Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2001, 07:16 PM   #61  

Hi everyone! Wow, I think I am going to have to start logging on twice a day to keep up! It's great to see so much sharing though - better than what I used to get in a once a week Weight Watcher class.

Marvin: Glad things went well at the market. Sounds like hard work though. Hope you have a great workout at Curves.

JustDoIt: Sounds like you had a great swim. It does make you feel great doesn't it? Did you get your run in at work today? You mentioned having the wine and oreos and ice cream sandwich. I have been having a glass of wine just about every night lately. I think everything in moderation is okay. That's how we have to learn to eat. Three oreos isn't that many (I've been known to lose count). Also, did you ever try the Ice Cream Sandwiches with the Skinny Cow on the front? They are round and really thick and come in vanilla and chocolate. They are so good and I think only 110 calories and they have fiber. There is a look-alike brand called Coleman's that is real fattening.

Meridith: I can relate to the eating binge. I don't know what it is, but I don't seem to have the control this week that I've had the rest of the summer. But it's great you figured up the calories and found out you really didn't do that bad! Sometimes if we think we really blew it, it's harder to get back on track than when you know you really didn't do that bad.

Morrigan: Glad you had fun at golf and congrats on your great streak of exercise and dieting!

Sherryi: Housecleaning can be a good workout. The last time I did a REAL housecleaning (the kind where you clean behind the furniture and the places people don't look), I had some sore muscles that must not have been used in a while!

Saggy: When I used to do treadmill at the gym, I hated getting one next to a mirror. I couldn't help but notice my legs jiggling. What I hate worse is that I sweat so much more than the skinny people! But the important thing is getting there and doing it, like you said!

Dena: BodyFlex sounds interesting. I think you said you have a video? Is there just one video or do they have several? Sounds like you had a good workout. I hope you have a great time on your Birthday next Friday!

My update: I mentioned my back hurt yesterday. I got in the pool for about 45 minutes but I floated on a woggle (styrofoam noodle) and did the bicycle and various other leg and arm movements. I'm sure it wasn't a big calorie burner but at least I didn't skip. My back feels a lot better today and I am going to go out and see what I can do - hopefully swim laps. Then I need to do some major housecleaning between tonight and tomorrow afternoon when my DH's relatives come for a cookout and swim. I am going to 8:30 Yoga Saturday morning. Sunday afternoon we are having other friends over for a swim and cookout. So it should be an active weekend as long as I keep my eating/drinking in check. At least most of the people coming are watching their weight too.

Well - I may not get to post before Monday so have a good weekend!
Old 07-21-2001, 02:07 AM   #62  

Wow, I finally got a chance to check in. Just wanted to wish everyone a wonderful weekend.

I did my Body Flex tape this morning and danced, danced danced at a wedding tonight. (Burn calories, burn.) The band was really good for a wedding band.LOL The outdoor reception was held at a hotel near the ocean... really beautiful. There were about 250 people just having a great time. And naturally, so were the bride and groom.

Stamper, good for you for getting into the pool. Oooh, that sounds so good. Hope your back feels better soon.

Marvin, glad the market went well. Have fun at curves!

Jusdoit, wow... up at 5am to go swimming! I'm super impressed.
So we're both Leos! How about that?! Looks like we're both going away for our birthdays. My hubby and I are going on a mini vacation, too. Have fun trying to conceive baby #2!

Meredith, only a few more days until your vacation!! Then you can relax and enjoy. Forget about the overeating thing. We've all been there. Wipe the slate clean and move on. You're really doing a great job exercising!!

Morrigan, congrats on riding your bike into town. Exercising 15 days in a row is fantastic!!

Sherryi, cleaning the house for 2 hours definitely burns cals! And you're surfer? Wow, cool!! Not many people I know can stay on that board for very long. You go, girl!

Saggy, I agree with Jusdoit. Just have fun and concentrate on your moves in kickboxing. Forget the other people. Who cares what they do. You're doing a great job. That's all that matters.

Have a great weekend, everyone! Let's keep getting fit!
(Hugs),
Dena
Old 07-21-2001, 04:22 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

I feel like I am kind of copping out on the exercise today - but I wrote down 3 hours of gardening on my computer and it came back with 239 calories burned exercising. So I guess I am going to take what I can get. Right now I am off to take a nap. Weeding, hoeing, and raking really wear you out.

