Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-06-2006, 10:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/140/125

Height: 5'7"

Default Stubborn Knee Fat

I have about 15 lbs left to lose, but even when I was at my lowest adult weight (130 lbs at 5'7") I still had that annoying fat on the inside of my knees. Are my only options to lose that fat starving to a skeleton or lipo? Both of those options are unacceptable so I'm trying to decide if I just need to bond with my knees and accept them for the chubby buggers they truly are. But I would sooo love to be able to bend my knees without that lump of fat bulging out. Has anybody been successful at trimming down their knees?
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:50 AM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I would say accept your knees - as long as they bend and flex and help you run and jump and squat and kick things, then they are truly wonderful things.

I have fat knees, fat legs, all over but I DO love them, they are the BEST at kicking things and squats and running and doing all the things I ask them to, and they hardly ever complain!

Your problem also reminds me of a ballet dancer I knew - she was THIN THIN and probably about 90lbs soaking wet. She would moan, "I'm so fat... Look I can pinch an inch!" To pinch this inch she had to bend at the waist... Then pinch the skin that folded there when she bent! Yeah, you're HUGE darlin! This to me, when I weighed over 200lbs.

I don't know if you weight train, but training with weights will dramatically change your body composition and may help you have a lower percentage of fat, which may get rid of your "fat knees".

Also, something which I keep reminding myself of - stuff like fat does tend to squidge around when we bend - try doing a sit-up without producing a belly roll!!! Imagine if stuff didn't move around, we'd be stiff as boards!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote