Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-13-2006, 12:00 PM   #121  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Went out with best intentions at getting my training run in. Ran out of steam about 20 mins in...started getting stitches in my side and my heart just really wasn't into it. Going out of town for work tonight so I am going to get a mile in before I leave today. Be good over the weekend ladies, and run run run!

pachy - I hate it when I cannot get my runs in as well, but it happens I suppose.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 05:17 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 176/162/119

They were late! They called at about 5.30 and said they would be another hour so i went for my run. It was so hot running at that time of day, and I forgot my knee supports so my knees are a little tender today, but nothing like they were a couple of weeks ago. I have until sunday before I run again so they should be fine. On sunday I plan to move ahead with my official week 4 instead of the runs I've been making up for myself this week.

Hope you have a good weekend everyone
Pachyderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:24 AM   #123  

Height: 5'5"

Hey girls! I am not back on the c25k program yet but I am working on increasing my endurance and leg strength. For 10 days now I've been walking on the treadmill. Today's walk was the fastest so far. I walked for 40 minutes at 3mph which totaled 2 miles. The plan is to continue to increase my speed until I am eventually jogging. Being that I am vertically challenged , it shouldn't be too much longer until I have to start jogging to keep up with the moving belt. I'll keep you updated if there's a change in the plan.

Glad you got your run in Pachyderm! Week 4 - here it comes.

Stephie - you are an inspiration to us. Have a good trip this weekend.
webweevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:32 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 258/218/169

Height: 5'9"

Hello all,

Pachyderm - Good for you! Fitting that run in with only an hour and company coming....impressive!! Well done!

I did d2w5 yesterday (8 min run/5 min walk/8 min run) and it went well. I seem to get into a groove after about five minutes. The second eight minutes felt great and went quickly. I'm nervously looking forward to day 3 tomorrow. I'll be sure to report in afterwards.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Shrinking Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:56 AM   #125  

Thank you so much for all of your responses. I really need to start this program back up. When I was faithfully doing it I felt wonderful. You guys are so inspiring that I think I can, I think I can.
The Aunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 10:33 AM   #126  

Idest - I was going back and reading old posts and noticed that when you first posted, you mentioned you were walking 3 to 4 miles everyday. Are you still doing that? If so, are you doing it all at one time?
Old 07-15-2006, 08:13 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 258/218/169

Height: 5'9"

Good morning gang!

I did d3w5 today and it was awesome! The program says twenty mins or 2 miles. I only jogged 1.52 miles in the twenty mins but none the less I am super excited about it. It's the longest and farthest I've ever run. I'm such a nut, it was kind of emotional for me.

The Aunt - Join us! You CAN! You CAN!

Enjoy the weekend all! Happy running! Stay cool!
Shrinking Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 09:46 AM   #128  

well done !!!

were off to do week 2... (well i am not sure but her haha..might go in the middle of week 1& 2 lol ) day 1...

enjoy the sun!!
lou1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 03:13 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 196/163/155

Height: 5'10"

Hi everyone! Still not doing C25K. But tomorrow I am going to the gym with my partner as his guest. I want to see how my shins feel if I try walk/run intervals on the treadmill. It's been so long now that I'll probably be crying like a baby over a 90 second jog...

Pachyderm, you are awesome! How are your knees feeling?

Shrinking Mama, wow! You're making great progress! Eight minutes? That just makes me want to go to bed.

webweevil, I was walking 3 to 4 miles every day until I joined Curves (and it got so hot outside). Now I do Curves three days (with a mile walk to get there and back) and walk three or four days. I was combining the walk days with C25K until my shins gave out on me. Sometimes I do the miles all at once and sometimes I do several walks in a day. Like this morning I got up and walked to the Farmer's Market and back for 3.5 miles and then in about an hour I'm meeting friends for a drink (a mile there and a mile back). So if I know I can break my day into a couple of walks I'll do it. I don't tend to count anything under a mile, though. But you've reminded me... I haven't checked in on the July Walking CHallenge thread in forever-- I better go log my progress!
idest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 08:46 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 165/152/123

Height: 5'1"

Cool Back from Vacation!

Hello to all, including our newcomers! I'm excited that we are growing as a group.

Idest: Keep strengthening those shins, and best to you in starting back up. I think your plan sounds good - take it slow from the start.

ShrinkingMama: Congrats on DAY3 of week 5. I'm seesawing from excitement to yikes for myself, right now. I did an additional Week 4 while I was on vacation and by yesterday actually wrapped it up with a 5 minute run and 8 minute run instead of the last 3 / 5 minute runs that C25K calls for. But I don't know that I'm ready for 20

Pachy: Looks like you are on week 4 too. How's it going? That second day was a killer for me, but after doing the routine again through last week, by the 6th day I had it down.

Webweevil: Good for you signing up for the Sept 30 5K. I think you may surprise yourself. After all, you have over 2 mos to get trained. And like someone else said: you can always revert back to walking when you need to.

Hope Aunt, Stephie, and Lou are having good run days. Stephie, you have inspired me as I trail behind you! Looks like you might be "graduating" soon. Please keep posting here to keep us inspired and encouraged.

Okay, need to hang up for now. My first day for week 5 is tomorrow. Will talk soon.
softballmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 08:51 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 165/152/123

Height: 5'1"

Forgot to say hi Genregirl
softballmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 03:51 PM   #132  

http://www.womenschallenge.co.uk/
we signed up (hyde park one)... must be crazy

just done W1 day 1...(walk 4 run 2 x5) today... not too bad... we did cycle to and from the gym lol we were quite pls with our efforts... & did a high 5 haha and decide this was NOT cool and will not be repeated .. i hope no one saw lol..
Old 07-16-2006, 05:21 PM   #133  

Good going Lou!

I have two high points today. First, today I walked on the treadmill for 62 minutes at 3mph for a total of 3.1 miles. So I know I can walk the full 5k if nothing else. Secondly, I started back on the c25k program - did week 2 day 1. On a concerned note, I seem to have trouble letting go of the handbars on the treadmill. When I do let go, I start wobbling. This is the case when walking and running. I cannot let go for more than 15-20 seconds before wobbling. When I force myself to let go of the handbars, I can tell I am not landing on my feet properly and start getting slight twinges in my ankles. As long as I am holding on with one hand, I am okay. Strange? I should note that when walking outside, at the mall, wherever, I have a hard time walking straight as well. I tend to steer to the left or right slightly. Maybe it is a family thing. I notice that my mother and grandmother do it as well.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:02 PM   #134  

webweevil: walking is our back up plan!.. as we worked out we will only be on week 8.. unless we make sure we go everyother day ... and should make up training time !... eek...

maybe jog slower and ban holding on until you feel more confident..
before i started this plan i had NEVER run on a traedmill i have many cisions of flyng offthe back etc..

... or maybe lightly touch the bar... rather than grabbing on... so you can feel it there if u need it.. but your posture isnt compromised... and you wont feel like your going to twist an ankle (or 2!) ...

lou x
Old 07-17-2006, 05:07 AM   #135  

S/C/G: 176/162/119

Good morning everyone

Well I did d1w4 yesterday, and it was sooooooo hot I felt like I was going to be sick from about half way through the first 5minute run, but I kept going and managed to finish it and get home afterwards without collapsing! Then I looked in a mirror, I have never been that colour before now. I am naturally someone who goes beetroot in colour when hot or exercising, but I swear I was almost purple! Roll on day two!

Shinking Mama well done on the 20 minute run! I can't believe that I'll be able to run for that long!

Softballmom welcome back, how was the holiday? Hope today's run goes ok

Idest how are your shins? Did you manage to do some running on the treadmill?

Webweevil congratulations for getting back to the running you are obviously very self-motivated. How are the knees? Do you need to let go of the handrail? What about buying some ankle supports to keep your ankles in line while running or walking? I have no idea I'm afraid, but those are just some of my thoughts

Lou congrats on the running. Keep going
Pachyderm is offline   Reply With Quote