I also took some more garden pictures (if you are interested) - the veggie garden pics were taken before I weeded today. It actually look a bit better right now.

http://members.tripod.com/wendyauld/flowers.htm
Old 07-21-2001, 11:56 PM   #64  

Dena - That's great that you got to do your BodyFlex this morning and then got a workout at the wedding. Sounds like a beautiful setting for the wedding too!

Morrigan: Thanks for sharing your garden pictures. You have a lovely garden. I love the close up of the bee on the flower. Sometimes when you have something to do like major outdoor work or cleaning it's really hard to fit in that AND exercise. I think it's great you got something done and got outdoors and still burned calories.

My update: Went to yoga this morning. We did a set that was focused on the "navel center". So there was a lot of ab work and it was good for my lower back too. I felt great when I left. I always feel like I need to drink a lot of water when I do yoga. I drank 2 quarts by early afternoon. We had my husband's relatives over and I did't think I got much of a workout just floating around and kicking my legs in the water but they are tired now so maybe I did. Also I was cleaning for about 2 hours before that. I got back on track with my eating today, so I feel good about that. Well - time for bed. Have a great rest of the weekend.
Old 07-22-2001, 11:40 AM   #65  

Hey Guys! Thanks for all your support with the kickboxing issue. You made me feel 100 times better. I am happy to see that everyone is working out hard and hopefully having a great weekend.

Stamper: I love those skinny cow ice cream sandwiches. I had one last night.

Meredith: Don't worry about your tiny binge. I bet we all have done the same thing many times. It's easier for me to keep the bad stuff out of my house. Just think of it as a learning process. It happens to the best of us.
Hope you have a relaxing vacation!

HEre's my update:
Saturday: Walked 6 miles on the treadmill.
Sunday: Walked 3 miles on the treadmill and did my upper body workout tape.

I'm taking my nephew out to lunch (McDonalds--he's 10 )and to see Jurassic Park today. My plan is to eat a salad and a 4 piece chicken Mc Nugget. Hope I can stick to the plan.

Take care!
Saggy
Old 07-22-2001, 04:08 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

I did all my arm and leg weights + abs + knee exercises. 30 minutes stationary bike. 15 stairmaster, and 25 minutes treadmill.
Old 07-22-2001, 11:09 PM   #67  

Morrigan - sounds like you had a nice long workout. Way to go!

Saggy: That's great that you planned ahead for what you were going to have at McDonalds. How was the movie?

My update: We had friends over for a cookout and swimming. I had 2 drinks that I made out of cantalope, crystal light lemonade mix, lots of ice and a little rum. I figured that couldn't be too bad. My friend made a lo cal pasta salad and my other friend made lo cal potato salad and we had baked beans and grilled turkey breasts. So I think I did pretty good. I just had one small plate and didn't snack. I had a Kashi bar for breakfast and slimfast for lunch. I was in the pool all afternoon but I didn't know how much exercise I might have had so I did laps for 30 minutes after everyone left. Well, it's after 11:00 so I better get to bed. Hope everyone has a great Monday!
Old 07-23-2001, 08:26 AM   #68  

Is someone going to start a new post? I didn't want to start it and step on anyone's toes

Stamper-I hope your back is feeling better.

Morrigan--What a BEAUTIFUL garden. You must spend a lot of time maintaining it. The pics turned out well--are you a professional?

Sat & Sun was treadmill and Sun I also did 1/2 my pilates video; it is hard to finish the entire video.

This week exercise plan is:

Mon, Tue, & Wed--gym for cardio & weights. Thur, Fri & Sat, I will exercise at home.

I won't be posting after Wed until I return from my vacation on August 6th.

I will exercise while on vacation--I know I will exercise a lot while on vacation. I plan on taking some yoga classes & going swimming every day. I will also go for walks up mountains at least once a day. We normally walk after we eat lunch & dinner & sometimes in the morning also.

I will check in later today
Old 07-23-2001, 11:02 AM   #69  

Looks like Marvin has!
And don't worry about stepping on anyone's toes -- whoever remembers to start the new thread in the morning is it, just remember to post the Everyday Exercisers "mission statement" at the top!
Closed Thread