Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2001, 12:53 PM   #1  

Talking Oxycise #30 - 14 Day Challenge

Hope everybody had a great weekend! For me, yesterday was filled with steak, fries, tiramisu, popcorn, beer and a glass of wine as a friend of mine took me out for lunch while we watched the NASCAR race (Go Harvick!), then to a movied (Cats & Dogs - very cute movie), and then home for some wine and good Sunday night TV!

So, today I better start the challenge to make up for yesterday's evils... hehehe

I think this should be a "split" challenge. For those of us who want to do it twice a day - that will be the goal and that will be what we report on. For those of us who only have the time to do it once a day - that will be the goal and what we report on.

Pick your challenge and stick with it for two weeks! We've done it before - we can do it again!

My challenge is to Oxycise twice a day for 14 days! I am committed!

Hope everybody has a great day!
Old 07-16-2001, 01:38 PM   #2  

Hi everyone!

Juliette-It sounds like you had a great weekend. I wish mine was as good as yours but I did manage to get some exercise in this weekend! Thanks for starting the challenge thread!

Okay I did my commuter tape this morning and will do L2 tonight. I've really missed O! Let's see how much better I'll feel doing O at least once a day. I will only commit to O once a day for 14 days. I don't want to say twice a day because I know more often then not I won't be able to do it and then I'll feel bad about that so once a day is my challenge.

How about everyone else?
Old 07-16-2001, 03:31 PM   #3  
Hang In There

Just have a minute, but I wanted to report I did Level 2 this morning, I would'nt say I did it with gusto, but I did it.
Old 07-16-2001, 11:30 PM   #4  

Hi!

I did my plain old level one again this morning. Someday I will get brave enough to try 2 again, but I can do 1 from memory and watch something else on the TV at the same time.

I measured last Thursday, so I hope that's okay. I have lost 14 pounds in the last 3 1/2 weeks, and my clothes are getting loose!! I hope to get some more pounds off in the next two weeks, and more inches, too.

I'm not even sure what my top weight was, so I'll put down my weight for 3 1/2 weeks ago and set my goals from there.

I'm just committing myself for once a day. If I fit in more, great, but this is my committment.

Nancy

200/186/130 (or less!)
Old 07-17-2001, 02:01 PM   #5  
Hang In There

Default YEA!!!

I only got one O in yesterday, but today it's only noon and I've gotten my two in for the day. I really really am going to try for 2aday. Wish me luch. Last night I was so tired I didn't take the time to O, so this morning I did my level 2 tape and then when I got to the health club I did 15 minutes in the pool.
Old 07-18-2001, 01:20 AM   #6  

Hi!

It's been a long, hard day. One of those when anything that could go wrong did!! (You wouldn't believe some of them.) BUT I did do my Oxycise this morning, AND my weight was down one more pound, so at least there was some good.

Nancy

200/185/130
Old 07-18-2001, 10:52 AM   #7  

Good Morning Challengers!

It's been so busy for me that I didn't have time to post but I did work in some O time. I'm stuck on L2. It's my favorite plus it doesn't run as long as some of the other O tapes do so it works out fine doing it in the morning. I also have come to the conclusion that O really does work and it really does help with your other exercise routines as well. I know that it has accelerated my results with the Power 90 program I'm on.

Barbg-Go for the O! I know you can do it. Oeing twice a day will really bring on the results. Make sure you take it easy though so you don't burn out! Way to go so far you are doing great!

Nancy-I hear you about the busy schedule. I so know where you are coming from! I'm in the same situation. That's why I have to O! first thing in the morning. If I can't get a tape in I do the commuter in the car (without positions of course). You deserve a big pat on the back working in that O! You are doing great!

Juliette-Where did you go? I hope everything is going okay with the O! Please check in when you can! You always motivate me!

Okay we're all doing great! I wish others would join us. If you're out there please join in whether you are doing O or BF it doesn't matter. Breathing is breathing after all!
Old 07-18-2001, 12:58 PM   #8  
Hang In There

Default ONLY ONE!

