Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2002, 09:06 PM   #106  

Good evening Ladies
Anne - believe me I know i am no expert. I just do as much as I can, and when it gets to be to much... I just walk & catch my breath. I know how you feel about having to pay WW for gaining weight, but here we have to pay for missed weeks anyway, so i figure I might as well get my money's worth.

Jen - Way to go on finding a video at the pawn shop, I never thought to look there. I have a friend who went garage shopping a while back and found lots of exercise tapes for like $ 1.00 each.

I didn't walk on the treadmill or do a exericse video... instead I walked the dog for 1 mile.
we'll I need to run... I need to work on my taxes........

talk to you all tomorrow...
Old 03-13-2002, 03:15 AM   #107  
Mooz

Good morning ladies. It is a beautiful day here in Ireland today. It is a bit frosty but the sun is shining and it is not even 8 am yet.
I am going to tackle Billy Blanks later on this morning after I have done my usual 2 mile morning walk. I think I actually get plenty of exercise and would lose this weight if only I could control the food side of it and I don't know if I will ever be able to do that. I feel good about it this morning and feel in control but I have felt like this numerous of times over the past 20 years and everything would be going well for a few days and then for no reason that I know of I just want to eat and so all the good work of a few days is gone in a few hours
Have any of you ladies any advice for me about staying in control of my food all the time as this is where my problem lies.I suppose this is the problem of most of the people who write on this forum

I have a lot of cleaning to do today as my hubby was sanding down the walls in the bathroom last night and the dust seems to have gone everywhere around the house The bathroom used to have wallpaper on it and then he stripped it and put emulsion on it but after a few weeks the paint started flaking off so now he has to sand down the walls to get rid of all the paint before he treats the walls with something and then paints them again.
I will be glad to see it finished and I know he will too.
Will call later.
Anne
Old 03-13-2002, 10:13 AM   #108  

Happy Wednesday Ladies!

Anne: I would consider myself and excellent TaeBoer.
That one deserves two laughs! Work on the form and alinement of the body first. And go at your own pace then as time goes you will be able to pick up speed. Even though I thought that I was in fair condition I found the tapes to be VERY challenging and it took a while before I could do the whole thing now I'm working on putting more engery into it. Keep us posted on your progress.

I ordered some new Denise Austin tennis shoes off QVC this morning I hope they work. I have such a hard time with tennis shoes, first I have wide and thick toes (runs in my family) and if they come up on the ankle it just kills me. It rubs on that little bone, I have fat ankles too, another family trait. My family calls me the QVC queen, I love gadgets and we live in a rural area so we don't have much of a shopping area. The internet has given me such wonderful shopping opportunities. DH says he can tell by the credit card bills!! Oh well those bills make a good incentive to get up and go to work every morning. It won't be long before yard sales start up, do any of you like them or flea markets. I love old stuff and like to refinish furniture when time allows.

I better get busy, time a wastin.
Old 03-13-2002, 11:09 AM   #109  
Mooz

Hello again ladies - this is the first time I have reported back twice on the one day
I did Billy Blanks Tae Bo 2 today and I thought I got on all right with it but I think I will need to go back to the instructional to make sure that I am doing the moves right.
Semo: We don't have yard sales here in Ireland but we do have car boot sales. I usually call in just to see what is for sale and sometimes I would set up a stall and try and get rid of some of my own junk. Do most people take part in the yard sales? Refinishing furniture sounds really interesting - did you teach yourself or did you go to classes to learn about it?
The sun is still shining here and it is 4pm and I am feeling good.
Will call back later and check the post - this is very addictive. Anne
Old 03-13-2002, 01:34 PM   #110  

Hello ladies!

Well, I had decided to not exercise when I got up this morning cuz my back was tweaked, but now since I've been up and around a bit, it's feeling much better so I think I'll try the new video I got yesterday. I'll pop in later and let ya know how it goes.

Jen
Old 03-13-2002, 03:21 PM   #111  

I'm back again, so how's everyone's day going?

Anne, I started re-doing furniture when hubby and I first married. (32 years ago) We didn't have the $ for new things so I just took what anyone would give us and then picked up some used stuff here and there. Over the years I have developed a love for antiques and have collected some nice things most of which I have re-done myself. (Okay so I'm cheap) It's just something about the workmanship on the older pieces that I love. Same with jewelry, I check pawn shops for estate pieces too. Most of those I can't afford, but I still like to look and occasionally I find a real bargain.

Jen: Now you have made me feel guilty for not exercising this AM. I hate it when I don't do it first thing in the morning, because I've thought about it all day. Then when I went home for lunch there were my new FIRM workout tapes that I had ordered. I ordered some of the older ones....cheap.

Patty and Lauri, how are you guys doing today?

Back to work for me.
Old 03-13-2002, 03:59 PM   #112  

Well, I done it. 30 minutes of aerobics and the 8 minute Tae Bo. I upped my caloried intake to 1400 yesterday and that seemed to give me that little boost. I think 1200 was too few for someone working out almost every day. I had lots of energy through my workout instead of feeling like a limp noodle.

Anyhoo, my little one is taking a nap, and that is a rare occasion so I think I'll go renew my blondness with Miss Clairol .

Talk at ya later,
Jen
Old 03-13-2002, 07:43 PM   #113  

Hello Ladies -
It was another busy day at work & I wasn't able to get on line. Tomorrow is my weigh in day... I sure hope I do good. I not much into garage sales, but my brother is... He is alwaying going to estate sales & garage sales. He has found alot of good buys. When I go I always seem to find junk. It's a beautiful day here so i'm probably going to just walk the dog again tonight. Maybe we'll do 2 miles...

