Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-14-2006, 02:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/226/150

Question Question about Toning Tables

I joined at just ladies fitness,a nd they have the weights and treadmill and all that, but they also have toning tables - at least i think that is what they are called - but you get on each of them for 7minutes, and my mom tells me that they have pretty much the same thing at curves....Do these things really work? Because I sure don't feel like i'm 'exercising' when i am on them!
B&LSMAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 07:29 PM   #2  

What do you do when you are on the table?

I think if the movement is passive, you are doing nothing but having a lie-down. Shaping your body comes from moving it.
northernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:06 PM   #3  

I've never heard of toning tables. I guess we don't have them at our gym. I'd like to hear more about them!
hellcatjill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 12:25 AM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

Sorry never heard of toning tables
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 07:04 AM   #5  

They have then at the gym I have just left. They are of limited benefit, unless you have some sort of disability or specific need and are using them together with a physical therapist. They help with joint mobility, but they don't build muscle, you'd be better spending your time doing a good weight training programme with a trainer.

You don't feel like your exercising when you're on them, because you aren't!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/226/150

Well that is pretty much what i thought. A lot of women go in there with their books and read while they are doing them, but they seem to me to be a waste of time, and since you all pretty much agree with me, then I will stick to the things that i feel are really going to help!! By the way, my mom did tell me this morning that some woman she was talking to went from a size 12 to a size 6 in 9 months, so i guess that would be the limited benefit!Thank you guys!!
B&LSMAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 07:08 PM   #7  
Kimmy

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/130

Height: 5 foot nada

We have toning beds here where i'm from and the last time I went to them I found they worked. If you work with them and incorperate things like weights and really use your muscles when you are on them they can be very beneficial. The only time in my life I can say I had an *** that could break a walnut was then . Tight, very tight. My other half thought that i got really toned on them and I plan on going back when I get some of this weight off now. It is really good for toning after the weight is off. You still lose inches though while on them.

hope this helps you some.

Kim
nibs is offline   Reply With Quote