Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-10-2005, 03:30 PM   #16  
Sick of Fat

S/C/G: 240/183/150

Most of the time I seriously do not want to work out!! AT ALL! But, the thing that keeps me going is that I do give myself the days off.. I don't really want to cheat on it, and I love the work out I do. I think finding a workout you enjoy is a big key to being successful with your exercising. I do TaeBo bootcamp and enjoy it a lot!!

I also think: okay, I've lost X amount of weight so far, I don't want to gain ANY OF IT back... so get your butt up and exercise!! Also since i have horrible back problems if I take more than one day off my back will be screaming at me the whole day! So I suppose my own body motivates me well! haha

Eventually, you get a little better with it and find that it isn't as horrible as you figure.
sabriena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 05:14 PM   #17  

Thank you ALL for the advice. I think I am going to try to start off slow and just do about 15 to 20 minutes of work out a day and then add on. I usually try to get an hour or 30 minutes of workouting out done right as soon as I start a diet and that adds a lot of stress to my body and I get tired of it fast. I am also going to change my workouts every day. I shouldn't get bored if I am doing something new everyday.

Thanks again!!
SweetLady66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 07:49 PM   #18  

Taking lessons is a great suggestion. I took tennis lessons last fall--first time in years tho. I try to play every summer. I love tennis and was psyched to get to play it every week in nice weather. Plus I finally improved my serve!

Finding something you like will probably make a big difference.

Good luck.
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 06:06 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

I try direct rewards too. I like to run...when its comfortable outside, but as soon as its yucky weather I start looking for excuses. I "reward" myself by spending an equal amount of time reading a book I only allow myself to pick up after I've "earned my minutes". If you are continuing with your stationary bike you could try some music, or a book on tape you only listen to while working out?
skinnyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote