Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2001, 06:59 PM   #31  

Well I'm back. I work on a military base so thus my lack of posting. It's hard to believe that this is happening to our country. I pray that everyone is safe as well as their families. Thankfully I've been spared from any losses. My heart aches for those that aren't. It's been so very stressful here. It's hard for me to get on base to get to work with heightened security. I go home at night exhausted from stress. With the long lines waiting to get into work I've been doing my commuter tape which has helped me relax a little. But I've done very little else. I hope all is well and that you all can check in to let us know!

Barbg-I'm so glad you're still posting! It was nice to see your post after I've been away so long. I'm glad all is well with you and I so agree with you about taking care of ourselves. Now is the time to keep ourselves strong and healthy. I've made up my mind to do at least some O every evening just to help me relax. My sleeping has been very unsettled. Hopefully this will help. Thanks for being here Barb!

Mickey-thanks for the info on Curves! It sounds like a great program. Once I get myself back together I'll check into our local Curves to see what the cost is. I hope all is well with you and that you are making friends with O! Please check in to let us know how you are doing.

Okay I'm off of work. I need to get some rest. I'll try to post more often. I'm sorry for not posting too much but hopefully things will get better.

Take care and God bless you all and America!
Old 09-18-2001, 08:04 PM   #32  

Hello all! I've got a few questions. Saw the commercial for oxycise a couple of days ago and would like to hear from you if you think it really works. If so..how. I haven't gone to the website yet that someone gave in reply to Mickey's question, but I will. However, I would like your honest comments. I am a WW but thought this might be something to help me become healthier in conjunction with that program. Just what all is involved? Comments, please! Thanks in advance.

New-Me
Old 09-18-2001, 08:10 PM   #33  

Just tried the website you gave but it didn't work.

New-Me
Old 09-22-2001, 06:30 PM   #34  
Hang In There

New-Me, I tried out the Oxycise site too, and found it is under re-construction. For the meantime try www.oxyciseplus.com
Old 09-23-2001, 02:56 PM   #35  
Hang In There

Default Rose...

I just say a picture of the San Diego Human Flag. Are you part of it?
Old 09-25-2001, 11:50 AM   #36  

Default Barb,

I saw an informercial about Oxysizing. I already have the beginners tape, but haven't done it yet. I was wondering if it really works. I really would like your input about it. Can you really lose weight and inches? Thanks.

Alice
Old 09-30-2001, 10:39 PM   #37  
Hang In There

Default Hi Alice!

Believe it or not, it does work!!!the only problem is that you have to actuall do it. It doesn't help to have the tape sit on the top of the VCR.
When I do do my Oxycise on a regular basis, the scales not only go down, but it is amazing how much better you look. I can do it every day for about two weeks and I have people I hardly know tell me how good I look, and how much weight have I lost.

NOW why don't I do it every day???

Also this is usually a pretty good thread they're about four or five of us that Oxycise more or less regularly and post her. It's not nearly as busy as the Over 40 thread, but we do try to support each other. Great to have you join us.
Old 10-01-2001, 10:33 AM   #38  

Default Hi!

Barb, thank you for your welcome and incentive to dig out my tape and actually do it!!!

Alice
Old 10-02-2001, 06:48 PM   #39  

Hi everyone!

First of all I have to say I'm sorry for being gone so long. It's the end of the fiscal year here at work so I've been very busy. I haven't done O in a while and I sure can tell that I haven't been doing it too. I have to get back on track. It's really the only thing that helps.

Barbg-I'm so glad you are still hanging in here! It's so nice to log on and see your post. I thought this thread was going to fade away but you've kept it alive! Thanks for the support. How is the O going for you?

Alice-Hi and welcome. I hope you try Oxycise. It really does work but you have to do it consistently like Barb said. It really helps the energy level that's for sure. I really miss it when I don't do it and can tell the difference. I hope you decide to join us.

Hi New-Me-A big welcome to you. I hope you had success with the oxyciseplus website! It took me a while to find it too. So many sites are changing. This one included. So what do you think about O? I hope you join us here.

Nancy-where are you? We miss you. I hope all is well with you and your family! Please check in.

Okay I'm going to post it here. I will do O tomorrow morning! Level 2. Okay I said it now I have to do! Have a nice evening everyone.
Old 10-04-2001, 08:41 AM   #40  

Talking Remember Me???

WoW! This feels good. Being back on the Oxycise Thread! I hadn't realized how long it's been since I've been gone, but the computer said 69 DAYS!!!! Yikes!

Needless to say, life has been CRAZY. Back in March I got a part-time job to help me pay off some bills. Then in May, my boyfriend/roommate moved out so I needed to up my hours to be able to afford the rent. Then in July I was introduced to this really great guy who eventually moved in and became the roommate I desperately needed. The problem is that we were originally introduced on the romantic level, and while there is attraction, neither of us is ready for anything serious... SO, sometimes it's a bit stressful around the house. I mean, imagine living with a beautiful man who is funny and smart and fun to be around, but you can't touch him? And it's not even him that's really preventing anything... it's me too! I mean, I just got out of a relationship, and jumping right into another one would be more destructive than anything...

Problem is, between working so much and this new roommate situation my anxieties have been working overtime and I've been looking for different ways to relax. Then, I remembered all the Oxycise tapes sitting on the bookshelf! Yes, it is time to start up again! Time to start getting more oxygen to the brain! Time to start focusing on myself and not worrying about things I can't control!

Needless to say, with everything going on, I have been losing weight. I am down to 160 (20 pounds since January - woohoo!). I know it's not much, but hopefully since it's been such a slow loss, any re-gain will be even slower... How did I do it? You live with a hot roommate and tell me if you can eat bad food!

So tonight, after I get home from work, I will be doing my Level 1 to get back into the swing of things. It's good to be back!

And Barbg - thanks for keeping in touch with the e-mails!!!!! They have been wonderful!
Old 10-04-2001, 03:43 PM   #41  
Hang In There

Default ok,oK,ok...

If everyone is going to get back on the Oxycise track I guess I'd better do that too. But... I can't start anything on Friday, so Monday will be the day, or maybe Sunday.. Anyway I need to get serious for the next three weeks. Then we leave for our convention in Las Vegas and I want to be Slim & Trim & Whatever for that. I've been working on my hairstyle and am finally getting it in shape. I went to a hairdresser about 6 months ago that really ruined my hair. She gave me the perm from ****...and it's been a long six weeks, but I've finally gotten it back in shape and gotten a new perm, and next week I get more color, and then I think I'll be able to look decent for a while

Well, I'm at work, so I need to get off the net and get back to work.
Closed Thread