Not always about the pounds lost

• I was in an 8-week contest/challenge at the gym called "summer slim-down". Each day we had little 15 minute work shops we could do and stuff like that. They basically showed us how to have a QUALITY work out in a mere 15 minutes. Anyway, I went religiously and every time we attended a work shop or an aerobics class we got a sticker. Got a sticker for keeping a food journal as well as a fitness journal. Anyway....

The bad news is in 8 weeks I lost only 5 pounds (not my usual weight loss in that time - I'm use to about 2-3 pounds a week) BUT...my total inches lost = 15 INCHES!!!!!! You read that correctly. 15!! I have "definition" in my upper arms now, and I just feel.....great about myself. I can't wait to get to my goal - only 30 some pounds left.

This has been the longest "journey" I've ever had to travel and it's taken me so long to reach this point. I am totally looking forward to the next 30 pounds lolol
  • WOW!! Congrats! You are absolutely right--the number on the scale shouldnt matter so much!
  • That is amazing. Well done! What kind of 15min exercises were you doing?

I've been grumbling about my lack of weight loss and brushing ppl off telling me that I look more toned. But maybe now I'll believe ppl!
  • Quote: That is amazing. Well done! What kind of 15min exercises were you doing?

I've been grumbling about my lack of weight loss and brushing ppl off telling me that I look more toned. But maybe now I'll believe ppl!
    I'll get the papers and then post in the exercise forum for those who are interested....but right now it's lunch time for my kids.