Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-01-2006, 09:15 PM   #1  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Work-out Attire.....whats good?

I joined the gym yesterday, did the tour, then did some shopping for work-out clothing.

I didnt buy any! Last time I was in the gym, we were wearing leggings, and big oversized t-shirts. (10 yrs ago) There is lots to choose from in the stores, and the ladies in the gym were wearing everything from the latest tightest gear to stuff that looked like fatigues. Ive been wearing sleep pants while working out at home....but I dont think they are appropriate for the gym.

So.....what is the most comfortable, cool, and NOT something that will cling to the rolls! Im not ready to show off my shape or any skin that doesnt need to be shown off.

What are your favourite workout cloths, pls tell me the brand and fabric and what you like about it.

Thanks
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:32 PM   #2  

I personally would suggest going to Target and looking at their workout selection, they have choices for both Juniors and Women of track suits. You can wear a t-shirt underneath it and the jacket helps cover any spots you are uncomfy with.

Also, I like to wear workout pants that are croped-not tight around the legs.

I double up on shirts as well, I find it smooths everything out and gives me added support up top. You could wear a long sleve (more form fitting) shirt with a t shirt over it and wear a pair of track pants. (they are looser and usually have 2 or 3 stripes on the sides.)

Hope this helps.
layners7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:45 PM   #3  
Lovin' Life

Target was one of the 1st places I checked...they still had alot of fleece lined stuff, and the newer stuff was too short in the waist....I dont want to worry about my butt hanging out when Im workin' it

Thanks for the ideas on the tops, sounds good.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Try Old Navy. They have both yoga pants and track pants. There stuff is really comfortable too. They also have a lot of shirts to choose from. They always have tanks on sale for $5 (I like to wear them underneath, as layners said it smooooths stuff out). Their basic tees come in EVERY color and are usually no more than $10. Personally I buy they're yoga pants which come in the basics: gray, black and navy. Then I wear different colored tees on top so I don't feel like I'm wearing the same thing every day.
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 11:56 AM   #5  
Lovin' Life

I never thought of old navy, thanks Stacy!
Old 02-02-2006, 01:52 PM   #6  

check out http://www.title9sports.com/jump.jsp...Type=HOME_PAGE

they have a lot of great clothes and SUPER sports bras for women with larger chests.
fikustrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 03:59 PM   #7  
12 pounds lost in 2006

I also shop at Old Navy or Ross for exercise clothes. Usually I'll hit the clearance section at Old Navy and buy nice shirts for around $4 - $6.
mocha74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 05:56 PM   #8  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I feel better if I "think" I look nice and put together while working out at the gym. So I dumped all my baggy, baggy pants and dumpy tees! My pants right now are either from Junonia.com or Land's End. 90% Cotton/10% Lycra. Cropped and easy fitting, very comfy. Always dark colors like black, brown or navy.

I have BIG arms, so wear nothing sleeveless in public and I actually prefer 3/4 length sleeves. My favorite tees right now are Modern Soul brand (QVC) made out of cotton and modal and a touch of spandex. They drape nicely, don't cling and are soft. I wear lots of different colors on top. I used to layer, but am slowly getting over it and if my rolls show...so be it...but not for long!
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 09:20 PM   #9  
Lovin' Life

Thanks for the info Nori, I'll get a chance to check out land's end next month at the outlet place in Rochester....thanks for another excuse to drag dh there

I found 2 pairs of nice draping spandex type pants. On sale too!! I should be good to go.

Thanks for the imput ladies
Old 02-02-2006, 11:11 PM   #10  
Ilene the Bean

As far as the tshirts go, try finding the type that are the wick away king of material. Don't buy cotton because when you sweat it'll show through whereas the new material doesn't and you always feel cooler and fresher...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 05:22 PM   #11  
Lovin' Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene
As far as the tshirts go, try finding the type that are the wick away king of material. Don't buy cotton because when you sweat it'll show through whereas the new material doesn't and you always feel cooler and fresher...
I was out this afternoon looking for shirts, all I could find were cotton, or cotton w/spandex. What am I looking for? I think I need to try a sporting good store?
Old 02-03-2006, 05:30 PM   #12  
Ilene the Bean

Here are a couple of sites I found just by Googling "women's dry weave t- shirts" just to give you some examples of the types of t-shirts I mean.

http://www.dealtime.com/xDN-Clothing..._shirts~V-rows

http://www.altrec.com/shop/detail/16643/9/

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/pro...dept_id=L2~385

I get a lot of my dry weave t-shirts at Winners, they have great prices for name brand stuff...

Hope this helps
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 05:36 PM   #13  
Lovin' Life

Thanks Ilene!!
Old 02-07-2006, 11:05 PM   #14  

Try a running store. They usually have tons of technical fiber shirts, a bit pricy but they last and look good for a long time. I've had some of my stuff for years.
boarderchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:16 PM   #15  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Look for CoolMax fabric - I found some decent stuff at Walmart and Target...also Ross or Marshalls if you get lucky.

They even make socks with coolmax - but I haven't quite gotten to that point yet.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote