I come from a long line of cellulite-prone women
and have had it since I was a teenager (and NOT overweight!). That is until Fat Flush. I am now happy to state that my cellulite has disappeared
(insert happy dance here
Cellulite (if you read MrsJim's post) is
...a non-medical term to describe when superficial fatty deposits collect and are pressed up against or are constricted by the bands of connective tissue which run from the muscle to the undermost area of the skin. Cellulite can be made worse by the superficial layer of fat being pushed tightly up against the skin by the deeper fat layer when you gain weight or a formation of more tightly crossed connective tissue bands or scar tissue formation after liposuction. However, excess deep layer fat need not be an issue for cellulite to appear. Many skinny people have it as well.
The following helped me win the cellulite battle:
1) eating the Fat Flush way which includes lots of water (nothing contributes more to cellulite than a sluggish lymphatic system!) and eliminating most dairy,
2) unsweetened cranberry juice (8oz mixed with 56 oz water - daily) helps strengthen connective tissue so that there's less 'pooching' while at the same time helps reduce cellular bloating so that the fat cells aren't so....fat.
3) dry skin brushing. Cells can be overloaded with toxins - and it's your lymphatic system as the body's garbage collector which is supposed to pick up and transport these toxins to the organs which process and expell them. Since the lymphatic system has no central pump (the respiratory system has the lungs and the cardio system has the heart), it relies on YOU moving.
Dry skin brushing helps move the lymphatic system while at the same time stimulating the skin (and turning it silky smooth!) which keeps it shrinking along with the rest of you.
4) Rebounding. A great low-impact cardio workout (what's not to like about jumping on a mini-trampoline?
) which also stimulates the lymph system.
5) Pilates. A wonderful toning exercise that builds long lean muscles. I do a daily pilates mat routine.
RESULT: No more cellulite