help finding fat vs muscle wt article?

• Hi.

A while back I recall someone posting an article regarding the fat vs muscle weight controversy. The article rebukes the "I'm going to the gym now and not losing weigt. But I'm gaining muscle, and since muscle weighs more than fat it's good"

I'm interested in taking this article to my next WW meeting, because I hear that excuse regularly. I don't want to rain on anyones parade, but at the same time I fell for it for a while too. I'd like to present this article to our leader and let her decide if it's worth mentioning to the group......
  • There's a sticky at the top of this forum called Working Out - And Gaining Weight? - could that be it? Or the Top Ten Exercise Myths sticky?

That's really a pet peeve of mine too! A woman who's lifting heavy weights in a rigorous training program - if lucky - might be able to put on five pounds of muscle in a year. It doesn't happen with a week of walking!!
  • Thanks Meg-

I saw the myths thread but I missed the other, which I think is the one I was looking for. With this antique dial-up connection, which is all we can get here, it takes forever to go thru all the possibilities to find something specific.... You really saved me some time!
  • Dial up?

Glad I could help!