Jen - I'm glad to hear you have more energy today.. I think 1200 was to low for you...

Semo - I try & stay away from the QVC channel, how do you think I ended up with the taebo 6 pack tapes or the Leslie Sanone tapes..

Anne - Are you journaling & drinking your water? I know for me when I don't journal I don't realize what all I have eaten. When I journaling, I guess I feel in control of what I should eat. Now there are days, when I feel like i'm starving & sometimes I do go over my points but I try and eat more fruits or veggies. I try to make better choices.
Old 03-14-2002, 03:15 AM   #114  
Mooz

Good morning ladies. The sun is shining here in Ireland today again and after reading all your replies I am feeling motivated again.I think you are all writing when I am in my bed and so I get all your messages in the morning which is good for me so don't you dare stop!

SEMO You are getting me very interested is starting to look for bargains and antiques. You must get a great sence of achievement when you buy some old piece of furniture and do it up like new again

JEN Hope you got on well with Miss Clairol
I think 1200 calories was too little for you to be eating especially when you have two little children to look after.
I think 1400 calories is about 20 WW points which I know if I could stick to it I would definately lose weight.

PATTY I do try to drink about 2 litres of water each day. I have a 1 litre bottle which I fill every night before I go to bed and keep it in the fridge and I have my first glass of water immediately after my breakfast - in fact it is sitting in front of me now as I type this. :wink:
My downfall is journaling - how did you guess? Are you kicking my butt now? I find it really hard to keep my journal - I can do it for the first two days after weigh-in but then it just falls by the wayside OK, just for you, as I have 6 days to go before I weigh-in again .I shall keep my journal just to see if it makes any difference

OK I'd better go and get on with the day.
Will call again.
Anne
Old 03-14-2002, 10:05 AM   #115  
Mooz

Default Irish stuff in the run up to St Paddy's Day

An Irishman's Life Philosophy

"In life, there are only two things to worry about, either you are well, or you are sick. If you are well, there is nothing to worry about, but if you are sick, you have two things to worry about; either you will live, or you will die. If you live, there is nothing to worry about, if you die, you have two things to worry about; either you will go to heaven or to ****. If you go to heaven, there is nothing to worry about, but if you go to ****, you'll be so busy shaking hands with your friends, you won't have time to worry!"
Old 03-14-2002, 10:09 AM   #116  
Mooz

Default To all you ladies

AN IRISH BLESSING

May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.
Old 03-14-2002, 10:23 AM   #117  

Good Morning to All! I started my day with a Yoga for Dummies tape and side kicks (25 on each side) this morning. I seem to have everything under control except my eating. Gosh, I get better at one thing then sort of drop the ball on something else. This is just my second time through the Yoga tape (once thru Journal Yoga for beginners and then the Yoga for Dummies) Have any of you tried yoga? It really makes your muscles feel so good after a stretch. I'm going to try and do these every other day and TaeBo or Firm on the next. I bought some of the older Firm tapes and they were delivered yesterday, but I haven't been able to watch them yet. If I keep adding to my video collection I'll be able to start an exercise tape rental soon.

Well I have bills to pay and invoices to run. I'll check back later.

Old 03-14-2002, 11:30 AM   #118  

Mornin ladies!

Well, I am seriously lacking motivation this morning. My kids got me up at 4a.m.!! UGH!! As soon as I get done posting I'm going to get a big drink of water and exercise anyway. Hoping it will help me wake up and get going.

1Day: Hope that weigh in goes well for you. Keep you fingers crossed for me cuz mine is tomorrow!!

Anne: Yes, me and Miss Clairol got along just fine! I am quite blonde today!! I too get tired of journaling, but have found it keeps ya honest. For several weeks I was convinced that I had hit a plateau and was just ready to give up. Then I went back through my journal, only to find I hadn't been as good as I thought. I had been gradually eating more and more, and had been slacking on my exercise. It's amazing how well i can lie to myself!!

SEMO: I know what you mean!! I am aquiring quite the collection of videos myself. Haven't tried yoga yet though. Is it just stretching exercises?? Does it give you a work out??

Well, perhaps I will pop in later. I will need some distractions today to keep me out of the fridge!!

Later,
Jen
Old 03-14-2002, 12:40 PM   #119  

Default Tae Bo

Hello Everyone!

I just joined this board today...the more I look around on here the more I think "THIS IS FABULOUS!!"

I have a brand new set of 8 TaeBo tapes that I got off QVC...I bought them for myself for Christmas. I told myself that at the beginning of the year I was going to get healthy by exercising, losing weight, quitting smoking. Well I quit smoking on FEB 19, and I rejoined WW on March 6. Now...if I could just get motivated to exercise. I need a swift kick in the butt from all of you currently doing Tae Bo to get started. I watched part of the first tape (it is NOT an instructional)...it didnt look too bad. But I have a feeling that I will feel like dying after 10 minutes.

Any advice from anyone regarding getting started with this Tae Bo or exercise in general would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Barbara in NJ
Old 03-14-2002, 01:10 PM   #120  
Mooz

Welcome Barbara.
I have only recently started posting on this thread and the ladies on it are very friendly and supportive
I have just purchased three Tae Bo tapes this week and one of them is instructional which I needed to show me how to do the moves correctly. Yesterday and today I did the Tae Bo tape 2 which I enjoyed but the other ladies here may be doing a more advanced tape
I also go to WW and because of the encouragement I have been given on this thread today I have actually been writing in my journal what I have eaten
So if it is a kick in the butt you need then stay with this thread and you will get it
Anne
Closed Thread