Exercise Accountability -- April

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
  • http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81791

Check out that thread about the rebounder - its a mini trampoline. I jog on mine (2 minutes average speed, 1 minute sprinting) for 35 min - its great for your lymphatic system and really gets the heart pumping and the sweat flying. Plus, its quiet enough that you can watch TV, and its easy on the knees because there is no hard "stop" of hitting the ground like in jogging, you just glide back up because of the elasticity of the trampoline. You can also do jumping jacks on them, or just bounce up and down.

Amanda
  • That sounds like fun. I think resistance bands would be fun too.
  • The weather cleared and I did go for a short bike ride. The first hill I came to reminded me that I'd already done legs today!

I also realised that to get my 100 k in in April, I have to bike 40 kms in the next 6 days. Oi!
  • Yet another day of my routine - 35 min rebounder, 45 min resistance bands and stability ball. Excited that I appear to be on track, also that I've had a lot of luck getting myself out of bed an hour and a half earlier to fit in the exercise. Want to get myself on a sleep schedule that promotes workouts in the morning, because my track record is pretty clear that if I have to work out in the evening, I won't do it.
  • Today a quick back, chest, biceps, tricep workout... run at 4pm...
  • Still on track - 35 min rebounder, 45 min resistance. Feeling good and getting into the groove :-). Plan to up rebounder time, if poss, by 5 min tomorrow for extra hard workout. Also added an additional move onto the rebounder that -really- worked my calves, just to mix it up.
  • Was feeling especially perky today - added an arm workout with 5 lb. weights. The stability ball workout I do includes all major muscle groups, but the little extra kick on my arms was nice.
  • Stability Ball and cardio this morning - didn't have time to kick up to 40 minutes, but stayed in at 80% of max heart rate for 30 of the 35 minutes, so I'm happy with it. Plan on putting in a leg workout on my lunch.
  • I know I'm posting this all over the place but I'm excited about it. I got my heart rate monitor!
  • This morning - woke up feeling like a workout was the last thing I wanted - actually hit the snooze button, intending to take today off...then in about 5 minutes felt so bad about being lazy that I got up and got my workout in...30 min. cardio, 40 min. stability ball/resistance bands.

Of course, once I DID it I felt good - but very proud of me for getting out of bed, it was definitely a fight.

Will do arms/shoulders/abs on my lunch.