Thinking of joining

• I have been contemplating joining Curves and just wanted to get opinions about it from those of you who are doing it. What appeals to me is a workout in 30 minutes because with a parttime job, two kids etc, finding workout time is difficult for me. When I go to the YMCA, other than the treadmill, I'm not sure what I should be doing, etc. I suppose there are people who are really good at figuring out their own workout, but I'm not one of them unfortunately and when it takes me forever to get in what *I* feel is a good workout, I get easily bored, discouraged and my mind gets swamped with all the things I know I need to be done at home.

So, to not make this any longer, what kind of results are you all seeing with Curves? Does the workout get monotonous? Any insight would be so helpful!
  • After reading your post, I think Curves would be a great option for you! I really enjoy working out there, and the staff is always willing to help if you need it. You probably won't need much help, though, because of how everything is set up.

It can't hurt to go and check it out.
  • I love Curves! Here is a link for Reviews.
  • I joined on the 15th of last month and now my mil has joined.

I've lost 7 lbs and 10 inches so far! I really love it! I was going 3 days a week but I stepped it up to 4-5.

It can't hurt to check it out!
  • I go whenever I go into town, 2-3 times a week.... (my closet Curves is 16 miles away ) Not something I can handle with the gasprices so I make it when I go shopping for grocerys lol......

I see the sculping of my body rather the weightloss..I have lost 5 lbs,,then gained it back, (steroids are great arnt they?) Now working it again and lost 4 lbs so far.....
    is it a good thing of course......any workout is a good thing. Plus its right for almost anyones time shedule.
  • You sound a lot like me ! Lakegirl ..I did the same thing you are doing... and based on the feedback from these chicks I opted to try it ..on a month to month basis... (cause I am notorious for joing yearly plans and stop going ) I just finished my first month'- and got my first month measurements... I lost 8 pounds - 3 fat, and a total of 14.25 inches! I'm not bored.. it goes by fast and like you said, it's pretty "brainless" just do it and you are in and out in 35 minutes. I say try it for a month... see what your results are .....
  • I've been a member at curves for over a year and I like it a lot. It's great for getting started if you don't know what to do at a regular gym.

I did find that I needed more and ended up joining a second gym so I could work out everyday and that is expensive paying for 2 places!
  • Well, I am trying the two weeks trial that is currently being offered if you bring in two Bounce UPC code things. So, I am set up for this Wedesday after work. I will report back with how everything goes!
  • Good for you! Enjoy your workout!