Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2001, 11:21 PM   #1  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Walking tips

Ok, for someone as ADD as me...the mere thought of walking doesn't scare me because I am lazy...but cause I GET BORED. Seriously...I'll be walking along the quiet country road and wish to God that the walk would come to an end fast..then I get mad that I have like a mile to go...so I listen to headphones. I know that seems like a simple solution but they're good for two reasons:

1) It keeps my happy cause I love music and I can easily drown myself in the music and just forget that I am walking. I don't FEEL like I am working out...

2) I can't hear myself huffing and puffing which means a LOT. I have discovered that half the time I don't even realize how TIRED I am until the tape goes from one song to the next...yes it's psychological...but the mere sound of myself breathing hard makes me more tired.

Old 07-11-2001, 04:04 PM   #2  

Mel, I know what you mean. When I walk on the treadmill I crank the tunes very loudly and time goes by much quicker.
Saggy
Old 07-11-2001, 05:40 PM   #3  

When I actually use my home gym, I turn on the TV and watch movies. I switch from stair stepper, to health rider to fitness flyer and next thing you know, I've done an hour and a half of exercise! Of course, they have to be upbeat movies otherwise you'll end up stopping mid-step and crying over chick-flicks.
Old 07-12-2001, 09:17 AM   #4  

Meredith, How nice to have a home gym. My treadmill is on the blink I think. I'd like to own an elliptical trainer, but the good ones are fairly expensive and I'm not sure if the hubby would go for it.
Saggy
Closed Thread