Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-23-2006, 05:26 PM   #1  
Working it out...

Height: 5"8

Default GPS Tracker/Trainer?

Does anyone have a GPS-enabled device that tracks your speed and distance while walking/running outside? I would really like to get myself one for my birthday coming up. I'm about to start hiking on weekends and it would be great to also be able to track miles, etc.

Suggestions, reviews, and warnings all appreciated.

Last edited by ThisGirlsLosing; 04-24-2006 at 10:33 PM.
ThisGirlsLosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 07:11 PM   #2  
Running Wild

mine is not a pedometer so to speak. in other words it doesnt count steps taken.

however i have a Garmin Forerunner. you can use it as a pedometer though. once you start a new run (or walk), it tracks your pace and how far you are going. it works off of gps signals much like what you might be looking for.

the one i have runs about $99 but are kinda hard to find (at least in Houston), most places like Sports Authority, or outdoor places do have them. i got mine off of ebay for $79 though and i LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!

it even tracks your calories per mile based on your speed and all that (you have to set your profile with your weight to get accurate calories spent)..

anyway everyone i know has a Garmin. they come in different levels but all i needed was the bottom of the line one!!! works great!!
JustJuneBug is offline   Reply With Quote