Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-05-2006, 04:00 PM   #1  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Default UGGGH!! What do I do??

I really have a HUGE dilemma when it comes to exercise. I finally started doing cardio 3 times a week. I am doing the Couch to 5k program. With doing that and cutting calories I have recently lost over 15 pounds. The problem? There are areas of my body that are truly disgusting and I want to start improving, but don't know where to start.

My stomach and midriff- The stomach is large, but even worse is my midriff. It sticks out further than my boobs. I am not flat chested at all. Most shirts cling to it, so I am stuck wearing things that aren't stylish. It's so depressing.

My arms (tricep and bicep area) - Not only are they saggy, but it's also "bubbly" and has pockets of fat. I can't wear really short sleeves.

Upper Thighs- Again, the bubble or pocket of fat.

So, my questions are... what are good exercises for these areas? I don't belong to a gym, but I do have weights, stability ball, and DVD/VCR player. Am I best using videos such as the Biggest Loser or the abs/arms/thighs of steel? I realize that this will take a long time to tone and I'm not aiming for a super flat, tight body, but I just want to be normal.

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice? Please help, this is really bumming me out!

Thank you in advance!!
rebelridergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 05:26 PM   #2  

You are already doing the best thing, lots of cardio! You gotta keep burning that fat! And do your toning too. I'd be inclined to stick to your Cto5K every second day, on off day one do your video and on off day two do a circuit with your ball and weights. There are heaps of sites with ideas. A stability ball makes a nifty weight bench. I do everything on that, chest presses, tricep curls, heaps of different exercises.

I think it was about 210 lbs or so I noticed my boobs were sticking out further than my stomach. I have boobs now, before it was just one continuous line when I stood to the side.

The fat will come off from wherever it wants to, but if you start concetrating on toning up now, once it comes off, you will have something nicer underneath!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 05:42 PM   #3  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

kykaree, I remember you from when I used to come here before. 'ello! Looks like your doing great. I went on depakote and gained all the weight I"d lost back so now I"m starting over!

and rebel, kykaree has it all right, keep at the cardio and start toning, once the weight comes off you'll have already been toned up underneath! Good luck!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 05:33 PM   #4  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Thank you so much for the responses lottie and Kykaree! I think that you are right and that when I get in the lower 200's I'll notice more definition. I am going to do some online searches for good workouts.

Thanks!
rebelridergirl is offline   Reply With Quote