Not working up a sweat.

• I've worked out off and on for about 3 years. And in all that time I've never been able to work up a nice satisfying sweat. I'm dry as a bone after 30 minutes of cardio. Am I just not working out hard enough? My family said it may be because I don't drink enough water, but I drink water all the time.

I'm sure some of you think I'm lucky that I don't have to worry about being all sweaty and such after a work out. But it feels as though I'm hardly doing anything without the sweat to show how hard my body is working.
  • I just started drinking all my water again about a week and a half ago. I haven't been drinking it for about two weeks and during that two weeks I didnt sweat nearly as much as I do now that I am drinking 4 liters a day. It would be after 20 min I would feel it starting at 60 I would be kinda wet. Now I am DRIPPING by 60 and I feel it start to drip around 30. Huge difference the water makes But not everyone sweats.
  • Well, sweatiness aside, how do you feel when you’re working out? A better indicator of weather you’re working out hard enough is your heart rate. Many gyms have equipment that will automatically read out your HR and there are devices that you can wear on your body that will measure your HR. If you don’t have access to either you can simply take your pulse for 10 seconds and multiply that by 6 that will give you your BPM. Check out this thread for more info about your target heart rate:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78322

Hope that helps.
  • Have you ever had your kidney function checked? When my husband was in kidney failure (he had a transplant) he wouldn't sweat a drop.
  • Quote: I've worked out off and on for about 3 years. And in all that time I've never been able to work up a nice satisfying sweat. I'm dry as a bone after 30 minutes of cardio. Am I just not working out hard enough? My family said it may be because I don't drink enough water, but I drink water all the time.

I'm sure some of you think I'm lucky that I don't have to worry about being all sweaty and such after a work out. But it feels as though I'm hardly doing anything without the sweat to show how hard my body is working.
    wow! same here! no matter how hard i workout.i hardly break a sweat and i drink Tons of water! what`s the deal?!
    Smoochez*
    Maryann
  • if you are feeling exerted, it might just be that you sweat less than others. my husband is this way-- he sweats only when he is running hard AND it is hot outside. if it is just hot, or if he is running and it is not too hot, he doesn't sweat. when we were in india, he (and his family) would be dry even though the temp was 120F!!! so i think part of it is genetics.