Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2001, 11:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

Default Everyday Exercisers ~ Wednesday 8/1

Welcome to Everyday Exercisers -- a daily thread that focuses on healthy weightloss and overall fitness through regular exercise. Our goals are to stay active, stay hydrated, and make healthy eating choices. We share our exercise plans for the week, and check in each day to share our progress...and our set-backs. Here you'll find a supportive and encouraging environment in which to pursue your fitness goals, and a community of people who share your commitment to fitness and provide motivation and inspiration to each other. Welcome!

And a special welcome to smiling sal and tupo_girl
Old 08-01-2001, 11:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

Default Today was a busy day

9:30-10:00 I rode my bike to town (about 8 miles since I am having my DH drop me off part way there).
10:00 - 12:00 Physical Therepy
12:00 -1:00 Yoga
I was so pooped after yoga (it was a different instructor and this one did almost all strength moves) that I didn't lift weights. My plan is to go back to the gym at 5 or 6 pm and do my weight lifting.

Last edited by morrigan; 08-01-2001 at 05:16 PM.
Old 08-01-2001, 01:16 PM   #3  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Morning!

Welcome back, Sal! Smiling or not, I'm happy to see you! I'm glad that your dad is doing ok, and that you can re-commit to our thread! WTG!

Welcome tupo_girl! Congrats on making the choice to become an everyday exerciser, I just know you're gonna love it! BTW, my dh and I are TTC#1 right now. Are you temping? Gotta ask, I'm obsessed!

As for me: one of our truckdrivers got hit by a train this morning, he's okay, but it made for a rather "interesting" morning. Of course, I saw it.... I had just gotten to work, and he was leaving the yard, and didn't see the train, which was backing up, and it hit. Talk about a terrible way to start your day! Anyway, all's well now, and I've finally stopped shaking!

I did get my yoga tape yesterday, and it was pretty good. A little too much for me right now, but I'll keep at it, and it should get a little easier to do. I also went out and hit golf balls around the pasture with dh last night for about an hour, so I'm feeling okay about skipping Curves.

Then this morning, I got up a little early, and because I didn't have time to get to the pool, I did about 20 min. of yoga, so I feel ok. I will be going to Curves after work, and then hopefully, I'll have time to do the yoga tape again tonight. It's only a short one (36 min.) so I should be able to fit it in.

Question of the Day? What is the scariest thing that you've ever seen? Obviously, this question is prompted by the accident this morning, so what about you?

Talk later!
Old 08-01-2001, 03:21 PM   #4  

Default feeling defeated....but not for long!

Okay....here I go again with bad workout news . I had planned on swimming this a.m. but didn't get my butt outta bed . So, I was determined to run on my lunch hour and was actually looking forward to it. I just ran down to the shower to get ready and the showers are CLOSED FOR RENOVATIONS! I'm soooo mad - mostly at myself. This evening my husband has a meeting after work so I'm left to pick up the baby myself. NOTE TO SELF: MUST WORKOUT IN THE A.M.!!!!!!

Now then, tomorrow is another day and I am not giving up. I will be at the gym in the a.m. NO MATTER WHAT. Please don't lose faith in me as an "every-day" exerciser and neither will I .

Smiling Sal - you have a great schedule planned and you're half way through it! Have a good walk/ride today.

Stamper - glad to hear your pre-vacation chores are getting done AND you're still finding time to exercise. GOOD JOB .

Dena - thanks for your encouragement on my 5-day workout plan (even though I blew it BIG TIME ). I know I can do it! Good for you for getting so much walking in. I think that is key that when we don't make it to our regularly scheduled workouts, we improvise. I need to get better at that.

Pamela - welcome and CONGRATS on the 13 pound loss - that's awesome!

Morrigan - you have another excellent workout day planned! Have fun and if you wouldn't mind could you burn a few calories for me .

Marvin - you are doing so well at being consistent with your exercise. Even when you can't make it to the gym, you squeeze SOMETHING else in. That's awesome! I gotta learn....I gotta learn...

As for your question of the day: A couple of years ago a young man either jumped or fell out of a window of a skyscraper across the street from where I was working. I (thankfully) didn't see him fall, but I could see his body laying on the sidewalk from my office window. It seemed like he was laying there for an eternity before they moved him. It was sooo disturbing and sad I couldn't concentrate for the rest of the day.

Sorry to end on such a morbid note.... Every day is a gift
Old 08-01-2001, 06:17 PM   #5  
Theres no stopping me now

Talking

HI all. I walked a bit longer too day did an extra 10 mins & then missed my bike ride. I took the boys swimming & planned to fit it in after that as it's not much exercise for me taking them. They are too young to be left alone in the water while I swim so we all have a splash around & a play on the flumes. Great fun & better for me than sitting on the couch watching TV. But when I came out the pool I started chatting to a friend & it was far too late when I got home.

So it's an early start in the morning to catch up with my pedals & then no more slacking for the rest of the week.

Q of the Day - Scariest thing I every saw was at Blackpool Tower, a seaside town in England. I have no idea how high it is but they have a glass panel in the floor on the top level, that looks right down to the ground a few hundred feet below. You can walk over this but I crept round the edge of it - whilst hugging the wall. I am no good at heights, so why did I go up in the first place??????

Carol
Old 08-02-2001, 12:29 AM   #6  

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Well our AC was broken so I saw in the hot, humid house and sweated all day waiting for the repairman Thank goodness it wasn't a major thing! I went to church with dh tonight but there was no one in the nursery for me to hang out with (hubby's a youth sponsor and the youth room is a little much for me to take with a young one). I went to the mall and walked a mile and then some in it. I got a little bit done at least. We had our final weigh in for the August 1st challenge on the losing 50 pounds after baby board and I lost another pound since Saturday! 14 pounds! I can actually get my size 14 dress pants and jean shorts on and zippered and buttoned. Can't sit down in them yet but hopefully soon!!

Marvinthemartian: we're not temping but I've been putting in all the ovulation dates and trying to guess about timing ~Babydust~ to you!

In Christ,
Pamela
Closed Thread