Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-28-2006, 10:18 PM   #46  

Well, I am testing to yellow sash in Shaolin Kung-Fu Hung Gar style on Friday. So exciting! Sifu taught us a little chin na tonight, which is tendon manipulation for self defense. It was fun, but very painful. If any of you get the chance, I highly recommend chin na. Effective!

Congrats on your new belt!
sleepyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 04:04 AM   #47  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Good luck for Friday! I'm sure you will do brilliantly!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 02:56 PM   #48  

Default advise on working out with a (minor) injury

over the weekend i dislocated my pinkie toe (d'oh!) and was wondering if anyone had any opinions about when i might be able to go back to kickboxing (safely). classes are m/w/f/sat. mondays and wednesdays are cardio days (mixed with crunches, push-ups, and limited pilates moves) and fridays and saturdays are pad work (not sparring but partnering with someone-- one has pads, one has gloves and doing structured punch/kick routines then switching, etc). i didn't go last night (because i'm still pretty hobble-y) but i thought i might try and go tomorrow (wednesday) and altogether skip the pad workouts for the next couple of weeks.

any thoughts???
punkrockgrryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 05:02 AM   #49  
aka Superwoman!

Ow!

If the pad work is mainly upper body, then I would go.

Have you got it all taped up so it doesn't move? I broke my little toe on someone's elbow and I think I missed a week or two of classes, but went back and did what I could after that.

Can you go and just do what you can do? Or is your instructor a martial-bully? See how you feel and don't forget to let the instructor know you won't be doing anything that hurts your foot!
Old 04-12-2006, 12:07 PM   #50  
No description available.

Hi guys, I am so bummed. I have a horrible cough so I called in sick for work and then of course I could not justify going to kick cardio last night and I missed it so much. Kicking stuff is just sooooo much fun. I let my inner toddler shine (to paraphrase what someone else said about their inner athlete on another thread!).
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 04:40 AM   #51  
aka Superwoman!

for you - sometimes it's good to take time off. I personally hate it and will train through bad backs, broken bits etc, but it wears you down in the end!

Look after yourself
Old 04-13-2006, 11:48 AM   #52  

i made it in to kickboxing last night and spoke with the instructor before hand-- she made sure my toes were taped up properly and said i was good to go. i took the intensity down a bit and didn't do much jumping or fast shuffling but hey, something is better than nothing. i think i'll skip the pads classes at least for this next week though. i'm pretty pleased with myself for going-- usually the tiniest sniffle or ow-y is enough to make me stay home.
punkrockgrryl is offline   Reply With Quote