3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   No Sweat, No Stink Exercise (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/81071-no-sweat-no-stink-exercise.html)

Less of Lena 04-07-2006 11:08 AM

No Sweat, No Stink Exercise

Does it exist?

One of the (many) reasons I don't like working out is that it absolutely requires a shower after. A mere half hour workout ends up taking at least twice that long when you add in all the prep time, before and after. Even just taking a brisk walk of more than 10 minutes (especially if you walk outside) makes you stinky.

I'm not talking about underarm stinky, which can be controlled with deoderant. I'm talking oozing from the pores stinky -- that sort of stinky aura.

For those of you who work in offices and walk during lunch, don't you worry about that? Can't your co-workers smell you when you get back inside? I know I can smell people and it often just makes me gag. I've been told I have a very sensitive nose because I pick up odors most people can't detect. Is it just me, then?

Has anyone found an exercise that is effective and yet allows you to mingle with society right after without offending? I'd be more inclined to exercise if I could go do more interesting things immediately after, rather than having to take yet another shower.

Oh, I am NOT a morning person, so getting up early and working out before my morning shower is NOT an option. Tried it once, nearly fainted.

((sigh)) I hope you can enlighten me to something I've missed.

Only Me 04-07-2006 11:55 AM

Other than swimming or aqua aerobics, which is still going to require a shower afterwards, I don't think it's much of a workout of you don't get sweaty. Personally, I don't bother showering after a walk or a leisurely bike ride, but anything more vigourous than that is going to work up a sweat and I'm more comfortable if I shower afterwards.

LadyFirelyght 04-07-2006 12:29 PM

You know what I do if I know I'm going to be stinky and not have time/opportunity for a shower? I carry a little bit of perfume with me. Cover it up with perfume and none will be the wiser!

wildlifebio 04-07-2006 12:52 PM

I work on an army post and I get an hour of paid PT every morning. I do work out, get sweaty, but don't get to take a shower. So after I get back from working out I cool my body down and chill for about 15- 30 minutes before I change into my normal clothes. Then I bring wet wipes and wipe off - then I spritz with body spray. I feel fine and haven't had any complaints about stinkage. But since I am a biologist and I work both in and outdoors I always wear my hair in a pony tail. I think hair would be my issue about working out in the morning if I wore it down for work - cause it would be funky. I am lucky enough to be able to throw on a bandana if it is a rough hair day here.