was just looking at my exercise log and noticed that for the last three weeks beginning with the first week of October, my workout days have decreased (i.e., week one-5 days, week two-4 days, and week three-3 days). Well, today is day one of week four and I plan on SIX WORKOUTS this week!!!! Yes, I can do it! I ran today on my lunch hour for 38 minutes. Sooo, one day down, five to go.

Dena, I'm so glad to hear you are getting better and stronger every day. Congrats on your first day back to the gym. I'll bet it felt great to be back. Just be careful and PATIENT .

Shasta, so good to see you back too. You're doing great! Take care of your back .

Welcome Kathlean and a big hello to everyone else I haven't gotten to know yet. I'll try to do better at posting this week AND of course exercising .

Take care everyone
Old 10-22-2001, 10:02 PM   #89  

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.
Today I did the Richard Simmons tape, this one also has some toning, and it feels good to get the arms and legs moving and toning. They are sore but its a good sore
Hope everyone has a GREAT week of Exercise, I am finding If I want something, like just to feel better I try to jump on the bike instead of eat, and exercise really does make my mood better.
Take care yall,
Kathlean
Old 10-23-2001, 08:08 AM   #90  
St. Bernard Owner

Hi ladies! Sounds like everyone is doing great! My hubby and I took the puppy for a walk/run last night. It ended up being about a mile, which was great for us to spend time together, get some exercise, and get the puppy used to the leash. He's a 4 month old St. Bernard that weighs 55 lbs., so it was good for him. He did very well with his leash. I'm looking forward to taking him for a walk again tonight.

I weighed in yesterday and I'm down 2 lbs. WOOHOO! I hope that with my persistence, I will see those numbers keep going down on the scale. That'd be wonderful!

Well, I must get busy here at work. Have a spectacular day everyone!

Shauna
Closed Thread