I was only able to get in one 15 minute session this morning, but I think I should be able to get the other in later.
Old 07-20-2001, 12:54 AM   #9  

Default Thursday

Hi!

I didn't get my O in yesterday, but I did do it this morning before I left.

Since last Thursday, I think it is three pounds I lost, and a total of inches (here and inch, there an inch, somewhere else a half inch, etc),

I almost forgot to post tonight--had to turn the computer back on!

It's late, and I still have other stuff to do.

Talk to you all later.

Nancy

200/184/130
Old 07-20-2001, 03:39 PM   #10  

Hi all you heavy breathers!

Well it's been a struggle but I've managed to O every day so far. I've never done O more then once a day though. That's all I can fit in.

Nancy and Barbg-I'm glad to see you're still hanging in there and doing O! I thought we'd have more takers on the challenge but it looks like we're it! It's still not too late for others to join!

Okay I've got to get back to work but I'm so glad it's Friday! I'm having a yard sale tomorrow so I hope I do good with the sales. I can use the extra money. I'll try to post Saturday night but if I can't I'll post on Sunday. Keep Oeing everyone!
Old 07-22-2001, 09:46 PM   #11  
Hang In There

Default I fizzled out!!!

Don't know what went wrong, I was doing great then all of a sudden about Thursady morning I thought I really didn't want to get up and do my O, so I haven't done it since???
Why can't I get motivated again????

Any suggestions???
Old 07-23-2001, 01:34 AM   #12  

Default Fizzling out

Hi!

Barb, my best suggestion is to do what I am going to--get up tomorrow morning and start all over again. I haven't done O yesterday and today, either, but I'm going to get back at it again tomorrow. For me, at least, it's easier on weekdays because I seem to have mroe of a schedule then. We can't look back, just keep trying to go forward.

How are you and your husband doing? Has he been able to lose any weight lately? Did you look at that other site that I sent you information on? Shawn Zimmerman seems to have had a lot of success there.

It's 10:30, and I've got to get up early, so I've got to close now.

I hope all of us get our O in tomorrow morning.

Nancy
Old 07-23-2001, 12:59 PM   #13  

Default Hmph!

Well, I started great on day 1 and then had a business trip, and a day where I worked both jobs back to back and another day of going out with friends after work, and needless to say for four days in a row I didn't get home till after 11pm and then when the weekend got here, I was just too tired to do anything that required moving!!!

Anyway, I know I need to get back into this, and hopefully this evening will be it... Just need to get into the groove - actually need to find it first... But, depression has been hitting me hard lately, and I know the extra oxygen will help with that...

Take care everybody, and I'll check in after I do it tonight!
Old 07-23-2001, 11:25 PM   #14  
Hang In There

Default Sorry...

But it does make me feel better to know I'm not the only one low on motivation at this time.. I will try to get up earlier in the morning to do my O. Yes....I know how much better it makes me feel. Maybe I don't want to feel better. Maybe I want to spend the rest of my life as a blob!!!

Seriously, as Nancy says tomorrow is a new day and a new beginning.
Old 07-24-2001, 12:18 AM   #15  

Default Me and My Big Mouth!

Hi!

Yes, it's me and my big mouth--or is it my big fingers?

Ihad every intention of Oing this morning, but extenuating circumstances prevented it. And this evening I've spent getting rid of a computer virus, so I didn't get it done this evening, either. As said before by you know who, tomorrow's another day and we can start all over again.

I'm still following my eating program, and with no problems. I wasn't even hungry at noon, and pulled my tiny packet of almonds out of my purse about 2 pm and nibbled on them. Not overly hungry at supper/dinner time, either. I did eat it, though. And I'm not craving sweets at all. That's a real accomplishment!!

Must close. Will do better with O tomorrow. I've got to get the fat off my upper arms. Sleeves are too tight....

Nancy
Closed Thread