Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-01-2005, 10:12 PM   #1  
Getting back on track

Height: 5' 9"

Default Curves - any recent updates?

Hi - I saw the thread about Curves below but no one has posted in a while. Is anyone still doing Curves and can you tell me if it is worth the money?

Thanks!!

Lesley
icmethinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 10:56 PM   #2  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I'd say it all depends on what you're looking for. For me, it was worth the money. Right now I have placed my membership on hold however as it's getting more and more difficult for me to exercise in the last weeks of pregnancy. Too much strain on my back. I've taking to just walking in the pool, as just walking outside strains my back terribly. But for the largest part of pregnancy, Curves was something I could do, which kept me on the exercise track, which is why it was worth the money to me. However, I had intended to only go for the year as I'm used to much more strenuous and longer exercise. But until my year is up, I can supplement it with running and in-home exercise. After the year, I may join a regular gym.

If you're looking for a quick workout that is not too intense, it works. You can make it more intense, but it won't be like running a marathon or anything. If you're used to doing much more, you may get put off by it, unless you just use it to supplement what you're doing. It could make up the strength training portion of your workouts.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 01:16 PM   #3  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

i go to the Ladies workout express, which is a curves clone... and i love it! its worth every penny!
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 02:33 PM   #4  

I have been a member at curves twice now, and both times it is totally worth it. no men, no fear, less embarrassment. It's low impact, and when your big you can't handle it. I actually like going because the fitness coach's are so fun. its a place for me, no family. and after im all sweaty, i know its all worth it. they offer a free week to see how you like it. i say gooooo you!
weathergrrl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 08:14 AM   #5  

Default It's Worth It

I would never find myself going to a gym, I would be afraid of the people who had the vanity pounds to loose and if I could not use the equiptment. I love curves, it's worth it, it's comfortable, and fun. One of the ladies is trying to convince me to work there!!
tinkerbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 08:42 PM   #6  
ugggg.....

I go to Slim-n-Tone which is a gym set up like curves--it's affiliated with Nutri System. I like it. I joined Gold's Gym several years ago and didn't go enough to make it worth the money. The Slim-n-tone is 5 minutes from my house and hubby is being supportive since it's a short workout and I am back home. It is very doable and unintimadating unlike Gold's Gym where I never knew what to do next.
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 02:20 PM   #7  

Hi - I am doing Curves- been a member for about 1 yr. Lost about 10 lbs and some inches. Starting the nutrition class next week and I would love to stay in touch - could use the motivation!!

Thanks...>Sue
InLimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 02:56 PM   #8  

I've been going to curves for the last year and I like the support they give like monthly weigh in and measuring.
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 12:45 PM   #9  

Hi everyone, my name is Dawn. I joined curves in sept. 2005, but recently became more serious about putting in the work. I started at curves weighing 245.5 (hw:250) I like that they measure you. To date I have lost 2 lbs. (gained a pound back, but I think it is muscle), and lost 8.25 inches. I recommited myself to the 3x a week and have signed up for their advance workouts starting in January. Curves is great. The staff, the women are a good source of encouragement. Personal stories unfolding in front of your eyes, is amazing to see firsthand.

Happy new year
dawn7672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 01:45 PM   #10  

Dawn~ I too started in September. I have lost 8lbs and 8 in. as of the start of Dec. I am all so starting the classes in January. I just found this thread today. Its a shame there isn't more activity here. I love Curves its a great place to go. Keep in touch.
TJ
gardenwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 01:57 PM   #11  

I guess I should have read a little better. There are people here!!! Can't wait to start the Curves Classes. I'll stay in touch if you will!
TJ
Old 01-02-2006, 03:15 PM   #12  

i am just starting on my journey. a friend and i will start curves tomorrow afternoon. i am committing 3-4 times per week to it for 3 months then reevaluate to make sure i am getting the results i am looking for. i am glad there are other women here to bounce thoughts around together.
ineedachange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 10:10 PM   #13  

Hi gardenwoman, glad to see more recent post here. I would love to keep in touch. I didn't go today, but will definitely get there in the morning. I'm watching the marathon of the bigest loser 2 on Bravo. Have a good night.

bye
dawn7672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 12:44 AM   #14  

Hello Dawn and Everyone,
I love Biggest Loser! I didn't know there was a marathon. I saw where the new one is to start soon. I can't wait. I haven't been to Curves for over a week due to the holidays. The kids have been home, my Mom broke her shoulder and I was sick for several days. Starting tomorrow everything should get back to normal or at least close to it. I am ready to get back to curves too. I have signed up for their nutrition classes too. Is that the same as Advanced Classes? Has anyone heard anything about them? Well I need to get to bed so that I can get up and go back to work tomorrow. Good night!
TJ
Old 01-03-2006, 08:39 PM   #15  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

Hello to everyone! I've been an *active* Curves member since April 2005 and I love it! I'm almost to my goal weight, though, so I'm thinking about joining another gym when I get there. It's great for losing weight!
lateralus98 is offline   Reply With Quote