Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-19-2005, 01:20 PM   #1  

Default Exercise and menstrual cycle???

I have been working out (mainly cardio) for 1-1.5 hr. 5-6 days a week for the last month and suddenly I've missed a period. Is this normal? I took a home preg. test and it was neg, but I am freaking out. I am NOT trying to get pregnant right now. Any advice or has this happened to any of you?

Thanks!
amandazimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 01:40 PM   #2  

Congrads on the weight loss!!. It is very normal to miss a period especially if you are working out as often as you are. I am so jealous right now because I work out like that but now I have to take a break because I hurt my leg. So be careful about injury.

iluvww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 04:22 PM   #3  

It might be because of your work outs. I have the opposite problem...mine have been coming every 25-26 days instead of every 30. Give it a little time to see if it shows up. Your exercising may have thrown your body for a loop.

Amber
AmberM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 10:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

I had the same problem and didn't have my period for almost 6 months. I took pregnancy tests all the time and was really freaked out. My doctor said not to stress out about it because stress makes it worse. Now I am back on track.
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 01:15 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I've read that that is common when going from sedentary to starting a routine. Did you just start?

I WISH I had that problem. Mine are painful and interfere with exercise. I'm planning on starting depo provera just to try to help. Pills sure didn't.
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 08:56 AM   #6  

Hi Ladies,

Long time lurker. I decided to register to reply to stacylambert . I heard that Depo Provera can cause weight gain 20-30 lbs for many women, evethough your doctor might not tell you about this.
dimischka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 10:25 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Wow, really? I haven't asked about it yet as I have a couple months of pills left. I'll have to talk to some women that have used it. I know a couple birth control boards... Thanks for the heads up and welcome to the board
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 08:03 PM   #8  

Hi everyone i was reading this post and saw that stacylambert is thinking about going on depo, if you have not already done this you need to really think about it first. Depo is thye reason i am on this board. i was on depo for three years and gained 40 pound even though i was active and not eating real badly. Depo makes you body think that it is pregnant and it can cause very serious weight gain and major mood swings. i was a bear to live with while i was on depo and it won't make your cramps better it will just make your period go away all together, it sounds nice but i rather like knowing i am not pregnant every month. Please think about it before you do it. if you have any more questions you can PM me. Valerie
akcowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote