Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2001, 11:50 AM   #1  
Determined to succeed.

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5' 3"

Default Help on kicking a plateau!!

I started out losing weight just fine, but now I am not losing at all. I am exercising and eating well and drinking plenty of water (though I do have my bad days). I need some advice on how to get off this dang plateau!

Thanks in advance for the advice,
Nancy
Old 08-20-2001, 03:53 PM   #2  

Check out "The Library" forum (at the end of the WW section). It has a great article on plateaus.

Once in "The Library", change the showing threads info at the bottom to show all the article from the last year and you will find all kinds of useful WW information.

Old 08-29-2001, 03:48 PM   #3  

There are so many different things it could be. I plateaued after losing about 30 pounds- stayed the same for about three weeks. I looked at my food journal and realized I hadn't been eating NEARLY enough fat (was only getting 5-10% of my daily calories from fat). I made a point to add more into my diet the next week, and dropped instantly.

Of course, that was just me. Who knows what it could be for you. Read the article in the library, under Weight Watchers, as gsc4 suggested. It covers the multiptide of reasons for plateaus. Good luck busting it!
Closed Thread